[Q] Question about a 'ROOT ALL DEVICES' app...

Search This thread

kharrison83

Apr 12, 2014
Holiday
So I doing some searching and happen to find this. Has anyone ever tried this? and can vouch for it? Seems like one of those "to good to be true" type deals...

Ok.. can post the link, so, if you go to YouTube and search for the following you will see the video.

Root ANY Android Device 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.4 Jelly Bean, Kit Kat, Ice Cream Sandwich One Click

nizbot

Oct 4, 2010
So I doing some searching and happen to find this. Has anyone ever tried this? and can vouch for it? Seems like one of those "to good to be true" type deals...

Ok.. can post the link, so, if you go to YouTube and search for the following you will see the video.

Root ANY Android Device 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.4 Jelly Bean, Kit Kat, Ice Cream Sandwich One Click

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2604749

First, I would say buyer beware. Second, I seriously doubt it considering no root yet with the locked boot loader and the talent in this community. However, if you are willing to jump first...let us know how it goes and make sure you have video to prove it ;)

Reactions: kharrison83

kharrison83

Apr 12, 2014
Holiday

First, I would say buyer beware. Second, I seriously doubt it considering no root yet with the locked boot loader and the talent in this community. However, if you are willing to jump first...let us know how it goes and make sure you have video to prove it ;)

Thanks for the info! I guess I jumped the gun on asking in a new thread (and I'll admit it, I didn't do a basic search for Kingo before hand.) I'm not quite sure I wanna be the first to try this on my AT&T S5.. even though I'm kinda that desperate to get Root :-/

donharden2002

Nov 25, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the info! I guess I jumped the gun on asking in a new thread (and I'll admit it, I didn't do a basic search for Kingo before hand.) I'm not quite sure I wanna be the first to try this on my AT&T S5.. even though I'm kinda that desperate to get Root :-/

I've tried it, doesn't work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
I would say it's gonna be a while some tyne man the the myth the legend chain fire said it's gonna be a long time before we get root access

The latest firmware update for the AT&T S4 (NB1) does not yet have a direct root method. The obstacles for obtaining root on this phone (S5) and that phone are generally the same. So I would say root will be achieved on the S4 (newest firmware) before or at the same time as root for the S5. So I would say you are correct about it taking a little while.

Reactions: galaxy s4 nutjob

kharrison83

Apr 12, 2014
Holiday
Nope. Won't work. There is no direct root method for NB1 yet. There is a work-around that involves SafeStrap and installing a pre-rooted ROM, but that's it at the moment.

I'm sure it's been asked and answered, but since you mentioned it.. The same type of work-around, using SafeStrap and installing a pre-rooted stock ROM, can't be used on the S5?

krown85

Nov 22, 2012
Eagle Pass

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
Pretty sure safe strap requires root first on JB ROM, then flashing a pretty rooted kit Kat update.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

galaxy s4 nutjob

Mar 7, 2014
Niagara Falls
(Quoted from Chainfires Google+) That's impossible to predict, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it. It may take months or never happen. If root is important to you, get an unlocked device and be sure you'll have it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've tried it, doesn't work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would say it's gonna be a while. the man the myth the legend chain fire said it's gonna be a long time before we get root access
    I would say it's gonna be a while some tyne man the the myth the legend chain fire said it's gonna be a long time before we get root access

The latest firmware update for the AT&T S4 (NB1) does not yet have a direct root method. The obstacles for obtaining root on this phone (S5) and that phone are generally the same. So I would say root will be achieved on the S4 (newest firmware) before or at the same time as root for the S5. So I would say you are correct about it taking a little while.