[SOLVED] Issues Booting on a XT925 - Unlocked device

Search This thread

Hybris95

Jan 31, 2014
Hi everyone,

I end up here after loads of searchs and manipulations unsuccessful...
Well here is my problem :

Edit : The problem much advanced, but is still not resolved, see 5th post for more information of current status
Final Edit : Problem solved, see the 5th post.

I have a Motorola Razr HD XT925 which is Unlocked.
I tryed flashing a custom rom on it, and failed hard.

Before failing that hard, I had some backups which were working perfectly, those, don't work anymore ...

So here is what I can access :
Fastboot (works perfectly, I can access it from my PC also without any issues)
Recovery (works "perfectly", the only thing is I cant restore any backups and I can't flash any ROM well yet, tryed Factory Reset also, does not work)
Normal boot just remains on "Warning bootloader unlocked"

By the way, by doing all that my backups have gone from my phone, so I only have em on my computer which is a bit hard when you want to try a restore (on a backup that was working perfectly before).

Another thing I noticed, when trying to Factory reset for example, It says "Unable to mount '/data'" which is a bit hard if you want to write data ^^

If anyone has an idea, feel free to make a comment, any idea is accepted since I can't use my phone at all...
Feel free to ask any question if you need more information or if you did not understand something.

Last edited:

Hybris95

Jan 31, 2014
Here some more infos I got while using DroidHD Utility Deluxe :
The command "fastboot flash aboot file.mbn" leads to a "error: cannot load 'folder/file.mbn'"

Hybris95

Jan 31, 2014
I managed to get a functional Driod Razr XT925 OS working by using the tool I mentioned before : DriodHD Utility Deluxe

Everything works well except those :
I can't read any backups made with TWRP before that (I mean the backups which were functionnal but that I couldnt manage to get back on).
I can't make my SIM work anymore, it says, unknown sim, and no network available when I'm trying to use my phone with GSM functions.

Hybris95

Jan 31, 2014
Managed to get my backups work again. The folder was under another name, which is why TWPR couldnt find it.

One last problem, my /efs partition has left me ;) You already see the problem ? No IMEI around !
So I managed to find my IMEI number again and trying to use that http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1960918 to write it back on my phone.

But...cause there's a but, I cant seem to use my USB drivers when I boot up in "BP Tools".
So impossible to access the phone, and impossible to write that "recovered" IMEI...

Anyone has a solution roaming around ?

Hybris95

Jan 31, 2014
Well at least I can feel like not being a total dumb ^^ Managed to install manually the driver for QC Diag Port, by selecting "Motorola" > "Motorola QC Diag Port" manually.

So, the BP tools mode can now be accessed from my computer, but here is another problem, I can communicate with the phone and even write my IMEI, but not on the phone ;) Sounds like the entry 555 (which was totally absent) is in read-only mode :/

Here is the error given by RF NV Manager :
NvManager::writeToPhone(comPort, nvItems, throwException) -Unable to write 'NV_UE_IMEI_I' to the phone. (Parameter is write-protected and thus read only)

A clue ? Anyone ? Before I find it alone again, I think I'll soon be bald considering how I tear my hair since some hours...

Edit :
Ok so I tryed the QPST thing on a 32bits XP computer. Same problem.

I also tryed flashing my ROM into the stock one with RSD Lite, which is called like that :
9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22_USERSIGNED_S7_UCAVANQU02NA02F.0R_LSAVNQJBRTFR_P007_A004_CFC
Found it here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032284
Under that name :
Branding: Retail France/Retail Central Europe
Version: 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22 FULL
Android Version: 4.1.2
Bootloader Version: N/A
Requires RSD Lite 6.0
And got an error (even after removing the getvar command) which is :
Failed flashing process. 2/22 flash partition "partition_signed"->Phone returned FAIL
Here is what the fastboot screen says :
Fastboot reason: Flash Failure
usb connected
downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT

Final Edit (#Request lock) :
Ok so I finally got out of trouble.
Flashed to the stock rom with that rom : 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22_USERSIGNED_S7_UCAVANQU02NA02F.0R_LSAVNQJBRTFR_P 007_A004_CFC
Found it here : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2032284
And applyed that homemade script (which gets rid of the cache memory problem before system flash) :
Code:
@echo off
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1_signed
fastboot flash sbl2 sbl2_signed
fastboot flash sbl3 sbl3_signed
fastboot flash rpm rpm_signed
fastboot flash tz tz_signed
fastboot flash aboot aboot_signed
fastboot reboot-bootloader
echo. When the screen bcomes back on, press any key to continue!
pause
fastboot flash partition partition_signed
fastboot flash boot boot_signed
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash system system_signed
fastboot flash recovery recovery_signed
fastboot flash modem modem_signed
fastboot flash devtree devtree_signed
fastboot flash logo logo
fastboot  flash  cdrom cdrom_signed
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot  flash  fsg fsg_signed
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase tombstones
echo. Press a key to reboot the phone
pause
fastboot reboot

Then when I came back on my phone, my IMEI was back itself like a big one :)
4 days of SMS came back at that time, I'm saved :D

Last edited:
Reactions: arinata1983

arinata1983

Feb 25, 2014
Hi everyone,

I end up here after loads of searchs and manipulations unsuccessful...
Well here is my problem :

Edit : The problem much advanced, but is still not resolved, see 5th post for more information of current status
Final Edit : Problem solved, see the 5th post.

I have a Motorola Razr HD XT925 which is Unlocked.
I tryed flashing a custom rom on it, and failed hard.

Before failing that hard, I had some backups which were working perfectly, those, don't work anymore ...

So here is what I can access :
Fastboot (works perfectly, I can access it from my PC also without any issues)
Recovery (works "perfectly", the only thing is I cant restore any backups and I can't flash any ROM well yet, tryed Factory Reset also, does not work)
Normal boot just remains on "Warning bootloader unlocked"

By the way, by doing all that my backups have gone from my phone, so I only have em on my computer which is a bit hard when you want to try a restore (on a backup that was working perfectly before).

Another thing I noticed, when trying to Factory reset for example, It says "Unable to mount '/data'" which is a bit hard if you want to write data ^^

If anyone has an idea, feel free to make a comment, any idea is accepted since I can't use my phone at all...
Feel free to ask any question if you need more information or if you did not understand something.

i have a same problem, could you tell me step by to solve it.. thanks before

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

i realy need your help

Hybris95

Jan 31, 2014

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

i realy need your help

My post clearly says the steps I made to get rid of my problem.
If you don't understand a step or want more information on a step, tell me which one at least.

Hybris95

Jan 31, 2014
i dont understand where and how should i start for the homemade script...
where can i find the firmware?

You should be able to find your stock rom here (for JellyBean 4.1.2) :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032284
And here (for Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4) :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943879

Extract your stock rom into a folder then copy these files into this folder :
"fastboot.exe", "AdbWinApi.dll" and "AdbWinUsbApi.dll"

And about the script, write it into a file called "flash_fastboot_hybris.bat" using your favorite text editor (notepad or notepad++ for example).
Then copy this file into the stock rom folder.

Then boot up your smartphone into fastboot mode, plug it to your computer and execute "flash_fastboot_hybris.bat".

Follow the script insctructions, and your smartphone should be back to its stock recovery.

Tell me if you need some files or more information.

arinata1983

Feb 25, 2014

And about the script, write it into a file called "flash_fastboot_hybris.bat" using your favorite text editor (notepad or notepad++ for example).

Then boot up your smartphone into fastboot mode, plug it to your computer and execute "flash_fastboot_hybris.bat".

Follow the script insctructions, and your smartphone should be back to its stock recovery.

flashing succes, but it stuck on red circle motorola boot animation. i think i can't find a correct firmware...
and than, i try to flash stock firmware using droidHD utility 2.0 lite, i flashed it without modem (fastboot restore 4.1.2 stock (dont flash modem) )
and now my xt925 running on verizon's droid razrhd firmware without imei,everything running great,but the network stuck in edge.
what should i do now??

Hybris95

Jan 31, 2014
flashing succes, but it stuck on red circle motorola boot animation. i think i can't find a correct firmware...
and than, i try to flash stock firmware using droidHD utility 2.0 lite, i flashed it without modem (fastboot restore 4.1.2 stock (dont flash modem) )
and now my xt925 running on verizon's droid razrhd firmware without imei,everything running great,but the network stuck in edge.
what should i do now??

