[4.4.3] Screen not showing in Battery Stats / ScreenOnTime not being logged

Search This thread

Spiritreader

Apr 27, 2014
Hello everyone,

Has anyone experienced the bug in 4.4.3 where screen on time is not being logged anymore and the screen does not show up in the integrated battery stats? If yes, is there a fix and if not, will this be fixed?

I want to avoid factory resetting my phone though, so if there is no solution I think I'll just live with it.

Thank you
Spiritreader

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Hello everyone,

Has anyone experienced the bug in 4.4.3 where screen on time is not being logged anymore and the screen does not show up in the integrated battery stats? If yes, is there a fix and if not, will this be fixed?

I want to avoid factory resetting my phone though, so if there is no solution I think I'll just live with it.

Thank you
Spiritreader

have you tried rebooting? and, do you have root? if so, using a root file explorer, delete /data/system/batterystats.bin and reboot.

G

GuestK00413

Hi,

If you just recently updated your phone, it's possible that the battery stats have been reset, and usually just media server and all those things appear as the biggest battery consumers. If you fully charge your phone it should show the correct usage again.

Hope this works.

Spiritreader

Apr 27, 2014
Hello,
Thanks for your answers :)
Unfortunately I haven't rooted yet, but I think I might invest time to do that if it can fix the issue. Rebooting hasn't helped nor fully charging it. It just seems like the OS doesn't even log the display stats anymore, although the bar in the battery monitor for screen on is still there