[Q&A] Tasker Profile and Tasks Requests

Search This thread

dEris

Nov 6, 2009
Dallas Texas
google.com
Hi. I've been a user of the popular Tasker app for over a year or more. I have basic profiles and tasks for simple things I need automated but lack the expertise.

I've looked at many websites including the ones provided for Tasker but never could really find what I'm looking for.. as far as profiles and tasks I need help creating.

So this thread is dedicated to people like me who can request what they want and have our community help creating the profiles and tasks that we simply do not know how to create or need help on.

With that said...

I need to create a profile that will text my girlfriend once I arrive at her work to pick her up stating that I have arrived. But only if it's after 3:45PM.

I have created a profile that does this but it's unreliable because it doesn't know I'm in the radius of what I set unless I use an app that triggers net GPS. Other wise it could take several minutes for it to pick up my location.

What I have:
GPS location profile >> Send SMS if %time>15.45

But like I said, it doesn't work most of the time.

I want to reverse it to:
Between hours 15.34 and 16.30 to check if I'm in the area, then text her. But I can't figure it out.

HELP!

Jelly Bean 4.2.1 (JellyB-TSM) / Apex Pro / BreezeHD theme

qE0S4.png

dEris

Nov 6, 2009
Dallas Texas
google.com
I have such a profile which works flawlessly.

Profile context:
Location + timeframe (from 1600 - 1700)
task: Send sms

for location I just use NET with a radius of 400 meters.

That's basically what I have but tasker doesn't know I'm in area unless GPS is triggered. Here is what I have: see attachment

I want:
Profile: Between 15.45 and 16.30
Task: Check to see if I'm in area, if so... Send SMS.

uploadfromtaptalk1360290787291.jpg

JellyB-TSM v16 / Apex Pro

qE0S4.png

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
How do you prevent it from sending multiple SMSs? I guess you could set a variable.

You might have to experiment with what way to trigger the location setting, i.e., GPS, WiFi, or cell location.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

jabberwock

That's basically what I have but tasker doesn't know I'm in area unless GPS is triggered. Here is what I have: see attachment

I want:
Profile: Between 15.45 and 16.30
Task: Check to see if I'm in area, if so... Send SMS.

View attachment 1712516

JellyB-TSM v16 / Apex Pro

qE0S4.png

Make sure you set the location when you're actually there. For me location works fine..based on cell towers.

Sent from my HTC One X

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

How do you prevent it from sending multiple SMSs? I guess you could set a variable.

You might have to experiment with what way to trigger the location setting, i.e., GPS, WiFi, or cell location.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

It does not sent multiple sms. When location is entered the corresponding profile will start it's task. The task only runs once... So one SMS...

Sent from my HTC One X

a7medabdou

Feb 27, 2014
can you guys help me with a tsak for tasker?!

Hi everyone and thank you in advance for your help
now i have tasker
And I wanna make a task and I need help here
i have an app called number scanner
And I use it to scan numbers and then call them
Now I wanna make a task
That
1- take the scanned number
2-add *505* the scanned number #
3-automatically call it after I scan the number with the app
I tried to make it, but there are two problems
1- the task automatically launches at the same time with the app
2-when it launches it, just call *505* and never use the number I scanned
So guys I need your help
And thank you

rm83855

Sep 22, 2013
Disabling Third Party Lockscreens

I'm trying to disable "Cm Locker" when on Home Wifi.

I'm actually quite good with tasker and have got this partially working.

I have set it so when Wifi is on to kill CM Locker. I have used the settings within Tasker (checking the "root" option)

This didn't really work until i added in another "Display on" context.

I would say it works 80% of the time. Occassionally the locker pops up when i turn the screen on but then goes away. Occassionally the Lockscreen will fully reactivate itself while still on my Homw Network.

Is there a better method of doing this? Do apps such as CM Locker utilise some parts of the system lock or something?

g3o_s2k

Apr 12, 2016
Hi everybody! I need your help if possible.

I have an ASUS Nexus 7 (2nd Gen), and i want to make the following task...

When i plug it in to power (car charger) to turn the screen on (and stay always on) and when i remove the cable to turn the screen off.

Is that possible? :rolleyes:

Thanx in advance!!! :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The official Tasker Google group has loads of people who are experts in Tasker profiles. I'm not saying this thread shouldn't be here, but you might get better answers there.