[HOWTO] Install Whatsapp working On Nexus 7! [05/31/13]

Search This thread

arik100

Apr 6, 2012
this isn't working.
when i tried to install the whatsapp apk u posted , it told me that the version is too old (on pc) then i tried to install it while downloading the apk from whatsapp site , installed on tablet , and it worked BUT , it disconnected the whatsapp from my cellphone.
so im asking, is it possible to use whatsapp on cellphone and tablet with the same number?

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Re: [HOWTO] Install Whatsapp working On Nexus 7! [1/03/13]

this isn't working.
when i tried to install the whatsapp apk u posted , it told me that the version is too old (on pc) then i tried to install it while downloading the apk from whatsapp site , installed on tablet , and it worked BUT , it disconnected the whatsapp from my cellphone.
so im asking, is it possible to use whatsapp on cellphone and tablet with the same number?
Yes. That's what I've done for ages. Have it working on phone, titanium backup app+data, upload to dropbox, download to tablet, restore. Try and remember to FC on the device you're not using, or sometimes it will screw up.

Not a problem though, if it does then all you need to do is restore the backup again on the device it screwed up on.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012

The issue is with people installing whatsapp on grouper..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Montana357

Jan 3, 2010
Santo Domingo
Working method.!!! 02/19/2013

After All this method is working yet but with a few steps more today 02/19/2013:

i do this

1- with titanium backup make the backup of the whats app on my phone (Galaxy S2 epic 4g)

2- uploaded the 3 file made from the titanium folder to my dropbox and then downloaded to my nexus 7

3- restored the app from the backup already maid with the titanium backup (at this step i try to open the app but it where stuck into the update phone process, same as installing from zero)

4- with the Appguard app secure the whatsapp and at the end of the process you can choose the permissions on the phone and under the Phone Calls deselect "read phone status and identity" (first tricky move).

5- then as common users of appgard know during his process all the data is wiped from the app, now you just go to the titanium backup and restore only the data of the app. (second and last tricky move)

i hope this help, tomorrow if i got time i can make a full howto with screens of all. if needed just let me know.

Having whatsapp installed with same number on phone and tablet works fine, I've been using it for months like this.

Just titanium backup the working phone version, then upload the .tibk file to dropbox or otherwise transfer it to your n7 and restore the backup file, app+data.

Just need to try to remember to try and not have it running on phone and n7 at the same time because I've had it screw up a couple of times by forgetting. Just close phone version when you're using the tablet and vice versa. But even if you do forget then all you have to do is restore the titanium backup again, takes 2 secs.

I'm using whatsapp+ btw.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

moayadable

Jan 22, 2012

Its says "it is too old and i need to update ??? What should i do????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Bruaca

Aug 3, 2011

Anyone tried my method.
My Nexus 7 was whatapp+ associated to another number (not a smartphone one ) and it's working fine. It even updates with no problems.
Viber is working fine too!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012

@Montana

I did a fresh install of a ROM again tonight. Everything wiped apart from my sdcard, and I just did the same as what I always do,, what you quoted me, and it worked the same as it always does.

Only sometimes when whatsapp release a new version do I have to start from scratch again, install it and have it working on my phone again, and do the same. Never really had any problems with it, I don't know why some people are having great trouble with it. :what:

I have the pro version of titanium backup, so my backups are 1 file only, 'easy import' but apart from that I can't see what I'm doing differently. Have never had the need for appguard though...

Last edited:

arik100

Apr 6, 2012
Anyone tried my method.
My Nexus 7 was whatapp+ associated to another number (not a smartphone one ) and it's working fine. It even updates with no problems.
Viber is working fine too!

where's the point in that? the whatsapp is just connected to another number...

we want it to be attached to the same number as your phone...

Bruaca

Aug 3, 2011

where's the point in that? the whatsapp is just connected to another number...

we want it to be attached to the same number as your phone...

Can you sync WhatsApp on both devices?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Montana357

Jan 3, 2010
Santo Domingo
i dont know but all of those instructions dont work for me, and even more ppl, in me case i have noted that the app under the current version was showing the device warning, then using the appguard i pass it, and get my phon data of the app on it was fully working.

with other person's device can be the version they are using. i just do it on the current version and works, and i have quoted you because your way was the one i tried and give me the intuition to do the steps with the app guard.

@Montana

I did a fresh install of a ROM again tonight. Everything wiped apart from my sdcard, and I just did the same as what I always do,, what you quoted me, and it worked the same as it always does.

Only sometimes when whatsapp release a new version do I have to start from scratch again, install it and have it working on my phone again, and do the same. Never really had any problems with it, I don't know why some people are having great trouble with it. :what:

I have the pro version of titanium backup, so my backups are 1 file only, 'easy import' but apart from that I can't see what I'm doing differently. Have never had the need for appguard though...

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

try using the last version. and do the process again.

Its says "it is too old and i need to update ??? What should i do????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012

The only time that the way I do it doesn't work is when they update the version. Then I just start from scratch, get it working on the phone again, and make a new backup..?? Weird

Good you managed to get it working in the end though :highfive:

Last edited:

burhanyusuf

Feb 23, 2013
Whatsapp version too old...

hey i tried your method but it is giving me error on the nexus 7 that whatsapp version is too old try downloading a new version from google play ...
so my registration is not proceeding further ... pls. help me out !!!

Bruaca

Aug 3, 2011

If whatsapp don't allow two devices with same number or sync conversations. Why use the same phone number? I'm using another number, where I don't use whatsapp. It's works like viber.
Even allows whatsapp+ updates.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012

hey i tried your method but it is giving me error on the nexus 7 that whatsapp version is too old try downloading a new version from google play ...
so my registration is not proceeding further ... pls. help me out !!!
Uninstall it from your phone. Download the latest version from play store, send a message or two, then titanium backup app+data and then do it again with the new backup.

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012

can't i do this without rooting my device ???
Don't think so, you need to be rooted for all features of titanium backup i think. You said you tried my way a few posts ago, how could you have if you're not rooted? I've never had an android device not rooted lol, why would anyone want that? :p

Last edited:

burhanyusuf

Feb 23, 2013
Don't think so, you need to be rooted for all features of titanium backup i think. You said you tried my way a few posts ago, how could you have if you're not rooted? I've never had an android device not rooted lol, why would anyone want that? :p

well i heard it violates warranty norms and appguard doesnt needs rooting... so which part u expected needed rooting ??

Baz Scotland

Aug 8, 2011
Fife, Scotland

After All this method is working yet but with a few steps more today 02/19/2013:

i do this

1- with titanium backup make the backup of the whats app on my phone (Galaxy S2 epic 4g)

2- uploaded the 3 file made from the titanium folder to my dropbox and then downloaded to my nexus 7

3- restored the app from the backup already maid with the titanium backup (at this step i try to open the app but it where stuck into the update phone process, same as installing from zero)

4- with the Appguard app secure the whatsapp and at the end of the process you can choose the permissions on the phone and under the Phone Calls deselect "read phone status and identity" (first tricky move).

5- then as common users of appgard know during his process all the data is wiped from the app, now you just go to the titanium backup and restore only the data of the app. (second and last tricky move)

i hope this help, tomorrow if i got time i can make a full howto with screens of all. if needed just let me know.

This worked for me :) thanks Montana357 :thumbup:

jtafurth

Feb 20, 2013

Whatsapp is working without any modification on CyanogeMod 10.1, call verification works if you input you real number. SMS verification still fail.

Only works on tilapia, on grouper it complains about not supporting tablet devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello for everyone, Today we going to get Whatsapp in our Beast Tablet Google Nexus 7 (tested WIFI VERSION AND 3G, ALSO WORK WITH ANY TABLET HAVING ANDROID!)

I was very busy developing and cooking roms for allwinner a13 tablets

THIS HOWTO IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANNA INSTALL WHATSAPP IN THE TABLET

DO YOU NEED: 1 ANDROID SMARTPHONE AND WHATSAPP INSTALLED AND UPDATED!

REMEMBER: YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE INSTALLATION OF WHATSAPP BY PHONE NUMBER, IF YOU WANNA USE WHATSAPP ONLY IN YOUR TABLET, PLEASE UNINSTALL WHATSAPP ON DEVICES
    USING YOUR PHONE NUMBER.

This a new method to start to get working whatsapp in our tablet.

1. Install "Carbon backup" APK from play store on your android smartphone and on your tablet.

2. Take a back up of whatsapp from your smartphone and select the option to save it on your external SD card.

3. Now move to your tablet. Take a backup of any app. In my case, I took the back up of Temple Run2 and select to save the back up in your external SD card.
    (This is mainly done to create the Carbon backup folder structure.)

4. The back up would be available under /ext_sd_card/carbon/

5. Now back to your smartphone

Copy the complete carbon folder under /ext_sd_card/carbon/ and upload it some where. (You can use some file manager like EXexplorer to do this for you)

6. Moving to your tablet, download the carbon folder you uploaded in your tablet and replace with the one that is already existing on your external SD card.

7. Open Carbon application and restore WhatsApp

8. It will ask you to install whatsapp from play store.

Install WhatsApp to the tablet!

9. Select restore option again and restore WhatsApp data

10. Open WhatsApp with the same state as you left it on your smart phone. (IF YOU HAVE MESSAGES THERE, THEY WILL BE IN TABLET TOO)

If you want to use a different number on your tablet, then follow the below steps after Step 11.

Send one or two messages to your friends.

11. Uninstall whatsapp and install it again.

12. Restore the back up again from carbon app.

13. Open Whatsapp, you will be asked to verify your number.

14. Enter your new number and select Ok. Please make sure that the new number is in working state i.e. the SIM card is inserted into a phone and can receive SMS/call

15. Whatsapp will send the verification code to your new number.

16. Wait for sometime and you will get the prompt on your tablet to enter the verification code.

17. Enter it and enjoy

Easy method to import contacts:
    1. Import the contacts from Outlook to a CSV file.
    2. Login to Gmail and imported the CSV file.
    3. Login to Gmail in your tablet and contacts will be synchronised!

DO NOT FORGET SAY THANK YOU AND SHARE THESE THREAD
    You must install whatsapp version 2.8.7326 download of the link I provided

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Hai, Im from Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Wifi user. I search for how to install WhatsApp in WiFi only tablet and guess what??? I TOTALLY works. A zillion thanksto you :good:

BTW, for those who got 6 digit authorization code that means you have installed the wrong version on the BlueStacks. The WhatsApp version on BlueStacks and on your tablet must be SAME.

Hope thread starter will update his OP since Im also thought just download it from somewhere else to be use in BlueStacks but no, you must installed the same version.

Before this I use the latest version which is 6 code, appguraded but you cant enter your code there. But this method totally works. Now I have Viber and WhatsApp, hey who need a simcard? Thank you so much AnonFBI
    This is for ppl who are facing issues because of blue stack, apguard or getting error messages like "tablet not supported", "it looks like your client has been modified". Please follow the below steps. I tried today and it worked perfect. No need to root your tablet. For easy understanding, I have colored the text :- Red-Things that are to be done on phone . Green-Things that are to be done on tablet

1) Install Carbon backup app from play store on your android smart phone and on your tablet. My android smart phone is rooted [it should work in non-rooted smart phone as well]
    2) Take a back up of whatsapp and select the option to save it on your external SD card.
    3) Now move to your tablet. Take a backup of any app. In my case, I took the back up of Temple Run2 and select to save the back up in your external SD card. This is mainly done to create the Carbon backup folder structure.
    4) The back up would be available under /ext_sd_card/carbon/

5) Now back to your smart phone- copy the complete carbon folder under /ext_sd_card/carbon/ and upload it some where. You can use some file manager like EXexplorer to do this for you
    6) Moving to your tablet, download the carbon folder you uploaded in your tablet and replace with the one that is already existing on your external SD card.
    7) Open Carbon application and restore whatsapp
    8) It will ask you to install whatsapp from play store. I would recommend you to download the apk and install it.
    9) Select restore option again and restore whatsapp data
    10) Now you can open whatsapp with the same state as you left it on your smart phone. I mean the messages :p

Please note : Whatsapp can be attached to a single number only, so please uninstall it on your smart phone after the above process.

If you want to use a different number on your tablet, then follow the below steps after Step 10.

Send one or two messages to your friends.
    12) Uninstall whatsapp and install it again.
    13) Restore the back up again from carbon app.
    14) Open Whatsapp, you will be asked to verify your number.
    15) Enter your new number and select Ok. Please make sure that the new number is in working state i.e. the SIM card is inserted into a phone and can receive SMS/call
    16) Whatsapp will send the verification code to your new number.
    17) Wait for sometime and you will get the prompt on your tablet to enter the verification code.
    18) Enter it and enjoy :)
    More simple metod

I've installed whatsapp in another, and more simple way.
    I've just restored one whatsapp backup (made on my galaxy s2) with titanium backup, and at the registration of the number, i've just inserted secondary phone number, and just wait for sms code ;).
    If someone is interested in, just pm me, I can send the backup to restore ;)
    EDIT: i forgot to tell that play store full recognizes the app, and i can update regularly when new version come up :D
    Working method.!!! 02/19/2013

i do this

Having whatsapp installed with same number on phone and tablet works fine, I've been using it for months like this.

Just titanium backup the working phone version, then upload the .tibk file to dropbox or otherwise transfer it to your n7 and restore the backup file, app+data.

Just need to try to remember to try and not have it running on phone and n7 at the same time because I've had it screw up a couple of times by forgetting. Just close phone version when you're using the tablet and vice versa. But even if you do forget then all you have to do is restore the titanium backup again, takes 2 secs.

I'm using whatsapp+ btw.