Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

Search This thread

IsaacNewton

Aug 9, 2012
Why the hell they created and still trying for a such harmful software? Do you have any idea? I'm asking you, 'coz I think can say something real for the meaning of their position with OTU.

Can't this device be updated in a more different way?

I think if there is a company in the world, which is a certified S&M is Alca-OneTouch.

Everybody makes mistakes. It is how we deal with those mistakes, that defines the experience. Alcatel is to blame, but the louder we scream about those mistakes the worse the experience becomes. I prefer to stay calm and wait for the right software to arrive.

I wish we could make an Android 4.1 build for the OT. Just take the stock 4.1 and compile it with the drivers of the OT995. Wonder how many hours that would take....

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

The page of the URL doesn't exist. Can you fix the link? Thanks.

mapamapa1

Sep 21, 2012
I did a factory reset and now I can't recieve calls. When someone calls it tells them im busy in another call. I tried the reset a second time, didn't work. Any ideas how to fix this?

geolax

Sep 25, 2012
if you give somme it good wil yes you can restore it

Easy for you to say, hey!? Look man, I know what he's experiencing because I've been there as well. In fact, I'm still there. His phone is most probably bricked, for sure!
But don't give him or anyone else this crap advise that you're posting here. Your **** is seriously not helping anyone! In fact, it is rather irritating.

People buy a phone which they're excited about and they are in good faith that the manufacturer provides upgrading software that actually works. In this case it doesn't. There have been much more people reporting that their device bricked because of attempting to do an offical upgrade than people that actually succeeded. And in case of the former, although there have been people constructive enough (unlike yourselve) that have come up with various solutions to fix this, none of these actually and unfortunately worked. Believe me, I've read every single post in this thread and tried everything. I know my stuff and my phone is still dead.

You read this thread and tell us were the solution is! Otherwise, don't bother posting your useless pollution here. Got it!

when nothing works the only thing to do is to folow the procedure of reinstalling CWM recovery using the ADB shell and after finishing installation you shoud reenter: adb reboot-bootloader and then you will see the menu. now if you see the menu you are saved if you dont you have to take off the plug and the batery for 10 minutes and then youshoud restart it with the +volume and the power buton all the time holded on until you will see the robot. If you dont have the system installed you have to download an image from mistercheese, apologies for what you wrote for his exelent work,replug usb use ADB, boot in to CWMrecovery format evrything from the mount menu create a backup mount to the computer copy to the directory the downloaded CWM image from mistercheese upload and restore,wipe,fix permisions,reboot et voila!!!!!!

madjose

Apr 7, 2012
when nothing works the only thing to do is to folow the procedure of reinstalling CWM recovery using the ADB shell and after finishing installation you shoud reenter: adb reboot-bootloader and then you will see the menu. now if you see the menu you are saved if you dont you have to take off the plug and the batery for 10 minutes and then youshoud restart it with the +volume and the power buton all the time holded on until you will see the robot. If you dont have the system installed you have to download an image from mistercheese, apologies for what you wrote for his exelent work,replug usb use ADB, boot in to CWMrecovery format evrything from the mount menu create a backup mount to the computer copy to the directory the downloaded CWM image from mistercheese upload and restore,wipe,fix permisions,reboot et voila!!!!!!
sorry,i think that in that situation ADB dont get recignise by the PC??

geolax

Sep 25, 2012

Guys hey you are right you need to boot also cwm after you bootup adb bootlader otherwise you dont risk to see any menu I am sorry it was late and I didn't see it!

rasencio

Mar 30, 2009
I've got the same issue with mine

I had unrooted my phone, refactory too
But it's always same problem
When it's complete download le file update, it's name "Version 2.3.6-Update3" then i installer then restart
But it is starting update, always has the symbol warning (!)
I don't know why my phone can not update
Who can help me solve this problem
Many thanksssss
I've got the same problem, tried copying the update.zip in the root directory and nothing happened.

tamas.vigh

Jun 1, 2012
Delay

Alcatel Hungary facebook page:
Kedves Felhasználók!

