Jul 31, 2010
Ported from Ange c8650 build

All credit to the MIUI folks and honxn at apkhot.com

Gingerbread 2.3.7 based MIUI
What doesn't work:
  • let me know

Changelog:
Code:
v3 - [apkhot changes:  redone phone settings, contacts, SMS, picture resources for mdpi, so themes will need to be mdpi; fixed sms reject; dialer background themed;  ]
v2 - [apkhot changes: center clock, settings changes], stock browser
v1 -  [apkhot changes: modify the search key for the lock screen?, themes apply without restarting, add call recording function, colors appear to be fixed], miren browser,
Beta6 - stock browser works, battery icon works, added MIUI media files (ringtones,etc), resized widgets (jasonevil), more things change with themes (toggles and pull down), don't have to flash over beta4, maybe some other stuff?
Beta5 - new base; a whole lot of string translations; stock browser doesn't work, so replaced with Maxthon; edited power_profile in framework-res
Beta4 - fixed themes; added MIUI camera, compass, file explorer, and gallery
Beta3 - actually fixed text prediction/dictionaries
Beta2 - fixed text prediction, dictionaries
Beta1 - initial release

Themes should automatically work. Flash in recovery if themes are not working: theme_fix.zip
If that doesn't work, make the folder /data/system/theme.

v7 (4 September 2012) - Download link: http://goo.im/devs/ajrty33/roms/heroc/miui/heroc_miui_v7.zip
(goo-inside.me app will notify you of updates)
(gapps NOT included)

v6 (22 July 2012) - Download link: http://goo.im/devs/ajrty33/roms/heroc/miui/heroc_miui_v6.zip

v4 (22 May 2012)
v3 (7 May 2012)
v2 (25 Apr 2012)
v1 (13 Apr 2012)
Beta 6 (4 Apr 2012)
Beta 5 (22 Mar 2012)
Beta 4 (20 Mar 2012)

p7uTg.png
KyXlP.png
Vk519.png

MOKec.png
ZPZti.png
tpU3x.png

7gXYl.png
YEIXB.png
hUAOt.png

5GoKr.png
WhUMX.png
skqk9.png

haters-mickey.gif

Last edited:

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
if I could stomach iOS in any way shape or form Im sure I would love you for this...

as it is however, ill just say, thanks for being a dev thats keeping ROM's and ROM updates coming to our HeroC's

Im sure we all appreciate it very much!

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
if I could stomach iOS in any way shape or form Im sure I would love you for this...

as it is however, ill just say, thanks for being a dev thats keeping ROM's and ROM updates coming to our HeroC's

Im sure we all appreciate it very much!
Except its miui and not ios? If you wanna vomit, install joyos.

I thoight i ficed the dictionary but as yoi can tell its stoll not gixed. :p

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

han-yunzhong

Jan 15, 2012
广东 深圳
Ported from xiui-developer's c8650 build
Thank you jaybob413 for everything... literally everything.

All credit to the MIUI folks and xiui-developer

What doesn't work:
  • let me know

Changelog:
Code:
Beta1 - initial release

Beta 2 (17 Mar 2012) - Download link: http://goo-inside.me/devs/ajrty33/roms/heroc/miui/heroc_miui_beta2.zip
(gapps NOT included)

Beta 1 (17 Mar 2012)

hMsuh.png
DXN7j.png
rrO3A.png
aDM1U.png
gz13m.png

haters-mickey.gif
Good work !!!

Reactions: ajrty33

stayclean

Jul 13, 2010
Download link seems to be down.

Nevermind, seems to be working now. Stoked to try this out.

Last edited:

jamega2f

Nov 4, 2010
Devs continue to amaze good job guys

have any tried running firerat on this if so what are modifications are you using?

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
See OP for theme_fix.zip. just flash this zip in recovery
the zip makes the folder /data/system/theme. if you want, you can just add this folder with any root file explorer.
It’ll be built into the release. I’m working with a couple other people to get a few kinks worked out and see if we can get the latest gingerbread release to work.

Edit: do not apply lockscreens! Make sure you uncheck lockscreen when you apply a theme! If you look in the lewa rom thread there's a zip of mdpi lockdcreen themes. If you download those as specified, they'll show up under your themes.
I'll get those added to the op as soon as I can.

