Code:
mka bacon -j8
).

It did not create any zip in .../out/target/product/DeviceName/

Here is the log->
http://pastebin.com/CcNXpbSR

I believe the cause of problem could be->
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-res_intermediates/src/R.stamp', needed by `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/common/obj/APPS/DeviceSettings_intermediates/src/R.stamp'.  Stop.
(As told by a forum member).
I basically didn't see any errors in outputs except "fatal: Invalid git file format: ...repo/repo/.git/clone.bundle" but thats network problem. Right? And btw the sync went fine after that. Even when I ran repo sync again (without deleting repo folder), it successfully fetched everything from existing files. There was no error then.
I also did run make clean command before building it, but still.....

EDIT:

I came over this problem by editing the i9300.mk and removing "DeviceSettings \"->
Code:
# Product specific Packages
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
    DeviceSettings \
    libsecril-client \
    libsecril-client-sap \
    SamsungServiceMode \
    tinyplay
(so is it ok? Or will I loose settings app?)

Anyhow, I came over this error and there is a new one now->

Code:
Export includes file: frameworks/av/services/camera/libcameraservice/Android.mk -- /home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/product/i9300/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcameraservice_intermediates/export_includes
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/product/i9300/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libTVOut_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/product/i9300/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Thanks.
Please help.

Last edited:

astronfestmon

May 18, 2010
Lisbon
www.gleentech.com
Do this. make -j 8 otapackage. I've built as I tell. I'll post it here my night's otapackage successfully built if you want.
It's for trusty tahr.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Do this. make -j 8 otapackage. I've built as I tell. I'll post it here my night's otapackage successfully built if you want.
It's for trusty tahr.

link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3274qlh47y1cw9/cm_i9300-ota-eng.pedro.zip

Reactions: Thomas Jr

astronfestmon

May 18, 2010
Lisbon
www.gleentech.com
Do this.

Install phablet tools with sudo apt-get install -y phablet-tools

Then phablet-dev-bootstrap -c ubuntu/
To sync the repo source code.

cd ubuntu
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch cm_i9300-userdebug
mka -j3 otapackage

See you

astronfestmon

May 18, 2010
Lisbon
www.gleentech.com
Trying my new kernel with googymax v1.

Ubuntu trusty connected as googymax1 1st rom is giving me black screen but adb devices showing it as device.

Doing adb shell you can connect it into it.

1-love

Mar 5, 2014
help

Hello,
Can someone fix the phone /SMS problem or know how to do it ? Because I'll love have ubuntu touch on my gs3 but I can't devellop ubuntu by myself because I don't know how to do this .... Please ; thanks for considération and sorry forme m'y bad english .

buddy66

Jun 14, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Could not start the installation. Booted to recovery, wiped everything, trying to flash Build No5 in recovery and STATUS 7 error comes. The installation stops already at the beginning. Any suggestions ? :)

Thanks in advance.

bjorno43

May 11, 2009
Could not start the installation. Booted to recovery, wiped everything, trying to flash Build No5 in recovery and STATUS 7 error comes. The installation stops already at the beginning. Any suggestions ? :)

Thanks in advance.

Status 7 means your Clockworkmod Recovery is outdated. I suggest updating it using ROM manager from the Play store. The same problem will occur if you try to install Android Kitkat versions as long as you don't update CWM.

astronfestmon

May 18, 2010
Lisbon
www.gleentech.com
Trusty tahr s3 i9300 intl

So, the current builds are that CALLS/SMS don't work? And random freezes. That's all?

Here it goes howto I've done the changes.

mkdir ~/ubuntu

cd ubuntu/

on terminal too:
repo init -u https://code-review.phablet.ubuntu.com/p/aosp/platform/manifest.git -b phablet-4.4.2_r1

repo sync -j8

after sync the repo files

Download the following files:
bootable recovery 4.4.2 r1 : https://android.googlesource.com/platform/bootable/recovery/+/android-4.4.2_r1
into folder bootable

copy my device samsung i9300 also smdk4412-common into device samsung folder

source build/envsetup.sh
lunch aosp_i9300-userdebug
make

PS: I'll upload my device i9300 changes right next and I'll my repo downoad link

Attachments

• samsung.tar.gz
    4.5 MB · Views: 212
Last edited:

supreethms

Apr 6, 2012
Bangalore
Here it goes howto I've done the changes.

mkdir ~/ubuntu

cd ubuntu/

on terminal too:
repo init -u https://code-review.phablet.ubuntu.com/p/aosp/platform/manifest.git -b phablet-4.4.2_r1

repo sync -j8

after sync the repo files

Download the following files:
bootable recovery 4.4.2 r1 : https://android.googlesource.com/platform/bootable/recovery/+/android-4.4.2_r1
into folder bootable

copy my device samsung i9300 also smdk4412-common into device samsung folder

source build/envsetup.sh
lunch aosp_i9300-userdebug
make

PS: I'll upload my device i9300 changes right next and I'll my repo downoad link

Hi, sir. Well. I am not an expert with this.
I am still learning.
But, till today all i have learnt on phones is to boot to recovery and flash ROMs.
I just want to frankly say this.

But, i appreciate your work very much. Have been following your posts on this thread from the beginning. :)

All i wanted to know was that if ONLY calls/sms and random reboots are the flaws with the current builds.
Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there everyone.

I think I got Ubuntu tree to get working with Sony xperia Z Ultra, Sony Z Tablet and Samsung Galaxy S3.

After this successful working tree I'm doing the Sony Z compliant, then I'll try to get Samsung Galaxy S3 compliant too.

Today Samsung Galaxy S3 Ubuntu touch utopic or vivid system image building is on the run now.

I got the make doing his batch effort.

Let's see the end. I hope to see success in the end.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 successfully built. Now trying make otapackage. Good news.
    Hi
    I am experiencing this problem while I went for final step (
    Code:
    mka bacon -j8
    ).

It did not create any zip in .../out/target/product/DeviceName/

Here is the log->
    http://pastebin.com/CcNXpbSR

I believe the cause of problem could be->
    Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-res_intermediates/src/R.stamp', needed by `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/common/obj/APPS/DeviceSettings_intermediates/src/R.stamp'.  Stop.
    (As told by a forum member).
    I basically didn't see any errors in outputs except "fatal: Invalid git file format: ...repo/repo/.git/clone.bundle" but thats network problem. Right? And btw the sync went fine after that. Even when I ran repo sync again (without deleting repo folder), it successfully fetched everything from existing files. There was no error then.
    I also did run make clean command before building it, but still.....

EDIT:

I came over this problem by editing the i9300.mk and removing "DeviceSettings \"->
    Code:
    # Product specific Packages
    PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
        DeviceSettings \
        libsecril-client \
        libsecril-client-sap \
        SamsungServiceMode \
        tinyplay
    (so is it ok? Or will I loose settings app?)

Anyhow, I came over this error and there is a new one now->

Code:
    Export includes file: frameworks/av/services/camera/libcameraservice/Android.mk -- /home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/product/i9300/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcameraservice_intermediates/export_includes
    make: *** No rule to make target `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/product/i9300/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libTVOut_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/product/i9300/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Thanks.
    Please help.
    Tomorrow I will release a guide also the GPL code.

I think its time to release even to help me out on make otapackage.
    I'm building now an otapackage for testing out.

I'll release it when I've done the exametomorrow night.

Thank you so much