[Q] Alternate to stock camera?

Search This thread

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
So I'm coming from the Razr M, which was never a top end device even when it was released a couple years ago, but I like it's cam. I've noticed that, and maybe it's just me, but I really don't like how the Moto X pictures come out comparatively. I'm not sure if it's the app itself or the camera. I'd assume it's a better camera than I have on a 2 year old device. Is there an alternative camera app that maximizes the camera hardware? I've tried Focal but not a huge fan. Most of the other camera apps seem to focus on filters and editing. Which is great but I am just looking for a camera app that is better than stock. Either that or a tutorial on the stock app settings. If I was rooted I'd just try my Razr M cam. But not going to root this one for a good while. Any help would be appreciated m

Sent from my Droid Razr M using xda app-developers app

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
Fv5 works well, but nothing launches as fast as the stock camera and you have to manually adjust settings to see an improvement. The biggest issue is the stock camera cranks up the ISO for some reason. The 4.4.2 update makes it less severe however and I've gotten adequate or better quality since the update.

Reactions: Jersey846
D

Darth

Definitely 4.4.2 improved the camera. But I'm using better camera anyway....I really like it. ;)

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
Fv5 works well, but nothing launches as fast as the stock camera and you have to manually adjust settings to see an improvement. The biggest issue is the stock camera cranks up the ISO for some reason. The 4.4.2 update makes it less severe however and I've gotten adequate or better quality since the update.

Haven't given that one a shot. Will try fv5 next thanks!

D

Darth

Remember that a lot of camera apps limit your mp to like 2....so a little hard to judge quality. Kinda dumb that they do that. Do a full version time limit trial would make more sense.

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

Shabidoo

Mar 1, 2012
I will give a +1 to fv5. I have tried probably 20 camera apps on this phone, and fv5 is the winner for me. It gives solidly dependable results.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jersey846

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
I will give a +1 to fv5. I have tried probably 20 camera apps on this phone, and fv5 is the winner for me. It gives solidly dependable results.

For those giving a thumbs up to fv5, I assume you are referring to the paid version, correct? If so, what mp is the output of the paid version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The full 10.5 MP.