[ROM] [ICS|MTD] [GSM/CDMA] AOKP SGT7 - Milestone #6 (19/09/2012)

which launcher should be installed by default?

• trebuchet (current)

Votes: 336 44.2%
  • nova launcher (default in AOKP for phones)

Votes: 425 55.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

stimpz0r

Jun 19, 2011
Cranbourne East
stimpz0r.com
AOKP SGT7​

Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
for Samsung Galaxy Tab (GSM/CDMA)

aokp-sgt7_logo-lge.png

<< AOKP SGT7 website >>

:: : [ FACEBOOK ] :: [ TWITTER ] :: [ GOOGLE+ ] :: [ XDA ] :: [ GITHUB ] :: [ GOO.IM ] : ::

[ :: DISCLAIMER :: ]

this rom is a BETA, it is NOT complete. it will definitely have bugs or things that don't work the way they should. FLASHING THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! i take no responsibility for any damage flashing this rom may cause to your tablet, computer, family members, pets, the environment, or the planet. remember, by downloading this rom and flashing it on your tablet, you accept that it may not work as it should.

this rom is based on the SGT7 ICS Te4m's device and vendor files, therefore anything not working in the CM9 build, won't work on this (and some things that do may not even work).

*** WARNING!!! ***

IF YOU ARE INSTALLING MILESTONE #5 OR ABOVE AND ARE COMING FROM AN MTD BASED ROM (TE4M CM9'S LATEST RELEASES) A FULL RE-PARTITION & RESTOCK WILL BE NEEDED TO MAKE THIS OR ANY OTHER NON-MTD ROM FUNCTION PROPERLY. YOU CAN BRICK YOUR TABLET BY MESSING WITH NON MTD ROMS ON A MTD FLASHED DEVICE

*** PLEASE READ THIS EXTRA WARNING ***

this rom is not official, it means that you wont find it on AOKP's download pages, you wont find it on their github, and you wont get any help asking them about this build. it is not supported by TeamKang (creators of AOKP), and may never be. do not attempt to download any of the roms on their website / forums and flash them on to a GSM GalaxyTab. downloading roms built for other devices will cause you great heartache and either turn your tablet into an expensive brick, or you will have to restock / reflash your tablet.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

[ :: INTRODUCTION :: ]

after seeing that there was an official build of AOKP for the Verizon Tab, i decided to see if i could get it working on the GSM Galaxy Tab. Using the SGT7 TE4M's device/vendor and kernel for CM9 and AOKP source, i kept fiddling until it worked and have since kept adding extra features that are either specific to the SGT7, or things that compliment the SGT7; the result is this rom.

the build is named "AOKP SGT7" for 3 reasons:

1. SGT7 stands for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
  2. the SGT7 TE4M is one of the main reasons this rom exists, so it pays homage to their excellent work.
  3. most of the SGT7 TE4M's builds "extra" features (from their unofficial CM9 builds) are included in this release

this would not have been possible without the hard work by the SGT7 TE4M, and by TeamKang, i just changed a few things around to get it working and added features that the SGT7 TE4M have added to their CM9 builds along the way.

the main feature of AOKP is the Rom Control menu in settings, it allows you to tweak a lot of things to suit your needs, currently some dont work like they should on a tablet, but im sure they will be fixed in the future.

for more details on AOKP itself please stop by their RootzWiki thread (slightly outdated, but gives you a fair idea on what to look forward to) :: What is AOKP?! (and Features list)

AOKP SGT7 features ::

• MTD based rom
  • device / vendor / kernel from the SGT7 TE4M's awesome work
  • most SGT7 TE4M "additions" added to ROMControl under "Tablet Tweaks" menu (see below for list of added features)
  • Trebuchet (sbradymobile edition) and Apex Launcher included
  • DSPManager included for tweaking of sound levels
  • Apollo (sbradymobile edition) included in place of standard Google Music.apk
  • fixes for SGT7 related problems included throughout code (Phone / Camera / Navbar buttons / etc...)
  • and much more. ;)

SGT7 TE4M additions included in AOKP SGT7 (mostly found in ROMControl -> Tablet Tweaks) ::

• LiveOC control (disabled due to instability at the moment)
  • GPU overclock control
  • Wifi Power Management
  • Disable (enable) capacitive buttons
  • Control capacitive button light timeout
  • Mirrored statusbar
  • Hide statusbar on fullscreen apps (i.e. in "shadowed" mode)
  • Peek notifications (touch notification icon to preview notification)
  • JPEG screenshots

[ :: INSTALLATION :: ]

*** FOR INSTALLATION OF BUILD #34 AND ABOVE (MTD) ***

first but foremost, if you are new to MTD, or just need to brush up on the information, then read --> THIS

IF YOU ARE ON A PREVIOUS BUILD OF AOKP (BELOW MILESTONE #5), OR ON A NON-MTD BASED ROM YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:

you need to restock and install a custom kernel with CWM 5+ before attempting to install the MTD based rom. restocking and installing Overcome (or at the very least the Overcome Kernel) on the P1000 is necessary to ensure that there are no problems with the conversion to MTD (restock ensures a clean system and partitions, flashing overcome's kernel gives us an updated CWM recovery which is needed to flash an MTD rom), and the last thing anyone wants is for their tab to fail and become bricked. read the link above to further explain MTD; what it is and what its benefits are. for the end user its not a big noticable change, but the possibilities it opens make it very worthwhile.

FOLLOW THE RESTOCKING STEPS FOR YOUR DEVICE, THEN FOLLOW THE "FOR ALL VARIANTS" STEPS BELOW

FOR P1000 (GSM) ONLY ::

follow Team Overcomes excellent installation guide --> HERE all the way, then follow the below instructions:

FOR P1000L (GSM) ONLY ::

NEED TO FILL THIS IN! research first before flashing!!!

FOR P1000N (GSM) ONLY ::

FOR SCH-I800 / SPH-P100 (CDMA) ONLY ::

here is a good tutorial for going from stock to CM9 on the CDMA variants:

[HOLY CRAP][SPRINT P100] Stock to ICS - Complete Walkthrough

you don't need to install build 7 at the end of the above guide, but once you have done installing build #5, follow the guide below to get to AOKP SGT7.

*** NOTE *** build #40 / #38 has a problematic kernel (it causes the ENCRYPTION UNSUCCESSFUL message even though its not encrypted), until i release an updated kernel for CDMA variants - i suggest you download the stable p1c release of CM9 and extract the kernel out of the zip and flash it using Heimdall.

FOR ALL VARIANTS (OR FOR UPGRADING FROM MTD BASED ROMS) ::

• copy the rom onto your SD card or internal memory
  • reboot in to ClockworkMod Recovery
  • go to wipe menu
  • select both "wipe data / factory reset" and "wipe dalvik cache" ** MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM **
  • go to install -> choose from either internal / external sd card -> navigate and select the zip file
  • after a few seconds, the tablet will reboot and go into a bootloop (you will see a CWM recovery screen flash up). hold down the vol up key and it should go back to recovery.
  • again, go to install -> choose from either internal / external sd card -> navigate and select the zip file for the rom
  • do the same as above for gapps (google apps)
  • reboot

*** WARNING ***

IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER YOU MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR TABLET!​

i will not be held responsible for any damage you cause by not doing as you have been told. this is your only warning. any complaints about something going wrong because you haven't followed these to the letter WILL BE IGNORED.

if you are already on an MTD based rom, follow the instructions i gave under the FOR ALL VARIANTS section (you do not need to restock everytime you install a new MTD based rom), and you should be fine (it wont reboot/bootloop the first time you flash if you are already on MTD), you may not even need to wipe data / dalvik cache if its from a previous MTD build of AOKP, but if you are having problems, it is the first thing you should do.

BUILDS :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-sgt7-builds/viewcategory/4-builds

KERNELS :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-sgt7-kernels/viewcategory/5-kernels

GAPPS (29/04/2012) - [ :: DOWNLOAD :: ]

gapps links are hosted on goo-inside.me, check out http://goo.im/gapps/ for latest gapps package (download the CyanogenMod 9.x version)

THE LATEST VERSION OF GAPPS DOES NOT COME WITH GMAIL, THEY HAVE REMOVED IT DUE TO IT BEING AVAILABLE ON THE PLAY STORE / MARKET. INSTALL IT FROM THERE!

SOURCE :: http://github.com/stimpz0r

first and foremost, without the use of SGT7 ICS Te4m's device, vendor and kernel this project would never have worked. their excellent work has gotten all of us ICS on the galaxy tab, and personally i am forever grateful for their work.

also without TeamKang, the people behind AOKP, this release would never have been possible. they have put in a massive amount of work to get this working for a lot of devices.

so without further ado, i thank the following:

THE SGT7 ICS/CM9 TE4M ::

angel_666
cdesai
humberos
jt1134
koxudaxi
red_rebel
sbrady
Techomancer

special thanks goes out to HumberOS for helping this build work even smoother by building, compiling and releasing kernels for us. he is the SGT7 kernel wizard! :D

>> check out their CM9 development forum --> HERE
>> check out their github --> https://github.com/sgt7

TEAMKANG (THE CREATORS OF AOKP) ::

Roman
Whitehawkx
ProTekk
Zaphod-Beeble
Sethyx

also i cant forget:

dizgustipated - even though SGT7 CM9 TE4M pushed me to my first sync/build, it was his AOSEP project that got me fiddling and fixing. he was also part of the reason why CM9/ICS is where it is at today. (sorry i forgot you!)

CyanogenMod - one of the greatest custom rom teams ever. first rom i ever flashed on my first android phone, and the pioneers in multi handset / tablet development. without them ICS wouldn't have spread so far, and so quickly.

lexi1986 - attempting to provide hosting for the roms, thanks for the support when you gave it, and sorry this got so popular that it ended up hurting your hosting! :)

... and to all the people who use this and provide me feedback, thanks to you too! :)

Last edited:

stimpz0r

Jun 19, 2011
Cranbourne East
stimpz0r.com
[ :: SCREENSHOTS / VIDEOS :: ]

here is a few screenshots of AOKP in action on my tablet.

Screenshot_2012-02-28-17-13-12.jpgScreenshot_2012-02-28-17-14-21.jpgScreenshot_2012-02-28-17-14-49.jpg

heres some youtube videos of the rom in action (build #29) courtesy of laxanoulis1:

[ :: BUGS / KNOWN ISSUES :: ]

of course, being a beta there is bugs. first and foremost, i will say it again, this build of AOKP is based on the SGT7 ICS Te4m's device, vendor and kernels, therefore: ANYTHING THAT DOESNT WORK ON ICS CM9 WILL NOT WORK ON THIS BUILD EITHER! i will leave it up to you to find out what hardware does / doesnt work.

during my testing of AOKP features i have noticed the following bugs:

• nothing to list here at this time...

and some more device/rom based bugs:

• some people are experiencing rotation issues (if you hold down on an icon on the homescreen it will rotate 90 degrees instead of allowing you to move it), go to ( ROMControl -> General UI -> allow 180 degree rotation ) and it should fix it.
  • camera is still touchy, will crash randomly

this as i said is a beta, and each person that flashes this is in a way a tester. :)

so you think you have found a bug in AOKP SGT7? - thats great! (well, not really but at least its a step closer to it being potentially fixed!) :p

here is what you do:

yes, thats all... well its not - read it, follow it, and remember one thing:

BUGS / FEATURE REQUESTS POSTED IN THIS TOPIC WILL BE IGNORED AND POSSIBLY REPORTED TO MODERATORS - KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN - THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE A BUG TRACKER NOW!!!​

you have been warned.

AOKP SGT7 :: changelog

Last edited:

stimpz0r

Jun 19, 2011
Cranbourne East
stimpz0r.com
[ :: THEMES / USER CONTRIBUTIONS :: ]

want to see your name up in lights (well at least included in here!), then feel free to contribute something!

i dont ask for donations for this rom or my work, but if you feel you want to contribute something, then get creative. i get joy from giving back to the community (thats all i need / ask for from my work on this rom), and so could you!

one of the first things that grabbed with with android was the customizability. i previously owned nokias before i got my first android phone (LG Optimus Swift GT540), and when i started on android i was blown away by the length you could go to customize your phone / tablet the way you want it. this was also the thing that pushed me to port AOKP over to our wonderful tablets. im looking for people who wish to help make AOKP on our Galaxy Tab an even better experience. post in this forum, or private message me with anything you wish to contribute, and if it passes it will appear in this section (with full credit to YOU).

one of the main things i am hoping for are themes. even though we don't have something as easy and powerful as CM7's theme chooser, or MIUI's theme engine, it would still be good to give the users the choice to change their tablets looks further. until TeamKang get a theme system going for AOKP, i will attempt to build a porting script that will port the themes to all newer builds (at least on the AOKP side of things).

contributing doesnt have to stop at themes though, if you think you have anything you can offer to contribute towards making this better for everyone, then feel free to speak up and give us (or me personally) your idea.

help out the community and contribute! :)

[ :: CONTRIBUTIONS TO AOKP :: ]

first and foremost, id like to thank everyone who helps out by answering posts in this thread and helps out their fellow users of AOKP. not only do you make my job easier but you are doing your part to contribute, and i thank you for that!

the following people deserve a special mention for continually helping out the newer crowd:

HELPERS ::

>> yosup :: constantly not only helping out the less knowledgeable users, but keeping everyone (including me!) up to date on the latest releases by TeamKang

>> qm4n76 :: always lending a hand to help out people not only in here, but in the other ICS / SGT7 related forums (which is probably why he is a BOCA contributor!)

>> priyana :: not only helps out wherever possible, but more recently gave me the idea of implementing a modem switcher for t-mobile users after pointing me to the direction of rotohammers work (which i have yet to do, sorry!)

>> salahmed :: besides the kind words on the rom and my work, and helping out wherever possible, has also created a modified ICS bootanimation for people who are sick of the unicorn (see below)

THEMES / GRAPHICS ::

>> salahmed :: has created a modified version of the ICS bootanimation (the Galaxy Nexus boot animation that came with the original AOSP alpha versions) with some AOKP flavour:

>> yappoe :: has created another boot animation for users who are tired of the standard flavours.

Last edited:

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)​

for Samsung Galaxy Tab (GSM)

this rom is a BETA, it is NOT complete. it will definitely have bugs or things that don't work the way they should. FLASHING THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! i take no responsibility for any damage flashing this rom may cause to your tablet, computer, family members, pets, the environment, or the planet. remember, by downloading this rom and flashing it on your tablet, you accept that it may not work as it should.

this rom is based on the SGT7 ICS Te4m's device and vendor files, therefore anything not working in the CM9 build, won't work on this.

after seeing that there was an official build of AOKP for the Verizon Tab, i decided to see if i could get it working on the GSM Galaxy Tab. Using the ICS Te4m's device/vendor and kernel for CM9 and AOKP source, i kept fiddling until it worked. the result is this rom.

this would not have been possible without the hard work by the ICS TE4M, and by TeamKang, i just changed a few things around to get it working.

the main feature of AOKP is the Rom Control menu in settings, it allows you to tweak a lot of things to suit your needs, currently some dont work like they should on a tablet, but im sure they will be fixed in the future. take a look at the second screenshot in post #2 for a taste. as a bonus you get a pink boot animation with a unicorn. :p

this version is currently based on build 25, which is one behind current. once ive setup my github / repo i will update to build 26.

FROM A PREVIOUS ICS BUILD / EXT4 COMPATIBLE ROM ::
(the menus in CWM recovery may be different to the ones listed below)

• go to install -> choose from either internal / external sd card -> navigate and select the zip file
  • go to wipe menu
  • select both "wipe data / factory reset" and "wipe dalvik cache"
  • reboot

** NOTE ** there has been a bug in the latest CWM recovery included in HumberOS's kernel that may cause a bootloop when you try to reboot from the recovery menu. if this happens, in CWM recovery select "reboot to download mode" and turn the tab off / on to reboot.

FROM STOCK / RFS ROM ::

follow Team Overcomes excellent installation guide --> HERE until step 10 and then follow the above instructions.

** NOTE ** the edify script in this rom includes an EXT4 converter, it may work from any rom with a working recovery, but i personally have never tested it.

** NOTE ** at the moment, i have only included a download for the standard P1000, since this is SGT7 Te4m ICS/CM9 based, and uses HumberOS's excellent kernels, this SHOULD work on the P1000L and P1000N variants with the right kernel (i personally cant test it with those kernels). I HAVE NOT INCLUDED THESE KERNELS YET, but i definately will include CWM recovery flashable kernels for these devices the future.

the rom uses a zImage kernel, so unlike current builds of CM9, you do not need to flash a kernel separately (if you are installing on a GT-P1000).

BUILD 25 ::

ROM (P1000) - [ :: DOWNLOAD :: ]

SOURCE ::

source will be available when i setup the github / repo. check this space!

first and foremost, without the use of SGT7 ICS Te4m's device, vendor and kernel this project would never have worked. their excellent work has gotten all of us ICS on the galaxy tab, and personally i am forever grateful for their work.

also without TeamKang, the people behind AOKP, this release would never have been possible. they have put in a massive amount of work to get this working for a lot of devices.

angel_666
cdesai
humberos
jt1134
koxudaxi
red_rebel
sbrady
Techomancer

Roman
Whitehawkx
ProTekk
Zaphod-Beeble
Sethyx

also i cant forget:

CyanogenMod - one of the greatest custom rom teams ever. first rom i ever flashed on my first android phone, and the pioneers in multi handset / tablet development. without them ICS wouldn't have spread so far, and so quickly.