For my own story, when I had successfully flash with droidHD utility, I flashed back using my own script and it worked.

If it doesn't then your problem is probably different from mine (your IMEI is probably corrupted), you could try using QPST and modify entry #550 with your own IMEI.

arinata1983

Feb 25, 2014
fixed

For my own story, when I had successfully flash with droidHD utility, I flashed back using my own script and it worked.

If it doesn't then your problem is probably different from mine (your IMEI is probably corrupted), you could try using QPST and modify entry #550 with your own IMEI.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
hey brother.. the problem was solved today
i tried to QPST, but it said that the system is write protected, and then i've find this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46476292#post46476292
there are three steps, on the first step i really frustrated, flashing via rsd not work at all even i edit the script as told.
but i remember your " homemade script" it work perfectly....
i get my imei back just by flashing an ICS france firmware..
THANKS brother..

Hybris95

Jan 31, 2014
hey brother.. the problem was solved today
i tried to QPST, but it said that the system is write protected, and then i've find this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46476292#post46476292
there are three steps, on the first step i really frustrated, flashing via rsd not work at all even i edit the script as told.
but i remember your " homemade script" it work perfectly....
i get my imei back just by flashing an ICS france firmware..
THANKS brother..

You're welcome, I had been stuck like you which is why I made that homemade script ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well at least I can feel like not being a total dumb ^^ Managed to install manually the driver for QC Diag Port, by selecting "Motorola" > "Motorola QC Diag Port" manually.

So, the BP tools mode can now be accessed from my computer, but here is another problem, I can communicate with the phone and even write my IMEI, but not on the phone ;) Sounds like the entry 555 (which was totally absent) is in read-only mode :/

Here is the error given by RF NV Manager :
    NvManager::writeToPhone(comPort, nvItems, throwException) -Unable to write 'NV_UE_IMEI_I' to the phone. (Parameter is write-protected and thus read only)

A clue ? Anyone ? Before I find it alone again, I think I'll soon be bald considering how I tear my hair since some hours...

Edit :
    Ok so I tryed the QPST thing on a 32bits XP computer. Same problem.

I also tryed flashing my ROM into the stock one with RSD Lite, which is called like that :
    9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22_USERSIGNED_S7_UCAVANQU02NA02F.0R_LSAVNQJBRTFR_P007_A004_CFC
    Found it here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032284
    Under that name :
    Branding: Retail France/Retail Central Europe
    Version: 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22 FULL
    Android Version: 4.1.2
    Bootloader Version: N/A
    Requires RSD Lite 6.0
    And got an error (even after removing the getvar command) which is :
    Failed flashing process. 2/22 flash partition "partition_signed"->Phone returned FAIL
    Here is what the fastboot screen says :
    Fastboot reason: Flash Failure
    usb connected
    downgraded security version
    update gpt_main version failed
    preflash validation failed for GPT

Final Edit (#Request lock) :
    Ok so I finally got out of trouble.
    Flashed to the stock rom with that rom : 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22_USERSIGNED_S7_UCAVANQU02NA02F.0R_LSAVNQJBRTFR_P 007_A004_CFC
    Found it here : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2032284
    And applyed that homemade script (which gets rid of the cache memory problem before system flash) :
    Code:
    @echo off
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    echo. When the screen bcomes back on, press any key to continue!
    pause
    fastboot flash partition partition_signed
    fastboot flash boot boot_signed
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot flash system system_signed
    fastboot flash recovery recovery_signed
    fastboot flash modem modem_signed
    fastboot flash devtree devtree_signed
    fastboot flash logo logo
    fastboot  flash  cdrom cdrom_signed
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot  flash  fsg fsg_signed
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase tombstones
    echo. Press a key to reboot the phone
    pause
    fastboot reboot

Then when I came back on my phone, my IMEI was back itself like a big one :)
    4 days of SMS came back at that time, I'm saved :D

i realy need your help

My post clearly says the steps I made to get rid of my problem.
    If you don't understand a step or want more information on a step, tell me which one at least.
    i dont understand where and how should i start for the homemade script...
    where can i find the firmware?

what should i do now??