need custom recovery in stock 4.4.2 rooted

Search This thread

docmarioce

Nov 2, 2007
Hi guys

I just got my Verizon G2 2days ago and was able to root but all the threads that I find are confusing. I need a custom recovery to start flashing ROMS but don't know what to install. I have searched. How can I install TWRP 2.7.0.0?

Thanks

Mario

docmarioce

Nov 2, 2007
Other question how do I know if I have a full 24A bootstack already. I got the phone 3 days ago. I installed the 4.4.2 update (2 updates) and then I rooted and installed the last recovery. I am ready for flashing but I don't know if I have 24A bootstack. Can anybody clarify? I am new to LG world coming from the Galaxy S4, S5 and then HTC One M8. I am liking better the LG G2.

Thanks

Mario

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
If you took the OTA to 4.4.2 you're on the 24A bootstack. You're all set. When you start flashing ROMs be sure they are for 24A before you flash. If they're not they won't boot without the 12B radios.

Last edited:
Reactions: docmarioce

docmarioce

Nov 2, 2007
Great! I can't wait to start flashing. Thanks! Any recommendations on ROMs?. I like stock look but is a little slow. I guess if I have the same system just faster I would be happy.

Thanks again. Enjoying my new forum and phone so far.

Best

Mario

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
For 24A we have the stock based ROMs. Like Malladus, Cloudy and a few others. AOSP for 24A is currently Carbon, there's a CM11 build for 24A in the VZW development section. C-Rom, Resurrection Remix and Mahdi. Which I highly recommend, so much closer to AOSP than CM and the others as dr87 pulls in stuff from the N5 to make our G2 as awesome as possible. Personally its my favorite. I'd keep an eye on the thread and wait til the next build for that one though. Should be coming soon.

Reactions: docmarioce

docmarioce

Nov 2, 2007
For 24A we have the stock based ROMs. Like Malladus, Cloudy and a few others. AOSP for 24A is currently Carbon, there's a CM11 build for 24A in the VZW development section. C-Rom, Resurrection Remix and Mahdi. Which I highly recommend, so much closer to AOSP than CM and the others as dr87 pulls in stuff from the N5 to make our G2 as awesome as possible. Personally its my favorite. I'd keep an eye on the thread and wait til the next build for that one though. Should be coming soon.

Good info to start. I have work to do now. Will be around for a while. Thanks!! :good:

Reactions: JRJ442

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys

I just got my Verizon G2 2days ago and was able to root but all the threads that I find are confusing. I need a custom recovery to start flashing ROMS but don't know what to install. I have searched. How can I install TWRP 2.7.0.0?

Thanks

Mario

Autorec, look for it in the G2 Dev section.
    If you took the OTA to 4.4.2 you're on the 24A bootstack. You're all set. When you start flashing ROMs be sure they are for 24A before you flash. If they're not they won't boot without the 12B radios.

Good info to start. I have work to do now. Will be around for a while. Thanks!! :good: