[APP][4.0+] Condi (previously Mini Tasker)

Search This thread

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
They both worked in terminal, but it gave a warning multiple times (see below)

"WARNING: linker: app_process has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I don't know then, was it adb shell or an actual app?

I'm basically running the exact same commands here, it should work the same.

If you have titanium backup, try converting condi to a system app, then it should be able to toggle air plane mode without root.

Sgace

Jul 9, 2011
I don't know then, was it adb shell or an actual app?

I'm basically running the exact same commands here, it should work the same.

If you have titanium backup, try converting condi to a system app, then it should be able to toggle air plane mode without root.

It was in a terminal app.

Converted to system app and stil a nogo with airplane mode.:(

Edit: also tried as a priv app in kk it didn't work too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

nupi

Dec 11, 2010
Liking what I see so far, but I can't seem to manage pulling off the following:

Turn off VPN when in the home WLAN
Turn on VPN as soon as home WLAN disappears

I am using the Connect to VPN app from Private Internet Access but I am quite flexible in switching VPN apps if that helps.Is there any way to launch intents rather than just apps?

krypton22

May 1, 2008
Having some issues getting the location based actions trigger properly. Currently I only have one condition set up - Turn on wi-fi when at home and Turn off wi-fi when I'm out and so far it worked well only in 1 in about 10 tries. Not sure what could be the problem.
(Galaxy S Advance, mobile data always on)

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
Having some issues getting the location based actions trigger properly. Currently I only have one condition set up - Turn on wi-fi when at home and Turn off wi-fi when I'm out and so far it worked well only in 1 in about 10 tries. Not sure what could be the problem.
(Galaxy S Advance, mobile data always on)

my guess would be - your cell provider is not accurate enough so google play services don't trigger the condition.
try running google maps when you're at home - if after running you see condi trigger - then it's an accuracy issue.
i know it's tempting to turn off wifi, but the location detection is so much better with it on.
it's also not a good idea to burn GPS time just to figure out when to turn on wifi, cause wifi uses way less power.

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
v0.3.1

hey, 0.3.1 released.
this is a hotfix for 0.3.0, no new stuff yet.
airplane mode should work now, at least in most cases.
restoring last state should be more reliable now.
this is a staged rollout, so you might not get it immediately.

Reactions: l3s

krypton22

May 1, 2008
my guess would be - your cell provider is not accurate enough so google play services don't trigger the condition.
try running google maps when you're at home - if after running you see condi trigger - then it's an accuracy issue.
i know it's tempting to turn off wifi, but the location detection is so much better with it on.
it's also not a good idea to burn GPS time just to figure out when to turn on wifi, cause wifi uses way less power.

It's kinda weird, running google maps did not help at all. Although the action itself is as simple as you can get, it seems the location based trigger doesn't work, even though everything else seems to be working just fine.

Reactions: phntm

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
It's kinda weird, running google maps did not help at all. Although the action itself is as simple as you can get, it seems the location based trigger doesn't work, even though everything else seems to be working just fine.

If it doesn't run after maps gets a fix - Google play services is broken. Try clearing it's data.
Also make sure the coordinate is correct on the condition and maybe increase the radius.

krypton22

May 1, 2008
If it doesn't run after maps gets a fix - Google play services is broken. Try clearing it's data.
Also make sure the coordinate is correct on the condition and maybe increase the radius.

Clearing the data did not help but re-installing Condi did. You were right about the mobile data signal being inaccurate, which leaves me with an option of increasing the radius. Call me stupid but how do I do that?

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
Clearing the data did not help but re-installing Condi did. You were right about the mobile data signal being inaccurate, which leaves me with an option of increasing the radius. Call me stupid but how do I do that?

you zoom out and click again.

it was more intuitive before there was a minimal limit, now you might have to zoom out quite a lot before you see the radius change.

if you come across this bug again file a bug report.

Reactions: krypton22

exorz

Nov 26, 2008
Very nice app. Clean and simple. I'm looking for the option of changing network type when wifi is enabled rather than mobile data since turning off mobile data kills MMS. I was wondering if this option was something being considered or if maybe I'm just not finding it. Thank you for your work.

Last edited:

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
Very nice app. Clean and simple. I'm looking for the option of changing network type when wifi is enabled rather than mobile data since turning off mobile data kills MMS. I was wondering if this option was something being considered or if maybe I'm just not finding it. Thank you for your work.

We're still having trouble with some phone variants, the api doesn't seem to work like other settings.
I'll try to find some time to work on this soon.

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
v0.3.2 release

This release mainly addresses the restore action issues.
We're now tracking which tasks add restore values and make sure they clean the stack out.
The conflict behavior is now like in the older versions - only the last task actually restores and only the first value is saved.
We've added a fun feature, NFC links. Basically you can get a url link to run tasks. You can burn it into an NFC card and trigger tasks like that.
Georg Witoszynskyj really done an outstanding job translating to German. Make sure you thank him.
Beta testers please report bugs before we roll out to everyone.
There might be issues with shared links, flags dismission, maim screen in general.
Thanks all!

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Still no luck with airplane mode switching by location. Have tried on, off, and toggling. All I need is airplane on at home, airplane off everywhere else. Nothing seems to turn it off or on. Nexus 5, Purity ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
Still no luck with airplane mode switching by location. Have tried on, off, and toggling. All I need is airplane on at home, airplane off everywhere else. Nothing seems to turn it off or on. Nexus 5, Purity ROM.

please try out these commands
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48694427&postcount=119
and tell me if they work or not.

Can I change the keyboard by app with Condi?
no, didn't even try yet, i'll put it in the wishlist.

Reactions: Rosa Elefant

phntm

Oct 7, 2010

just re-read previous posts, your problem is the condition.

the problem right now is google play services uses wifi and 3g for detection and you need gps.

i'm adding an action to toggle the gps for a couple of seconds in intervals. then you could add a time condition or something like that to not poll all night for nothing. i'll let you know when the beta is up.

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
just re-read previous posts, your problem is the condition.

the problem right now is google play services uses wifi and 3g for detection and you need gps.

i'm adding an action to toggle the gps for a couple of seconds in intervals. then you could add a time condition or something like that to not poll all night for nothing. i'll let you know when the beta is up.

I have also tried it with GPS on (location set to high accuracy) with no luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official thread for the Condi app. Please post your feedback here and I'll do my best to reply.

Condi (was previously listed as Mini Tasker but pent asked us to change the name) is an automation tool for Android 4.0 or higher. It's completely free. It's our first attempt at android programming for a university project we just submitted.

There are many other automation tools, many of them had time to mature, most of them have better support for older devices and some are just irreplaceable, but, having said that, most of them are really hard to operate. If you tried it you know what i'm talking about.

With Condi you can setup most action+condition pair in 6 clicks or less. You don't have to pick names, write down descriptions, you don't need to approximate the radius of your house, set up variables, put up web sites, join a social network and all these other weird requirements other apps force you to do. You get a simplistic experience, the kind you can share with the less technical friends.

Talk about sharing, did you know you can share any set of tasks just by selecting them on the main screen, and clicking share from the menu? Your friend can open the generated link with his Condi app and import the tasks instantly.

We got some amazing reviews from people, and we're gonna work real hard to live up to the expectations. We had to take a short break after 0.2.13 but we're back in business. If you don't mind a lot of consecutive upgrades, and care to send us vital feedback before we push out to the thousands of users we have - please join our beta channel: (subscribe to this group) https://groups.google.com/d/forum/minitasker

You can download the app from the Play Store here.

There's a cool video demo here (thanks Dan Graziano): http://cnet.co/1eXYCqx

Thanks,
    Anton Wolkov and Michal Romano
    FAQ

Location Based Condition misconceptions
    * It does not drain battery - google probes your location regardless of our app so it adds almost no extra drain or overhead.
    * It doesn't turn on GPS - but will use it if it's on by another app.
    * It doesn't have good accuracy, if you turn off wifi and mobile data it will suck.
    * We use Google Play Services' fused location provider with low power sensors preference.
    * The condition doesn't start unless the phone is sure you are completely inside the blue circle.
    * Choose a bigger radius by pinch-to-zoom-out on the map and click again.

Mixing Conditions
    * A task with multiple conditions starts when all are true
    * A task ends when a single condition is no longer true
    * If you want "OR" relationship between conditions, you need to have 2 tasks. Just use the duplicate button.
    * To avoid confusion, starting 0.3.0 you can see and remove the "end" task.
    * If multiple actions of the same kind overlap, the automatic end-action is only executed for the last one. If you set your phone to silence at 16:00-18:00 and to max volume when you plug in headphones (2 separate tasks), if you plug in at 16:30 - you're volume will be set to max, but if you unplug at 17:30 the volume will be restored only at 18:00. You can set time to be a "start-only" event, i.e. to add 2 tasks with 2 "start-only" times, this way you won't get an overlap. I am open to suggestions on how to improve this.