Shall flash this when I get wifi again

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
brilliant, thank you

Firstly, THANK YOU - I am so happy to finally have this for the SGT 7.

I will download and test and report back.

Is 3G working on your port build 25 ?
The reason I ask, Romanbb has build 25 and 26 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1. ( GT-7500 )
3g worked fine on the 10.1 for build 23.

It seems something in build 24, 25 and 26 messes with 3g

I have a Gtab 7 ( wife ) Galaxy S and Galaxy 10.1 ( me ) and AOKP build 25 and newer all seems to have issues with 3g in one way or another....
see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459287

Perhaps you can help many others fix 3g on AOKP 25 and newer builds ????
You will be many AOKP-GSM peoples heros for sure

supagforce

Jun 29, 2008
FROM A PREVIOUS ICS BUILD / EXT4 COMPATIBLE ROM ::
(the menus in CWM recovery may be different to the ones listed below)

• go to wipe menu
  • select both "wipe data / factory reset" and "wipe dalvik cache"
  • reboot

** NOTE ** there has been a bug in the latest CWM recovery included in HumberOS's kernel that may cause a bootloop when you try to reboot from the recovery menu. if this happens, in CWM recovery select "reboot to download mode" and turn the tab off / on to reboot.

FROM STOCK / RFS ROM ::

follow Team Overcomes excellent installation guide --> HERE until step 10 and then follow the above instructions.

** NOTE ** the edify script in this rom includes an EXT4 converter, it may work from any rom with a working recovery, but i personally have never tested it.

Just to let you know I tried installing this FROM STOCK / RFS ROM on a p1000 using the Overcome method (flashing "GB-Stock-Safe-v5" & "Overcome_Kernel_v4.0.0.tar") and got the boot loop. I opened CWM recovery select "reboot to download mode" and turn the tab off / on to reboot and still had the bootloop. The only way i could get it to work was by using slimdizzy's kernel "slim_kernel_02152012.zip"

Will you be able to fix it or provide us (p1000 users) with an up to date kernel that we can flash via CWM.

Thankyou for the great work.

EDIT: installing FROM A PREVIOUS ICS BUILD seems to work. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: rebelde_

lexi1986

Sep 30, 2007
Zeist
Just to let you know I tried installing this FROM STOCK / RFS ROM on a p1000 using the Overcome method (flashing "GB-Stock-Safe-v5" & "Overcome_Kernel_v4.0.0.tar") and got the boot loop. I opened CWM recovery select "reboot to download mode" and turn the tab off / on to reboot and still had the bootloop. The only way i could get it to work was by using slimdizzy's kernel "slim_kernel_02152012.zip"

Will you be able to fix it or provide us (p1000 users) with an up to date kernel that we can flash via CWM.

Thankyou for the great work.

I installed this rom and did a reboot to download mode. It's starting fine here. Going to test the rom now.

Firstly, THANK YOU - I am so happy to finally have this for the SGT 7.

I will download and test and report back.

Is 3G working on your port build 25 ?
The reason I ask, Romanbb has build 25 and 26 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1. ( GT-7500 )
3g worked fine on the 10.1 for build 23.

It seems something in build 24, 25 and 26 messes with 3g

I have a Gtab 7 ( wife ) Galaxy S and Galaxy 10.1 ( me ) and AOKP build 25 and newer all seems to have issues with 3g in one way or another....
see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459287

Perhaps you can help many others fix 3g on AOKP 25 and newer builds ????
You will be many AOKP-GSM peoples heros for sure

3G is working fine here :)

Can't get Wifi to work with your build. If i use kernel from humberos http://www.spike1985.de/Storage/Android/SGT/CM9/Kernels/P1000-130212.zip Wifi will work. Great rom looks great.

Last edited:

hambalos

Dec 19, 2011
kuwait
thank's man.downloading now.i will give some feedback after intalling.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP SGT7​

Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
    for Samsung Galaxy Tab (GSM/CDMA)

aokp-sgt7_logo-lge.png

<< AOKP SGT7 website >>

:: : [ FACEBOOK ] :: [ TWITTER ] :: [ GOOGLE+ ] :: [ XDA ] :: [ GITHUB ] :: [ GOO.IM ] : ::

[ :: DISCLAIMER :: ]

this rom is based on the SGT7 ICS Te4m's device and vendor files, therefore anything not working in the CM9 build, won't work on this (and some things that do may not even work).

*** WARNING!!! ***

IF YOU ARE INSTALLING MILESTONE #5 OR ABOVE AND ARE COMING FROM AN MTD BASED ROM (TE4M CM9'S LATEST RELEASES) A FULL RE-PARTITION & RESTOCK WILL BE NEEDED TO MAKE THIS OR ANY OTHER NON-MTD ROM FUNCTION PROPERLY. YOU CAN BRICK YOUR TABLET BY MESSING WITH NON MTD ROMS ON A MTD FLASHED DEVICE

*** PLEASE READ THIS EXTRA WARNING ***

this rom is not official, it means that you wont find it on AOKP's download pages, you wont find it on their github, and you wont get any help asking them about this build. it is not supported by TeamKang (creators of AOKP), and may never be. do not attempt to download any of the roms on their website / forums and flash them on to a GSM GalaxyTab. downloading roms built for other devices will cause you great heartache and either turn your tablet into an expensive brick, or you will have to restock / reflash your tablet.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

[ :: INTRODUCTION :: ]

after seeing that there was an official build of AOKP for the Verizon Tab, i decided to see if i could get it working on the GSM Galaxy Tab. Using the SGT7 TE4M's device/vendor and kernel for CM9 and AOKP source, i kept fiddling until it worked and have since kept adding extra features that are either specific to the SGT7, or things that compliment the SGT7; the result is this rom.

the build is named "AOKP SGT7" for 3 reasons:

1. SGT7 stands for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
    2. the SGT7 TE4M is one of the main reasons this rom exists, so it pays homage to their excellent work.
    3. most of the SGT7 TE4M's builds "extra" features (from their unofficial CM9 builds) are included in this release

this would not have been possible without the hard work by the SGT7 TE4M, and by TeamKang, i just changed a few things around to get it working and added features that the SGT7 TE4M have added to their CM9 builds along the way.

the main feature of AOKP is the Rom Control menu in settings, it allows you to tweak a lot of things to suit your needs, currently some dont work like they should on a tablet, but im sure they will be fixed in the future.

for more details on AOKP itself please stop by their RootzWiki thread (slightly outdated, but gives you a fair idea on what to look forward to) :: What is AOKP?! (and Features list)

AOKP SGT7 features ::

• MTD based rom
    • device / vendor / kernel from the SGT7 TE4M's awesome work
    • most SGT7 TE4M "additions" added to ROMControl under "Tablet Tweaks" menu (see below for list of added features)
    • Trebuchet (sbradymobile edition) and Apex Launcher included
    • DSPManager included for tweaking of sound levels
    • Apollo (sbradymobile edition) included in place of standard Google Music.apk
    • fixes for SGT7 related problems included throughout code (Phone / Camera / Navbar buttons / etc...)
    • and much more. ;)

SGT7 TE4M additions included in AOKP SGT7 (mostly found in ROMControl -> Tablet Tweaks) ::

• LiveOC control (disabled due to instability at the moment)
    • GPU overclock control
    • Wifi Power Management
    • Disable (enable) capacitive buttons
    • Control capacitive button light timeout
    • Mirrored statusbar
    • Hide statusbar on fullscreen apps (i.e. in "shadowed" mode)
    • Peek notifications (touch notification icon to preview notification)
    • JPEG screenshots

[ :: INSTALLATION :: ]

*** FOR INSTALLATION OF BUILD #34 AND ABOVE (MTD) ***

first but foremost, if you are new to MTD, or just need to brush up on the information, then read --> THIS

IF YOU ARE ON A PREVIOUS BUILD OF AOKP (BELOW MILESTONE #5), OR ON A NON-MTD BASED ROM YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:

you need to restock and install a custom kernel with CWM 5+ before attempting to install the MTD based rom. restocking and installing Overcome (or at the very least the Overcome Kernel) on the P1000 is necessary to ensure that there are no problems with the conversion to MTD (restock ensures a clean system and partitions, flashing overcome's kernel gives us an updated CWM recovery which is needed to flash an MTD rom), and the last thing anyone wants is for their tab to fail and become bricked. read the link above to further explain MTD; what it is and what its benefits are. for the end user its not a big noticable change, but the possibilities it opens make it very worthwhile.

FOLLOW THE RESTOCKING STEPS FOR YOUR DEVICE, THEN FOLLOW THE "FOR ALL VARIANTS" STEPS BELOW

FOR P1000 (GSM) ONLY ::

follow Team Overcomes excellent installation guide --> HERE all the way, then follow the below instructions:

FOR P1000L (GSM) ONLY ::

FOR P1000N (GSM) ONLY ::

FOR SCH-I800 / SPH-P100 (CDMA) ONLY ::

here is a good tutorial for going from stock to CM9 on the CDMA variants:

[HOLY CRAP][SPRINT P100] Stock to ICS - Complete Walkthrough

you don't need to install build 7 at the end of the above guide, but once you have done installing build #5, follow the guide below to get to AOKP SGT7.

