[ROM] Eclipse Razr M v1.2 - 3/2/13

Search This thread

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA
Re: [ROM] Eclipse Razr M v1.1 - 1/8/13

Only reason the download link is like that is because I do not always have the time to update all the different forums. At least this way you are taken to the latest and greatest build when clicking on the download link.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sparkimus

Sep 21, 2010
Summerville, GA

When flashing with TWRP on an Unlocked XT907 I get a status 7 error. The ROM boots up fine, and a quick test shows everything working except the camera. Every time I open it it says external storage not found and will not let me take pictures. Other than that, this ROM seems great. I've always liked Eclipse on my devices.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey

I actually installed this in the stock rom today and it's working flawless.

Clienterror

Jun 21, 2010
Quad Cities, Illinois

When flashing with TWRP on an Unlocked XT907 I get a status 7 error. The ROM boots up fine, and a quick test shows everything working except the camera. Every time I open it it says external storage not found and will not let me take pictures. Other than that, this ROM seems great. I've always liked Eclipse on my devices.

I installed it to slot 1 booted then backed up and restored to stock with no problem.

Sparkimus

Sep 21, 2010
Summerville, GA

I'm not using Safestrap so I don't have 'slots'. After restoring the stock rom my internal storage was still borked so I booted into TWRP again and wiped the internal and external SD cards. Seems to have fixed the problem. About to try flashing Eclipse again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011
this is insane bro, how did you manage stats like these?

by the way I just got my M, bought a 2nd hand one, and the battery life is pretty horrible - not sure if it has to do with the verizon SIM still stuck inside with no data running (im in Aus using the phone) cuz Im still waiting to sort all my backup on my old phone and the ROM stuff on the M before I get the microSIM.

any suggestions on how to improve battery life? ironic I would ask this cuz I expected the M to have a Monster battery life hahha...

but kudos to Nitro, this rom is awesome. smooth. thanks for the awesome work

I guess I can deal with the horrible battery life. :p

8yranadu.jpg

2y9aseby.jpg

Clienterror

Jun 21, 2010
Quad Cities, Illinois

Thanks ;) I'm running eclipse with a modified framework (I made a post in themes section no nav bar thread with a DL link) and pimp my rom app from the play store. Your problem might be it's not sleeping because it's trying to get your sim to work and isn't sleeping like it should. I don't recommend any battery saver apps they usually drain more power than they save trying to save you power of that makes sense lol. What do your battery stats look like? For me I get about 5-6 hours of screen on time per charge and maybe 36 hours off the charger. My SGS3 only got like 2-3 screen on and maybe 18 hours between charges.

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA

I should have a new build soon. My usb port stopped working about a month ago. I sent it in and the expected return date was yesterday. That might have meant it will ship back by then. I have been building blind for it but should have some nice goodies coming soon. From some feedback I have received from some testers MMS is now working properly, added pull down toggles, new launcher, updated calendar, inverted the rest of the apps. As soon as I can confirm everything is up to par I will release it.

Youngunn2008

Aug 2, 2010
Alton, IL

I must ask, how are you adding this stuff in? I didn't think that stock source code was released for this phone to be able to build java edits in and build there. I would love to do the same for the atrix hd.

Reactions: Markyzz

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011
well I've got like 8% remaining with almost 11h on battery, pretty heavy usage, screen on with auto brightness and 3G always on.

did quite abit of facebook refreshing, browser surfing, couple of posts on wordpress app, texting and whatsapping (in descending order of frequency of the aforementioned activities)

is that alright? I hope i'm not expecting the M to perform like a MAXX in terms of battery life..

Thanks ;) I'm running eclipse with a modified framework (I made a post in themes section no nav bar thread with a DL link) and pimp my rom app from the play store. Your problem might be it's not sleeping because it's trying to get your sim to work and isn't sleeping like it should. I don't recommend any battery saver apps they usually drain more power than they save trying to save you power of that makes sense lol. What do your battery stats look like? For me I get about 5-6 hours of screen on time per charge and maybe 36 hours off the charger. My SGS3 only got like 2-3 screen on and maybe 18 hours between charges.

Malvarose

Feb 20, 2013
I was thinking of getting this ROM. I have a few questions.

Is the battery life just as good as stock? This is of great importance to me.

Can I change the icons to stock? I love them so much.

What Android version is it?

Clienterror

Jun 21, 2010
Quad Cities, Illinois

well I've got like 8% remaining with almost 11h on battery, pretty heavy usage, screen on with auto brightness and 3G always on.

did quite abit of facebook refreshing, browser surfing, couple of posts on wordpress app, texting and whatsapping (in descending order of frequency of the aforementioned activities)

is that alright? I hope i'm not expecting the M to perform like a MAXX in terms of battery life..

That's not to bad actually, if you go into your battery stats and press the "screen" bar it will tell you the exact amount of screen time. It's a decent way to compare day to day.

