HD2 Loses web connection?

Search This thread

cbeenhackker

Dec 3, 2009
It is definitely some sort of Bug on the HD2. I have tried many things now. I downloaded the HD2Tweak tool to set all the data connections to Permanent but still it happens once today.

It looks to be more stable now. The main problem I am having the it is not picking up the data connection. You can see the 3G on your screen but when the wheather should be updating or when receiving Tweets or other things you should see it switching to HSDPA but it WONT...:mad: You will receive a "Server Error" when trying to connect to internet.

It is stuck somehow and cannot make a connection. Only way to resolve it is to turn Off data connection and turn ON data connection in the Comm Manager.

I am using the Stock ROM with every update from HTC on it... also the latest Radio version.....maybe this is the problem?!

I need a permanent solution. I need to know I can rely on receiving mail.:(..etc.

Last edited:

cbeenhackker

Dec 3, 2009
I did not try yet...and I rather not..actually :(:( I depend on my email.

I think the more applications polling to internet the better, not?! So the connection will not fall asleep:p. Maybe if I have the guts to try I will do it tomorrow. Maybe someone else can check:D?

From the data connection reset, this afternoon, still working.. Lets see tomorrow morning.

Cya!

jonnyjay

Apr 25, 2006
Me too. Im on tmobile UK, using dutty Rom....

Why is this not a big issue on forums????

Why only a few affected like this???

hmmmmm...

How boring...

ronin1973

Sep 10, 2009
I have the exact same bug!

I have to reset my data connection or soft reset my phone at least twice a day ands it's the only thing that really annoys me.

The weird thing is most mornings around 6am I'll receive several emails (various sources), but if I want to update the weather after this, it won't connect to hsdpa and I need to reset my connection again. All works fine for several hours untill it locks up again.
It would appear to be a software bug, not hardware or network related.

(I'm in the Netherlands on the Dutch Vodafone network.)

arienvijn

Jun 27, 2008
I have the exact same bug!

I have to reset my data connection or soft reset my phone at least twice a day ands it's the only thing that really annoys me.

The weird thing is most mornings around 6am I'll receive several emails (various sources), but if I want to update the weather after this, it won't connect to hsdpa and I need to reset my connection again. All works fine for several hours untill it locks up again.
It would appear to be a software bug, not hardware or network related.

(I'm in the Netherlands on the Dutch Vodafone network.)

Ik heb dat ook nu eens ff me email uitgezet (gedelete)
Nu blijft hij wel werken ?????

Ramzidk

Mar 24, 2008
Im having the same problem with all programs that uses data connection, the only thing that helps is to restart the data connection in comm man.

Dioky

Oct 16, 2009
Have the same problem. First with HTC ROM 1.16, and now with HTC ROM 1.48. Was quick to find out the data switch trick. But that barely is a work around...
On Dutch Vodafone network btw.

CruSer

Oct 30, 2006
Also

I'm using ROM Touch-IT Black Leo HD2 - v3.1 with radio version Leo_RADIO_15.29.50.07U_2.06.50.04 and the connection problems are driving me crazy! :mad:

Tried a few different roms with different radio's, but the problem is still here.. My provider is KPN... I'm going te email HTC support, because I think it's hardware related.

firiel

Apr 3, 2007
Athens
having the same issues from day one. Did occur using 1.43 (stock) 1.48 (stock) 1.61 and 2.02 based roms.
I also tried 2 different radios the first and the last and still occurs in daily bases. It looks to me, as more of a radio problem

Having to delete my emails wont help me, as my biggest issue is not receiving emails and even worse is not to notice that you have an email. All day I refresh my weather to check if my connection works.

Did anyone brought that issue to htc ?

Last edited:

Cret

Feb 15, 2008
Port Erin, IOM
I had this on my diamond - I thought it was Sure's data service being rubbish. I get it sometimes on my HD2 between 12 and 60-odd hours use. I can't tell if it's a phone or network thing though.

However, there's an easier way to get connection back. Just turn the data connection off and on again - takes a few seconds, much faster than resetting.

I've had this happen with at least my HD and HD2, both with Sure. I think it used to happen with my Omnia which was with Sure too.

A reboot cures it every time.
Is it possible that it's just a winmo bug in general?

The thing that annoys me most about this is the fact that when it happens, of course non of your auto updates work.

Last edited:

northernneil

Jan 13, 2010
Happing to me too using O2 stock ROM (about time they did an upgrade!)

ROM: 1.43.206.4

Radio : 2.04.50.22_2

Only had it 2 days and I'm pissed about this!

Si607

Jan 16, 2010
UK
New (2 days) HD" on Virgin UK. Had to do hard reset five or six times as completely locks up, I noticed it was a couple of times when I was comparing browsers simultaneously, opera and windows on same page, and switching between, but other times just completely at random.

My HD2 software information reads as follows
ROM date 11/18/09 ROM 1.48.405.2 (71294) WWE Protocol Version 15.30.50.07U Radio Version 2.06.51.07

Is htere any point in applying the ROM update on the HTC website, I am not sure if its for people with ROM 1.48.405.2 (71294) WWE or to update to a newer version from it.

qweac

Jul 13, 2008
Do you guys use push-mail? I just disabled my push-mail (gmail) to see if that solves the problem. Replaced it with non push-gmail.

Nevermind. Did not work...

Last edited:

Stephen Selby

Dec 17, 2009
This problem, together with other quantum wierdness, has built up after installing successive HTC Hot-fixes. (I have the original ROM and have never installed a new one.)

I have now resorted to a hard re-set and re-installing all my previous applications, minus the hot-fixes. It has cured all wierdness including the loss of the data connection.

S

CruSer

Oct 30, 2006
Found a workarround!

Change the existing connection name to internet :confused: and my data connection is stable again.. using KPN Mobile Internet...

Last edited: