[Q] No Service SIM on Cyanogenmod 11 (need desperate help)

Search This thread

Nortabun

Jul 28, 2014
Hello,

I'm currently facing a problem that i've never faced before in my past 3 Nexus 5 ROMS.

2 days ago i installed Cyanogenmod 11 and it worked perfectly fine, although i cannot recall when or how exactly this SIM problem (with like 3 apps crashing on startup) did start occuring, but i'm more than 80% sure an app or modification is causing this, but not the ROM or IMEI or Radio.

I made a nandroid backup and reinstalled the ROM, to my surprise the SIM card worked perfectly and there was service, this is how i made sure that the problem wasn't caused by the ROM.

but..
the problem still persists on the NAN backed up CM 11 the phone is stuck on No Service (won't even say emergency call , even if the SIM card isn't even there) and whenever i try to enable mobile networks in the settings, the whole settings app crashes instantaneously.

however that NAN back up has ALL my important stuff, there are loads of third party apps that i'll have a pain in the arse trying to re-backup with Titanium.

Is there anyway to fix this having known its not caused by the ROM , IMEI nor Radio? I really can't afford restoring 400 apps :crying:

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Hello,

I'm currently facing a problem that i've never faced before in my past 3 Nexus 5 ROMS.

2 days ago i installed Cyanogenmod 11 and it worked perfectly fine, although i cannot recall when or how exactly this SIM problem (with like 3 apps crashing on startup) did start occuring, but i'm more than 80% sure an app or modification is causing this, but not the ROM or IMEI or Radio.

I made a nandroid backup and reinstalled the ROM, to my surprise the SIM card worked perfectly and there was service, this is how i made sure that the problem wasn't caused by the ROM.

but..
the problem still persists on the NAN backed up CM 11 the phone is stuck on No Service (won't even say emergency call , even if the SIM card isn't even there) and whenever i try to enable mobile networks in the settings, the whole settings app crashes instantaneously.

however that NAN back up has ALL my important stuff, there are loads of third party apps that i'll have a pain in the arse trying to re-backup with Titanium.

Is there anyway to fix this having known its not caused by the ROM , IMEI nor Radio? I really can't afford restoring 400 apps :crying:

the only suggestion i could make is, go through the trouble of backing up your apps but not system data, then do a wipe and fresh install.