Feature Requests
    * 3g-4g-2g toggle action (scheduled for 0.3.5)
    * Screen lock toggle (scheduled for 0.4.0)
    * Hotspot toggle (done)
    * WiFi near (scheduled for 0.3.5)
    * Bluetooth connected (scheduled for 0.3.5)

Price / Privacy / Tracking
    * Is it free? Yes.
    * Do you have ads? No.
    * Do you track users? No.
    * Why is it free? It's a university project, we got an academic grade for this. If you want to say thanks you can put a 5 star review.
    * What's the statistics thing on the settings window? We store our own process wake ups but this is only sent if you turn the settings option on.
    * Can I have the source code? It will be uploaded to a git repo soon.
    * Will there be a premium version? We're gonna keep the client free. We might allow purchasing a server side always-on notification back-end but we will allow you to set up your own server (for free) if you wish.

Misc
    * Michal is a girl :)
    Changes Log

v0.3.4.1
    * activity log
    * call silence white list
    * wifi condition, location condition reliability
    * start-only conditions reliability

v0.3.3.1
    * quick fix for a background crash

v0.3.3
    * WiFi tethering toggle
    * launching multiple apps bugs fixed
    * SMS sending - will attempt to resend on failure
    * root actions silently failed - attempt to fix
    * calendar reliability improvements
    * periodical active location detection setting

v0.3.2.1
    * fixed regression in restore values

v0.3.2
    * restore actions - yet another fix
    * direct links to running tasks dubbed "nfc links"
    * German translation

v0.3.1
    * airplane mode fix
    * restore last state more accurate

v0.3.0.1
    * hotfix for users upgrading from older versions

v0.3.0 public
    * share + bug report no longer crash when there's no internet connection
    * selection bug in the main screen fixed

v0.3.0 rc3
    * sharing and market reworked slightly
    * directly report bugs and upload local database

v0.3.0 rc2
    * mobile data proper detect of current state

v0.3.0 beta 5 (release candidate 1)
    * hdmi slimport now actually works
    * terminate apps can use root to force close other apps
    * timers no longer cancel each other (major reliability bug)

v0.3.0 beta 4 (only in the beta channel)
    * hdmi slimport condition
    * fixed upgrade bug (crash on start) for people who skipped beta 1

v0.3.0 beta 3 (only in the beta channel)
    * sms forwarding and sending should work on kitkat and with hangouts or other non default sms clients

v0.3.0 beta 2 (only in the beta channel)
    * new execution engine

v0.3.0 beta 1 (only in the beta channel)
    * new main screen with inline editing, labels, duplicate tasks etc
    * actions are now split to 2 explicit "start" and "end" parts
    * restore last value should work a little better, still a work in progress
    * wireless charger support
    * street names in the location condition (only for newly added conditions)
    * calendar supports repeat events
    * send sms can now reply to the last caller using target phone number *69

v0.2.15
    * wifi connected condition
    * shortcut clicked / app-launched condition

v0.2.14
    * Orientation lock added
    * Music "Play" button now uses a hybrid of new and old code (both keyboard and broadcast)
    * Location auto-description fix
    * New name! (and new domain name cond.im)
    * 2 new permissions: install shortcuts, edit sms.
    we got the best possible grade for the university project!
    thanks all for you're amazing reviews and 5 star ratings, it helped a lot in improving our average grade :)
    we're working hard on the next major release. it's gonna take a little while to get everything perfect.
    we want a lot of stuff to be in, but from past experience, can't really promise anything.
    the new ui is gonna be great. we're retiring the edit screen. the new main screen, while looking more or less the same, will allow inline editing.
    another thing that's gonna be in - we're making the implicit end action to be explicit.
    the creation process will remain the same, but you'll have an option to change the end-action in the all new edit screen.
    Hi Thanks for nice app. I tried that app shortcut, it starts example GPS with google Maps, but when i exit the maps app. it still keeps GPS on. Another request is it possible to add screen off condition and timer before actions? example screen off -> 30min -> disable wifi,data,sync.

Thanks for app tho. it has nice features so far.

Hi there,
    Android apps usually don't shutdown, ever. There's no broadcast for this, and even polling is quite unreliable.
    I can see how you might want to somehow revet the actions eventually, but i'm not quite sure what would be the best way here.
    I would like to hear suggestions on this, right now i'm considering polling for apps running, maybe after screen is off or something of that sort.

The delay I will add soon, i'm rebuilding the whole action execution part to make it more reliable and predictable. As part of the change, actions will enforce order, and then it'll make sense to add delays between them.

New version is getting a UI facelift, mainly the main screen will allow direct editing, and will hint adding additional conditions and tasks.

But all in due time, first beta of the 0.3.x will be released in a week or so, expect some big features added.