Sajnos késni fog az Ice Cream Sandwich frissítés az OT-995-re ,már a végső simítások folynak, mégpedig azért, hogy Ti a legjobb frissítést kapjátok és ne legyen semmilyen probléma a készülékeitekkel.
Kérünk Titeket várjatok türelemmel, 1-2 hét és a készülékeiteken tudhatjátok a 4.0-ás frissítést.

A mérnökeink azon dolgoznak, hogy tökéletesítsék számotokra a rendszert!

Dear Users,

Unfortunately there is going to be a delay in the ICS update process for OT-995. Currently the last step of optimisation is carried out in order to provide the best possible update for you and to avoid trouble with your mobiles.
Please be patient, you will receive the 4.0 update in one week or two weeks.

Our engineers are determined to make the system perfect for you.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2010
eniIfl some

I vaguely remember predicting this nonsense just a few days ago. Alcatel is a worthless company that owes us all refunds.

Alcatel Hungary facebook page:
Kedves Felhasználók!

Sajnos késni fog az Ice Cream Sandwich frissítés az OT-995-re ,már a végső simítások folynak, mégpedig azért, hogy Ti a legjobb frissítést kapjátok és ne legyen semmilyen probléma a készülékeitekkel.
Kérünk Titeket várjatok türelemmel, 1-2 hét és a készülékeiteken tudhatjátok a 4.0-ás frissítést.

A mérnökeink azon dolgoznak, hogy tökéletesítsék számotokra a rendszert!

Dear Users,

Unfortunately there is going to be a delay in the ICS update process for OT-995. Currently the last step of optimisation is carried out in order to provide the best possible update for you and to avoid trouble with your mobiles.
Please be patient, you will receive the 4.0 update in one week or two weeks.

Our engineers are determined to make the system perfect for you.

tumaini418

May 29, 2012
Ängelholm
please ppl, stop trolling..
if you are not happy with the device, sell it, go buy a 400$ device...
ot-995 works well, gettingics will be a great progress but the phone is really usable, and comparing to their competitors, when i bought it ; it's still a great one.

Agreed. Plus what to people expect for the price paid? Too much me thinks. Some of you pay little and expect the world. Ain't gonna happen. :rolleyes:

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using xda premium

Jun 5, 2010
No, we expect companies to provide the service we paid for, and in this case they promised.

Part of the problem with the world today is no one expects anything. We don't put demands on the providers to actually provide. Too many people simply roll over and take it. The consumer is not powerless, they've simply forgotten they have the power.

Agreed. Plus what to people expect for the price paid? Too much me thinks. Some of you pay little and expect the world. Ain't gonna happen. :rolleyes:

tumaini418

May 29, 2012
Ängelholm
No, we expect companies to provide the service we paid for, and in this case they promised.

Part of the problem with the world today is no one expects anything. We don't put demands on the providers to actually provide. Too many people simply roll over and take it. The consumer is not powerless, they've simply forgotten they have the power.

I don't wanna have a big thing start. Just wanna ask, have YOU always done everything you have said you would? And always WHEN you said you would? I could understand the point you made if Alcatel was trying to blatantly rip us off, but I don't think that is the case here. Do you?

Jun 5, 2010
When it comes to work? Absolutely! If I didn't I would expect to get fired, or I would leave the job if I wasn't capable of doing it. I believe in personal responsibility.

I don't wanna have a big thing start. Just wanna ask, have YOU always done everything you have said you would? And always WHEN you said you would? I could understand the point you made if Alcatel was trying to blatantly rip us off, but I don't think that is the case here. Do you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, here you go, an ICS backup flashable using CWM - works on any bootloader version.

1. Flash or boot CWM
    2. Backup your existing firmware (important)
    3. Download: CWM-flashable ICS FR
    4. Store the alcatel_ics_fr directory on SD as /clockworkmod/backup/alcatel_ics_fr/
    5. Use CWM's backup and restore -> restore -> alcatel_ics_fr to restore the image
    6. Choose data/factory reset to clear your data partition

Edit: the old warning about WiFi nvram is not an issue.

Rooting hint: the zip also contains boot_root.img, boot it using fastboot (fastboot boot boot_root.img) to get an easy adb root shell.