Last edited:

rukin5197

Jul 26, 2011
attached is a fix for themes. just flash this zip in recovery
the zip makes the folder /data/system/theme. if you want, you can just add this folder with any root file explorer.
It’ll be built into the release. I’m working with a couple other people to get a few kinks worked out and see if we can get the latest gingerbread release to work.

Edit: do not apply lockscreens! Make sure you uncheck lockscreen when you apply a theme! If you look in the lewa rom thread there's a zip of mdpi lockdcreen themes. If you download those as specified, they'll show up under your themes.

I'll try this in mine.
I do believe I'm one of those people ;)

Let's hope we can update this! The UI is just horrible in my opinion! And it doesn't have most of the features in the newer MIUI builds..

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
updated
i included the theme fix, added MIUI camera, compass, file explorer, and gallery
I'm working on some bigger improvements as far as the UI is concerned

ElectroBeijing

Aug 7, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Hi, I just flashed your ROM [beta4] to my sister's Hero yesterday, thank you so much for this! I love MIUI myself and now she does too. However, there is one issue I'm having. The themes still do not work in beta4. I unchecked the lockscreen, also rebooted, and the themes aren't applying still :( . Should I flash the .zip, or just wait for another fix?

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
Hi, I just flashed your ROM [beta4] to my sister's Hero yesterday, thank you so much for this! I love MIUI myself and now she does too. However, there is one issue I'm having. The themes still do not work in beta4. I unchecked the lockscreen, also rebooted, and the themes aren't applying still :( . Should I flash the .zip, or just wait for another fix?

Hmm... flashing the fix zip should fix it. Sorry about that.
Working out some kinks on the next update, but it's gonna be MUCH better

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ported from Ange c8650 build

All credit to the MIUI folks and honxn at apkhot.com

What doesn't work:
    • let me know

Changelog:
    Code:
    v3 - [apkhot changes:  redone phone settings, contacts, SMS, picture resources for mdpi, so themes will need to be mdpi; fixed sms reject; dialer background themed;  ]
    v2 - [apkhot changes: center clock, settings changes], stock browser
    v1 -  [apkhot changes: modify the search key for the lock screen?, themes apply without restarting, add call recording function, colors appear to be fixed], miren browser,
    Beta6 - stock browser works, battery icon works, added MIUI media files (ringtones,etc), resized widgets (jasonevil), more things change with themes (toggles and pull down), don't have to flash over beta4, maybe some other stuff?
    Beta5 - new base; a whole lot of string translations; stock browser doesn't work, so replaced with Maxthon; edited power_profile in framework-res
    Beta4 - fixed themes; added MIUI camera, compass, file explorer, and gallery
    Beta3 - actually fixed text prediction/dictionaries
    Beta1 - initial release

Themes should automatically work. Flash in recovery if themes are not working: theme_fix.zip
    If that doesn't work, make the folder /data/system/theme.

v7 (4 September 2012) - Download link: http://goo.im/devs/ajrty33/roms/heroc/miui/heroc_miui_v7.zip
    (gapps NOT included)

v6 (22 July 2012) - Download link: http://goo.im/devs/ajrty33/roms/heroc/miui/heroc_miui_v6.zip

v4 (22 May 2012)
    v3 (7 May 2012)
    v2 (25 Apr 2012)
    v1 (13 Apr 2012)
    Beta 6 (4 Apr 2012)
    Beta 5 (22 Mar 2012)
    Beta 4 (20 Mar 2012)

p7uTg.png
    KyXlP.png
    Vk519.png

MOKec.png
    ZPZti.png
    tpU3x.png

7gXYl.png
    YEIXB.png
    hUAOt.png

5GoKr.png
    WhUMX.png
    skqk9.png

haters-mickey.gif
    http://goo.im/devs/ajrty33/roms/heroc/miui/heroc_miui_beta6.zip

ok...
    stock browser works,
    battery icon works,
    dialer changes with themes, call ui still doesn't
    toggles and pull downs theme (icons and background now)
    includes some resized widgets (jasonevil)

edit: fixed translations in the settings :)

oh, also includes miui media files (ringtones, etc)

oh and you shouldn't have to flash this over beta4. should flash and boot no matter what.
    Big huge amazing update coming

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA
    See OP for theme_fix.zip. just flash this zip in recovery

updated...
    added dictionaries for text prediction