ROOT IDEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bruderhood15

Aug 4, 2012
Savannah
www.facebook.com
I'm not too sure about too much of the heartbleed bug that has been going around but it has been confirmed that it can attack android 4.1.1 and above. Maybe its a possibility that we could look into this as an exploit to gain root access on our phones.
Below is a video talking about android vulnerability and also there is an app called ghost bleed that is supposed to look into and patch it till the carriers release an update to patch on their own. Hope this helps in any way to gain root

http://youtu.be/YyJi_wdZLKw

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dejahboi

May 11, 2007
Porterville
I'm not too sure about too much of the heartbleed bug that has been going around but it has been confirmed that it can attack android 4.1.1 and above. Maybe its a possibility that we could look into this as an exploit to gain root access on our phones.
Below is a video talking about android vulnerability and also there is an app called ghost bleed that is supposed to look into and patch it till the carriers release an update to patch on their own. Hope this helps in any way to gain root

Interesting find :good:

mcj30606

Aug 21, 2010
Heartbleed is a remote information disclosure vulnerability. I would not think that any information that would be useful to gaining root (such as vendor signing keys) would be resident in local memory

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: bruderhood15

spuniun

Oct 7, 2006
Unfortunately, any heart bleed exploit would only pertain to a remote user capturing secure data sent from the device wirelessly such as web service logins and passwords. The types of data we would need to get our hands on is never passed in this manner so the only things this affects is you're personal data.

Reactions: bruderhood15

DR4LUC0N

Jun 1, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Why not...?

Maybe we can use and abuse a system like Telnet? I'm no expert on phones, but I am a Computer Technician and Telnet used to be a way of hacking/getting into a PC into OS's. I mean Android is an modified OS to work on mobile devices.

Dennisg34

Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire
Maybe we can use and abuse a system like Telnet? I'm no expert on phones, but I am a Computer Technician and Telnet used to be a way of hacking/getting into a PC into OS's. I mean Android is an modified OS to work on mobile devices.

Hmm I use telnet at work just to see if our clients have designated ports open? Didn't know it can be used for other things

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013

I just ran that app and it didn't show any vulnerabilities in my phone. It all says pass.

from the tip of my fangers...!

spuniun

Oct 7, 2006

telnet is a networking protocol which (a) is not enabled by default in android and (b) even if it were enabled does not run with elevated permissions (unless you already have elevated permissions) so there's nothing there to "abuse". Telnet has no relationship with any heartbleed exploits which similarly cannot be used to gain any elevated permissions.

Sorry, it's just not relevant to any root exploit for any devices, not just ours.

Reactions: ks3rv3rg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is already a thread for "Ideas for rooting our phones" Please search before posting
    Heartbleed is a remote information disclosure vulnerability. I would not think that any information that would be useful to gaining root (such as vendor signing keys) would be resident in local memory

Unfortunately, any heart bleed exploit would only pertain to a remote user capturing secure data sent from the device wirelessly such as web service logins and passwords. The types of data we would need to get our hands on is never passed in this manner so the only things this affects is you're personal data.

telnet is a networking protocol which (a) is not enabled by default in android and (b) even if it were enabled does not run with elevated permissions (unless you already have elevated permissions) so there's nothing there to "abuse". Telnet has no relationship with any heartbleed exploits which similarly cannot be used to gain any elevated permissions.

Sorry, it's just not relevant to any root exploit for any devices, not just ours.