Many thanks to Lymnoreia for the clean backup.
    So Scrolling Issue fixed? M confused thanx all efforts ı hope battery life fixed too

Everything is fixed.
    ICS+ V1.3:

CHANGELOG:
    removed gallery and added quickpic (faster and has .MOV support)
    removed shutdown in reboot menu (does'nt belong there)
    removed Google now and added stock quick search bar
    removed JB voice search and added ICS voice search
    added lots of languages:
    Amharic
    Bahasa Indonesia
    Cestina
    Dansk
    Hrvatski
    Latviesu
    Lietuviu
    Malay
    Norsk bokmal
    Polski
    Romana
    Slovencina
    Suomi
    Svenska
    Swahili
    Tagalog
    Tieng Viet
    Zulu
    Russian
    Greek
    Serbian
    Several others

INSTALL NOTES:
    - copy the zip to sdcard
    - boot cwm V6 (get it HERE)
    - flash the .zip

- once rebooted remember that this rom is stripped down to the MAX
    - there is no bootanimation // u will see the black blinking android screen (that is not a bootloop)
    - just wait for 2 minutes

DOWNLOAD:
    ICS+V1.3_GBloader.zip - 164.50 MB
    ICS+V1.3_ICSloader.zip - 164.50 MB

CREDITS:
    - H1N1 team for a few files and kernel
    - Iuss for the recovery

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
    - Dont install Seeder.apk // it already runs on boot via init.d
    - while installing the rom it flashes cwm to make sure it's not rebooting into stock recovery when u choose reboot recovery
    - in trebuchet launcher orientation is disabled by default // u can enable it at trebuchet menu
    After some silence, I'm here to give you something, guys. Jinxxed did it, again. A brand new build of CM-11.0, fresh from the oven, with his own kernel (version was stuck at 3.0.101 for some reason, but it is actually 3.5, contains updated drivers, no more outdated legacy stuff), reworked most of the stuff, etc.

Pretty good scores on Antutu (6321 on first try).

Download:
    CM11 | Mirror
    GApps | Mirror

Please note that this is still in Alpha, and a lot of changes will come in the future. If you find any bugs, please report!
    H1N1 Reloaded ROM with Kernel V3 (for ICS/GB bootloader)

H1N1 ROM official topic - everywhere inside!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    H1N1 Reloaded ROM & Kernel V3 released (with Aroma™ installer*)
    *if you updated your phone to ICS with OTU, you have ICS bootloader, follow Aroma™ installer instructions

H1N1 Reloaded changelog:

- corrected symlinks inside boot.img
    - added crt off animation
    - fully deodexed & merged & optimized apks for the optimized speed & better stability
    - removed bloatware stuff
    - custpack is only functioning for storing gapps
    - prerooted

Kernel V3 changelog:

- boot with stock 1,4GHz but able to up to 1,8GHz at your own risk!
    - AXI/GPU OC removed because of battery/overheat problems
    - voltage table revised/optimalisations (UV for more battery life)
    - ArmV7 kernel optimalisations
    - added zRam (continously 100-180MB free RAM)
    - Audio buffer set to 64k instead default 16k (no more crackling)
    - removed unnecessary kernel moduls (for debug)
    - added governors: SmartassV2 / Smartass / interactiveX / Lagfree
    - added new I/O schedulers: SIO / VR
    - touch optimalisation (Smoothness...)

Installation instructions:

1., Download CWM recovery and ROM file from here: http://d-h.st/users/heimdallr75
    2., Copy H1N1_reloaded_aroma.zip to SDcard
    3.a, Reboot phone to CWM recovery (turn on phone in fastboot mode - power on+volume down + connect USB cable - then in command prompt run fastboot boot recovery_machfix-2012.06.09.img )
    3.b, If you dont like push buttons, type to command prompt, simply download this package, extract it then connect USB cable to phone and run recovery.bat
    4., MAKE BACKUP if needed.
    5., run Wipe data/factory reset
    6., under advanced run Wipe dalvik-cache
    7., Install zip from sd card menu then select H1N1_reloaded_aroma.zip and follow instructions

No mirrors allowed, and please, post your build.prop mods/file delete lists instead more hipertweaked versions and everyone able to modify own system! All credits to bagyusz & Heimdallr75 & qltsar (from pH!). :highfive: