[Q] p5100 Failed to mount /efs :(

Search This thread

Vmescaline

Feb 7, 2014
:(
Hello, im a user of a galaxy tab 2 10.1 gsm.
i had custom roms installed on my device and i had cwm..
i tried to upgrade cwm to touch version and my tablet didnt start more and it says in the recovery screen failed to mount /efs..
i looked all over the forums and a i found a tutorial for restore my tablet to its original firmware via odin.
i followed all the steps given and odin did its work good...
the i restarted my tab and its just stay in the samsung logo, so i get into recovery mode (not cwm or twrp) and it says...

"E:failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)
E:failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)

#manual mode#
--aplingg multi-csc...
applied the csc-code: unknown
successfully applied multi-csc."

i'm very sad because this is my first tablet and i used for doing almost everything (almost) and i really want it back..
i've never done a backup of efs folder so i dont know what to do now. Some friends said to me that i must get the tab into a technical service so they can fix it with a sptbox...pls help buddies, thanks !!

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
:(
Hello, im a user of a galaxy tab 2 10.1 gsm.
i had custom roms installed on my device and i had cwm..
i tried to upgrade cwm to touch version and my tablet didnt start more and it says in the recovery screen failed to mount /efs..
i looked all over the forums and a i found a tutorial for restore my tablet to its original firmware via odin.
i followed all the steps given and odin did its work good...
the i restarted my tab and its just stay in the samsung logo, so i get into recovery mode (not cwm or twrp) and it says...

"E:failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)
E:failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)

#manual mode#
--aplingg multi-csc...
applied the csc-code: unknown
successfully applied multi-csc."

i'm very sad because this is my first tablet and i used for doing almost everything (almost) and i really want it back..
i've never done a backup of efs folder so i dont know what to do now. Some friends said to me that i must get the tab into a technical service so they can fix it with a sptbox...pls help buddies, thanks !!

Unfortunately, I've never come across any way to restore efs. That doesn't mean it can't be done but I researched how to back it up for my phone and didn't see anything in my travels. So your friends are probably right. But you'll have to restore it to complete stock (undo root, use triangle away, etc) before you can send it in. I'm sure you know they won't fix it if it's been modified. Sorry man...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Vmescaline

Feb 7, 2014
Unfortunately, I've never come across any way to restore efs. That doesn't mean it can't be done but I researched how to back it up for my phone and didn't see anything in my travels. So your friends are probably right. But you'll have to restore it to complete stock (undo root, use triangle away, etc) before you can send it in. I'm sure you know they won't fix it if it's been modified. Sorry man...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

somebody said in a forum that i can put someone else's efs folder, but its ilegal...could it work?

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Are you sure you used the right recovery for your device? Becasue there is no new CWM Touch available :p the old is the latest touch...
Only PhilZ Touch and TWRP are up-to-date for us.

we had same problem in a german forum, someone (2 People) flashed a CWM 6.0.4.4 Touch wich not exist for our device :p - it was not made for us and it overwrote EFS.

Restoreing EFS by a shop for ~ 20€ worked (Germany, Göttingen)

Edit:
Never share your EFS ! It´s sensitive!

forfry

Aug 21, 2008
Hi,

I've the same issue with P5113.

If you can use Download Mode, I think that you can install PhilZ Touch or TWRP. I succed
After, you caninstall a very old Official ROM 4.0.4 and finally have a root with Expresso
But ...

You can only use a factory mode, without all the fonctions and some bugs.

After 2 weeks, I'm still at this point. Noway to rebuild EFS Folder.
I've read that we can restore this directory but I can't find it on web.
In fact, I think that there's not so sensitive informations in EFS, because Tab 2 have no EMEI (Instead 3G Tab).

I hope you can find the soluce, I try to find something with Linux, maybe a format tool

F.