[ROM STOCK GSM][ICS][JB]Mentor's Rom(lang: + ar da de fi fr it iw nl pl ru zh + ...)

Search This thread

Janaboy

Apr 10, 2008
Hello!

Can be possible put into the rom hungarian language?

Thanks!
Janaboy

Last edited:

NicoDJ

Feb 26, 2009
Hi,

You promise 'Improved quality of GSM signal', which was the reason I installed your rom.
Sadly I don't see any improvement in the (bad) gsm/umts reception.

Can you tell me what you meant by your statement? What did you fix?

Thanks

Netherlands - KPN - Droid 4 - JB

NicoDJ

Feb 26, 2009
Did you do a factory reset?
I edited all settings about CDMA to GSM not only in build.prop. For me the quality of GSM signal is better.

I did not do a factory reset.
I suppose doing so means that I will have to install everything all over again?

What do you mean by 'quality of GSM signal is better', do you get more bars in the reception indicator?

the-unknown

Aug 15, 2012
Bad Bentheim
If i install it via safestrap and go back to stock, there isnt a german language. if i look to the status window in ss, i think there is a mistake.

I attached the log

Sent from my XT894 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• recovery.log.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Rom is an update for Stock Rom for all GSM non Verizon users with more new locales and relative languages.
    The Rom is available for ICS and for JB. The Rom is odexed.

The Mentor's Rom updates the Droid 4 Stock Rom optimizing the GSM, removing all the settings of the Global Network (cdma and lte) unnecessary for the use of this terminal outsite the US, fully enabling functionality blocked by Verizon, removing all unnecessary Verizon components and installing the support for a lot of languages ​​and localizations.

The rom is an update for the official rom and must be installed with Safestrap on the stock rom.

Surely the best gsm rom for Motorola Droid 4 xt894.

Available Versions:
    - ICS
    - JB

Changelog:
    - GSMUMTS Rom
    - Languages ​​and locales: ar da de el en_GB en_US es es_US fi fr_FR fr_CA it iw nb nl pl pt pt_PT ru sv tr zh-rCN zh-rTW
    - Free space on /system: approximately 200 MB
    - Free RAM at clean system: approximately 450 MB
    - Increased battery life: up to three days at clean system
    - Improved quality of GSM signal
    - Debloated
    - Unlocked the hidden menu Testing for managing the baseband accessible by dialing the code * # * # 4636 # * # *

- Optimized and improved GSM UMTS support
    - Removed all Verizon and preinstalled app [63 on ICS | 60 on JB]
    - Removed all Verizon libraries [19 on ICS | 19 on JB]
    - Removed all Verizon services [16 on ICS | 23 on JB]
    - Removed Verizon locked bookmarks
    - Removed Backup Assistant Plus for non Verizon users
    - Removed Spyware Motorola bugtogo.sh
    - Removed Global Network popup
    - Added all localizations
    - Completely translated MOTOBLUR interface for new locales
    - Translated all application for new locales
    - Added all languages for new locales
    - Added all APN for new locales
    - Addedd all voices for TTS for new locales
    - Added all languages for external keyboard for new locales
    - Enabled Call Forwarding outside Verizon network
    - Enabled USSD codes
    - Added the Fast Dormancy [JB only from version 01/01/2015]
    - Enabled send/receive MMS for non Verizon users
    - Enabled HotSpot in GSM for non Verizon users
    - Enabled aGPS for non Verizon users
    - Enabled led in charging
    - Added Wizard Setup working for non Verizon users
    - Added percentace on battery
    - Enabled OBEX bluetooth profile
    - Enabled SIM sync
    - Enabled SIM Toolkit
    - Added all languages for Swype keyboard for new locales [JB only]

What's working:
    - Everything, including:
    - - HDMI
    - - Webtop
    - - Lapdock

How to install:
    - Install Safestrap 3.75
    - Copy the Mentor's Rom.zip file to the external memory or memory card
    - Reboot your phone and enter on your recovery
    - From the Install menu select the Mentor's Rom.zip file and instal withotut signature verification on Stock Rom

Risk of briking:
    no one: during installation the installer checks everything is ok and stop installation in case of problem

Advice post-installation:
    - ATTENTION: the version for JB automatically performs a factory reset at first install
    - After installing the ROM to optimize the GSM go into the hidden menu Testing typing the code *#*#4636#*#* and you have to make sure that the rom has set and otherwise you have to set: Phone info -> Set prefered network type -> GSM auto (PRL)
    - After installing the Rom you can uninstall Safestrap and have a full working stock rom for GSM/UMTS in your locale. To remove SafeStrap you have to reinstall the app, then you have to uninstall the recovery and finally you can remove SafeStrap

Mentor's Rom Download

JB Stock Rom Purifier Download -> Patch to remove every Gapps

HOW TO POST REQUEST FOR HELP:
    • You have to entirely read this thread, I do NOT answer redundant question.

I do not answer to requests for help in private, I have neither the time nor the interest in doing so.
    Any doubts, questions or requests must be posted in this thread in order to answer a single time and help everyone.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Mentor's Rom, ROM for the Motorola Droid 4

Contributors
    Mentor.37
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Firmware Required: 9.8.2O-72_VZW-18-8

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-14

Created 2014-12-04
    Last Updated 2016-04-03
    There is a new update dated 23/01/2015.
    Hey Mentor, just noticed your interesting Rom which I would like to try. There is one thing I couldn't figure out: I don't like preinstalled Google Apps (so the whole package containing Play Store, gMaps, gMail and what ever no one knows). At the moment I'm running Cyanogen because it comes without Gapps (using F-Droid instead) but there is a problem with the HDMI-output and I would like to use the Lapdock 100 with the Droid4.

So my question: Is there a Mentor's Rom without preinstalled Gapps?
    You can use this patch that will remove every Gapps except the Play Store.
    you need to leave safestrap

This isn't correct.
    This rom uses the stock kernel so it doesn't needs safestrap to boot, safestrap only is needed to boot roms that use a kexec-ed kernel.

After installing the rom and I have to uninstall safestrap unroot, or I can leave it without problems.

If you want you can unroot the phone and uninstall safestrap but you can leave them without problems. This only is a your choice.
    I'm not creating any spam list, I'm using the email addresses only to notifying the new updates and to avoid the band of my site to be consumed quickly.

I'm working on the Motorola Droid 4 from more than an year and I made for it:
    - this rom
    - the gsm patch
    - the bmm patch
    - the minimal gapps

I started to working on it for me because I'm using this phone on GSM and I made available ​​my work to everyone.
    Without me and my work you could not use your phone on GSM as you are doing and I should be banned from xda?

As far as I'm concerned should be banned users that use xda only to download other people's work without thanks or comment.