*** NOTE *** build #40 / #38 has a problematic kernel (it causes the ENCRYPTION UNSUCCESSFUL message even though its not encrypted), until i release an updated kernel for CDMA variants - i suggest you download the stable p1c release of CM9 and extract the kernel out of the zip and flash it using Heimdall.

FOR ALL VARIANTS (OR FOR UPGRADING FROM MTD BASED ROMS) ::

• go to wipe menu
    • select both "wipe data / factory reset" and "wipe dalvik cache" ** MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM **
    • after a few seconds, the tablet will reboot and go into a bootloop (you will see a CWM recovery screen flash up). hold down the vol up key and it should go back to recovery.
    • again, go to install -> choose from either internal / external sd card -> navigate and select the zip file for the rom
    • do the same as above for gapps (google apps)
    • reboot

*** WARNING ***

IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER YOU MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR TABLET!​

i will not be held responsible for any damage you cause by not doing as you have been told. this is your only warning. any complaints about something going wrong because you haven't followed these to the letter WILL BE IGNORED.

if you are already on an MTD based rom, follow the instructions i gave under the FOR ALL VARIANTS section (you do not need to restock everytime you install a new MTD based rom), and you should be fine (it wont reboot/bootloop the first time you flash if you are already on MTD), you may not even need to wipe data / dalvik cache if its from a previous MTD build of AOKP, but if you are having problems, it is the first thing you should do.

BUILDS :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-sgt7-builds/viewcategory/4-builds

KERNELS :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-sgt7-kernels/viewcategory/5-kernels

GAPPS (29/04/2012) - [ :: DOWNLOAD :: ]

gapps links are hosted on goo-inside.me, check out http://goo.im/gapps/ for latest gapps package (download the CyanogenMod 9.x version)

THE LATEST VERSION OF GAPPS DOES NOT COME WITH GMAIL, THEY HAVE REMOVED IT DUE TO IT BEING AVAILABLE ON THE PLAY STORE / MARKET. INSTALL IT FROM THERE!

SOURCE :: http://github.com/stimpz0r

angel_666
    cdesai
    humberos
    jt1134
    koxudaxi
    red_rebel
    sbrady
    Techomancer

special thanks goes out to HumberOS for helping this build work even smoother by building, compiling and releasing kernels for us. he is the SGT7 kernel wizard! :D

Roman
    Whitehawkx
    ProTekk
    Zaphod-Beeble
    Sethyx

also i cant forget:

dizgustipated - even though SGT7 CM9 TE4M pushed me to my first sync/build, it was his AOSEP project that got me fiddling and fixing. he was also part of the reason why CM9/ICS is where it is at today. (sorry i forgot you!)

lexi1986 - attempting to provide hosting for the roms, thanks for the support when you gave it, and sorry this got so popular that it ended up hurting your hosting! :)

... and to all the people who use this and provide me feedback, thanks to you too! :)
    [ :: SCREENSHOTS / VIDEOS :: ]

here is a few screenshots of AOKP in action on my tablet.

Screenshot_2012-02-28-17-13-12.jpgScreenshot_2012-02-28-17-14-21.jpgScreenshot_2012-02-28-17-14-49.jpg

heres some youtube videos of the rom in action (build #29) courtesy of laxanoulis1:

[ :: BUGS / KNOWN ISSUES :: ]

of course, being a beta there is bugs. first and foremost, i will say it again, this build of AOKP is based on the SGT7 ICS Te4m's device, vendor and kernels, therefore: ANYTHING THAT DOESNT WORK ON ICS CM9 WILL NOT WORK ON THIS BUILD EITHER! i will leave it up to you to find out what hardware does / doesnt work.

during my testing of AOKP features i have noticed the following bugs:

• nothing to list here at this time...

and some more device/rom based bugs:

• some people are experiencing rotation issues (if you hold down on an icon on the homescreen it will rotate 90 degrees instead of allowing you to move it), go to ( ROMControl -> General UI -> allow 180 degree rotation ) and it should fix it.
    • camera is still touchy, will crash randomly

this as i said is a beta, and each person that flashes this is in a way a tester. :)

so you think you have found a bug in AOKP SGT7? - thats great! (well, not really but at least its a step closer to it being potentially fixed!) :p

here is what you do:

yes, thats all... well its not - read it, follow it, and remember one thing:

BUGS / FEATURE REQUESTS POSTED IN THIS TOPIC WILL BE IGNORED AND POSSIBLY REPORTED TO MODERATORS - KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN - THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE A BUG TRACKER NOW!!!​

you have been warned.