Sent from my GT-i815 using Tapatalk HD

Malvarose

Feb 20, 2013

I was thinking of getting this ROM. I have a few questions.

Is the battery life just as good as stock? This is of great importance to me.

Can I change the icons to stock? I love them so much.

What Android version is it?

Can no one answer my questions?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

skippid

Oct 14, 2012

Can no one answer my questions?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

This entire thread answers your questions. This ROM has excellent battery life, is Android Jellybean 4.1.2 (a motoblur base), and if you want to change the icons, you'll have to use a launcher(easiest way). Using a launcher on top of this ROM seems useless to me because of the attention to darkening the apps for aesthetic appeal.

If you like the Motorola Blur icon set, and battery life plays a huge role, the BDH ROM would be your better choice. My 2¢.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: Clienterror

timpohladthomas

Aug 25, 2010

This entire thread answers your questions. This ROM has excellent battery life, is Android Jellybean 4.1.2 (a motoblur base), and if you want to change the icons, you'll have to use a launcher(easiest way). Using a launcher on top of this ROM seems useless to me because of the attention to darkening the apps for aesthetic appeal.

If you like the Motorola Blur icon set, and battery life plays a huge role, the BDH ROM would be your better choice. My 2¢.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

+1

ktracho13

Jan 19, 2013
Elkhart

Yea if you flash it to stock it has issues with super user working :(

I have a question regarding stock rom. I successfully restored this rom on stock rom but I'm getting issues when installing apps it says insufficient space. I would like to know if I can restore back my stock rom I have a back up of it but I don't know if I'll have any problems if I do that. Does anyone know what steps have to be done first? I'm on the latest version of safestrap

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

Clienterror

Jun 21, 2010
Quad Cities, Illinois

I have a question regarding stock rom. I successfully restored this rom on stock rom but I'm getting issues when installing apps it says insufficient space. I would like to know if I can restore back my stock rom I have a back up of it but I don't know if I'll have any problems if I do that. Does anyone know what steps have to be done first? I'm on the latest version of safestrap

Did you delete slot 1? If you didn't that's your problem.

Reactions: ktracho13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Eclipse Jellybean - Welcome to the Dark!

M-1.png

M-2.png

M-3.png

M-5.png

Eclipse Rom Features: (general overview)
    Motorola Blur based with AOSP goodies compiled from my Eclipse AOSP source
    Dark UI
    Extended power menu with reboot, hot reboot, and bootloader
    AOSP lockscreen with sound toggle
    Resources changed back to AOSP UI/theme
    Modified app priority for faster launching
    framework enhancements for smoother scrolling
    AOSP Deskclock
    Terminal emulator
    T9 AOSPDialer
    Quick Reply MMS
    Inverted Google Apps
    Inverted Apps
    Removed IME toggle from status bar
    Trebuchet Launcher modded by me for the Razr M
    4.2 Keyboard with Swype like functions

Much much more!!

Changelog:
    v1.2 - 3/2/13
    Fixed alarm clock and changed to 4.1.2 based
    Fixed MMS sending
    Fixed/enabled default tethering/hotspot
    New trebuchet launcher for the M
    Added pulldown toggles
    Added soft menu key
    Added cpu boosting hooks to eliminate some lag
    Changed to a modded blur camera/gallery
    Updated AOSP contacts to latest Eclipse source
    Fixed/Added back DSP manager
    Added Google Car home dock
    Updated Superuser, Market, YouTube, Maps, Music, Google Now, Chrome
    Inverted Google Talk
    Added launcher settings under "Device" in settings
    Updated to latest 4.2.2 Email from Eclipse source
    Darkened UI Eclipse AOSP style

v1.1 - 1/8/13
    Added 4.2.1 Alarm clock - from Eclipse AOSP source
    Removed DSP Manager due to sound issues
    Removed Car Home as it is not currently supported by Google
    Leaner build
    Fixed Calendar sync - built a new Calendar from Eclipse AOSP source
    Added accurate battery mod - battery displays in 1% increments
    Updated Inverted Gmail, Terminal and Google Now

Note:
    Do not use any of my work with prior approval.

Downloads
    Download Rom: http://eclipserom.com/thedark/showthread.php?12-ROM-Eclipse-Razr-M-v1-1-1-8-13

I should have a new build soon. My usb port stopped working about a month ago. I sent it in and the expected return date was yesterday. That might have meant it will ship back by then. I have been building blind for it but should have some nice goodies coming soon. From some feedback I have received from some testers MMS is now working properly, added pull down toggles, new launcher, updated calendar, inverted the rest of the apps. As soon as I can confirm everything is up to par I will release it.

I got my RAZR m back from Motorola yesterday. I should have a new build out this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    This is greattt.. keep up the good work.. :).. i would love to flash this now but is it stable and good battery life? I need something for daily use so stable is very important.. :)

I do not release unstable builds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Anyone experiencing force closes with clock when trying to add a new alarm?

I have this fixed for the next build.