[Q] T-Mobile M8 speaker problems?

Search This thread

soccerdude288

Dec 13, 2011
Just picked up my new M8 yesterday. After using it for a day I have noticed a crackling nosie coming from the top speaker, almost as if its blown. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just unlucky?

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Don't have a speaker problem but just noticed a defect on the top speaker right below the camera. The covering is coming off slightly and isn't level with the screen. You can tell the glue isn't very strong it pushes back in and then come s right back when you remove your finger. Gonna try to get it replaced from T-Mobile. You have 14days to get a replacement I highly recommend doing it if you're not satisfied.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

soccerdude288

Dec 13, 2011
Yea thats what I figured I would do. I found a video on YouTube of a guy claiming a toothbrush could fix it, doesn't work! Now the only problem is finding a store in my area that has them in stock!

soccerdude288

Dec 13, 2011
I'm glad to know its not just me! My friend has the Dev version and the difference between the two is very noticible. However it isn't terrible if the volume is under half, so until I can get a new one that's how its going to stay

Last edited:

DEFINITIONOFREAL

Jun 11, 2010
Took mine back to the store. They tried the demo phone and got the same results. So I'm waiting on my replacement. Unfortunately if its the same, I might have to switch to the s5

DEFINITIONOFREAL

Jun 11, 2010
They're waiting for another shipment. Both stores in my area sold out.

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Don't have a speaker problem but just noticed a defect on the top speaker right below the camera. The covering is coming off slightly and isn't level with the screen. You can tell the glue isn't very strong it pushes back in and then come s right back when you remove your finger. Gonna try to get it replaced from T-Mobile. You have 14days to get a replacement I highly recommend doing it if you're not satisfied.

Same issue here, pretty annoying. Going to take it back later today, but not sure if I'll be able to get an exchange - as others have mentioned, most stores are sold out. Pretty lame of HTC, now I'll have $636 burning a hole in my pocket for the next week or so - 636 that could go towards an S5 or something. :/

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

They're waiting for another shipment. Both stores in my area sold out.

I have about a dozen stores in my area, all are sold out. One guy told me they only got like 5 of them in, wtf.

soccerdude288

Dec 13, 2011
My store finally got some in! Walked in, put it on the desk, the lady said "Speaker Problem?" ran to the back, got me a new one and I was out in 10 min. New device works great!

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
My store finally got some in! Walked in, put it on the desk, the lady said "Speaker Problem?" ran to the back, got me a new one and I was out in 10 min. New device works great!

Yeah I'm on my 3rd one and it finally seems to be OK. The hard part is finding a store that has them in stock or admits they have them when you tell them you want to do an exchange. :/

Anyways, one the sales guys told me they've had a lot of S5's coming back too, due to various misc issues.

soccerdude288

Dec 13, 2011
Would you describe the defect as a constant metallic grating sound in the background of songs and whatnot?

Ummm... i would put it very close to the noise my car speaker made when it was recently blown... Again only coming out of the top speaker when it was turned up. It just sounded like a rattle... The one thing that I really noticed it on was MKBHD's review on the Dot Cover Case. 10 seconds into him talking it had already sounded crappy. Thats the video I used to reference my new one.

Reactions: aznsephyi

aznsephyi

Feb 26, 2011
Ummm... i would put it very close to the noise my car speaker made when it was recently blown... Again only coming out of the top speaker when it was turned up. It just sounded like a rattle... The one thing that I really noticed it on was MKBHD's review on the Dot Cover Case. 10 seconds into him talking it had already sounded crappy. Thats the video I used to reference my new one.

Yup, basically sounds like my problem. Looks like I'm going in tomorrow for an exchange. Thanks!

tanmayrocks

Mar 22, 2009
Speaker volume, troubleshooting steps?

I compared the speaker volume and quality of my HTC one M8 speakers with my Samsung note 2 and found out the volume level of both the devices was more or less the same, but the HTC offered a little more bass.

The sound is very less at 50% volume level and drastically increases after 80%-100%

I am not sure if the speakers of my device are up to the mark. How do you guys troubleshoot the speakers sound? Any specific method or just relying on ears?

soccerdude288

Dec 13, 2011
I compared the speaker volume and quality of my HTC one M8 speakers with my Samsung note 2 and found out the volume level of both the devices was more or less the same, but the HTC offered a little more bass.

The sound is very less at 50% volume level and drastically increases after 80%-100%

I am not sure if the speakers of my device are up to the mark. How do you guys troubleshoot the speakers sound? Any specific method or just relying on ears?

Ive just been going off of my ears... Again depending on what I was listening to it was sometimes hard to hear. But I used MKBHD's review of the Dot Cover case to go off of. I could tell in the first 10 seconds.

eruscool

Apr 26, 2008
Chicago
1 year warranty

Just wanna remind you guys that tmobile has a 1 year guarantee on any phone you purchase from them, so even if you're past your 14 days you can still call customer service and get them to send you a replacement. The only thing the 1 year warranty doesn't cover is physical damage like a broken screen/body or water damage. I've had tmo for over 10 years and have gotten a bunch of replacements on phones that developed issues.

amchandr

Oct 19, 2009
I am having this crackling, popping, static annoying, irritating, hurting noise during call... actually mine is at&t.. I bought two of them and they had the same issue.. Also lot other issues highlighted in various forums (like bluetooth, battery life, etc)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would you describe the defect as a constant metallic grating sound in the background of songs and whatnot?