AOKP SGT7 :: changelog
    [ :: THEMES / USER CONTRIBUTIONS :: ]

want to see your name up in lights (well at least included in here!), then feel free to contribute something!

i dont ask for donations for this rom or my work, but if you feel you want to contribute something, then get creative. i get joy from giving back to the community (thats all i need / ask for from my work on this rom), and so could you!

one of the first things that grabbed with with android was the customizability. i previously owned nokias before i got my first android phone (LG Optimus Swift GT540), and when i started on android i was blown away by the length you could go to customize your phone / tablet the way you want it. this was also the thing that pushed me to port AOKP over to our wonderful tablets. im looking for people who wish to help make AOKP on our Galaxy Tab an even better experience. post in this forum, or private message me with anything you wish to contribute, and if it passes it will appear in this section (with full credit to YOU).

one of the main things i am hoping for are themes. even though we don't have something as easy and powerful as CM7's theme chooser, or MIUI's theme engine, it would still be good to give the users the choice to change their tablets looks further. until TeamKang get a theme system going for AOKP, i will attempt to build a porting script that will port the themes to all newer builds (at least on the AOKP side of things).

contributing doesnt have to stop at themes though, if you think you have anything you can offer to contribute towards making this better for everyone, then feel free to speak up and give us (or me personally) your idea.

help out the community and contribute! :)

[ :: CONTRIBUTIONS TO AOKP :: ]

first and foremost, id like to thank everyone who helps out by answering posts in this thread and helps out their fellow users of AOKP. not only do you make my job easier but you are doing your part to contribute, and i thank you for that!

the following people deserve a special mention for continually helping out the newer crowd:

HELPERS ::

>> yosup :: constantly not only helping out the less knowledgeable users, but keeping everyone (including me!) up to date on the latest releases by TeamKang

>> qm4n76 :: always lending a hand to help out people not only in here, but in the other ICS / SGT7 related forums (which is probably why he is a BOCA contributor!)

>> priyana :: not only helps out wherever possible, but more recently gave me the idea of implementing a modem switcher for t-mobile users after pointing me to the direction of rotohammers work (which i have yet to do, sorry!)

>> salahmed :: besides the kind words on the rom and my work, and helping out wherever possible, has also created a modified ICS bootanimation for people who are sick of the unicorn (see below)

THEMES / GRAPHICS ::

>> salahmed :: has created a modified version of the ICS bootanimation (the Galaxy Nexus boot animation that came with the original AOSP alpha versions) with some AOKP flavour:

>> yappoe :: has created another boot animation for users who are tired of the standard flavours.

hey everyone!

sorry about the delay with build #38, it is on the way though. switched to HumberOS's most excellent new kernel, just porting over the new features to ROMControl and then doing a build, if all goes well, and it works fine, i should have it up in a day or so.

i dont know if there will be any other extra features this time around besides that, but we will see... ;)

sorry i haven't been around as of late either, my other half is pregnant with our 3rd, and getting very close to the end, so ive been preparing for my little ones arrival. :D
    Milestone #5 - out in a store near you!

yes, like i said, milestone #5 is a definate. and here it is!

radio / partition sizes have been updated by the CM9 TE4M, so heed the following warning (its right above the link for downloading this release as well):

*** NOTE *** MILESTONE #5 HAS CHANGES TO MTD PARTITION TABLE, BECAUSE OF THIS ALL USERS WILL HAVE TO RESTOCK! (FOLLOW THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE ASSUMING YOU ARE COMING FROM A NON-MTD ROM) THIS SHOULD BE THE LAST TIME YOU NEED TO RESTOCK (PEOPLE WHO HAVE 27/04/2012 BUILD OF CM9 INSTALLED DO NOT NEED TO RESTOCK)

there it is, two warnings in big red letters. anyone who gets this wrong should just start at the restocking step, and leave their tab at that. :p

* fixed the disable capacitive buttons code, now it will re-disable the capacitive buttons after rebooting.
    * camera code is updated, try it out people that were having issues and give me some feedback ;)
    * UMS / rebooting issue / tvout / p1parts / etc, still not fixed, so dont ask about them. :p

ENJOY! :D