Search This thread

dhavalpatelc100

Apr 16, 2012
how to identify "factory unlocked htc sensation"

Hi,
I am from india. I am planning to buy HTC Sensation. A person from whom I am buying, He told that the piece is from UK and factory unlocked. How can i identify that the piece is officially unlocked or illegally unlocked or rooted ?

Regards,

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
What do you mean by unlocked ? S-OFF, Sim unlocked ?

No phone comes 'officially unlocked' You have to unlock it yourself through Revolutionary / HTCDev.

When you get to have a look at it, Boot into HBOOT by powering off the phone (make sure fastboot is unchecked, Or remove / reinsert battery)
And hold down Volume down + Power button.

You should be able to identify whether its been unlocked or not from there

Idanb

Apr 11, 2012
I wanted to know how to clean the device's memory card.
I installed and removed a lot of applications, I do not know what's relevant and what is not.

How do I remove all the junk?

Also I wanted to ask about Google play
Why when I go to my apps and then move the screen bookmark ALL, I see the list all installed apps ever?
How do I delete the list?
There's a silly applications installed.
There can be deleted?

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I wanted to know how to clean the device's memory card.
I installed and removed a lot of applications, I do not know what's relevant and what is not.

How do I remove all the junk?

Why when I go to my apps and then move the screen bookmark ALL, I see the list all installed apps ever?
There can be deleted?

Hi,

Go to settings /apps/sd card
All the ones that are ticked,are on your sd card.
Long press the ones you want to keep and move them to your phone.

Have you got a card reader?
If not get one.
Best thing you can have for the phone.
Put the card in the PC,and copy/save all your pictures/saves/backup.Basically everything you want to keep.
Or to be sure,make a copy of the whole card.

Then ,format it to fat 32 on the PC.
Copy everything youWANT back onto the card.
Put it into your phone,and Android will put all the files it needs to run.

Job done.

:)

Reactions: Idanb

Idanb

Apr 11, 2012
OK thanks!:D

and this pls..

There can be deleted?

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Hi,
I am from india. I am planning to buy HTC Sensation. A person from whom I am buying, He told that the piece is from UK and factory unlocked. How can i identify that the piece is officially unlocked or illegally unlocked or rooted ?

Regards,

unlock is not a big deal.....when he said the piece is from UK and factory unlocked its debranded (probably) so you can use any sim :D

as for checking whether officially unlocked or not it can't be done mostly as you can sim unlock any sensation by simple methods (there is a guide in xda itself for sim unlocking)
which wont leave any traces to check whether unlock is officially done or not but this method requires root access to phone

Also rooting is entirely different from sim unlock. rooting is like it will unlock your device potential :D

one probability is if the phone is rooted ( you can check the root by installing any app which requires root access like "system tuner") then the phone might be unofficially unlocked. :D

@azzledazzle
normally people from india worry about sim unlock ;) when a foreign piece is bought....Also we'll get branded pieces for cheap price comparatively (my pyramid is tmous one :cool:)

Last edited:

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
OK thanks!:D

and this pls..

There can be deleted?

These are just apps that you have downloaded since having android. They are not all on your phone, Only the ones that say installed will be on the phone.

Ignore the list, I dont think it can be removed...

ycayir

Feb 20, 2012
Tipperary
Widgets

Hi,
Does anyone know selection of widgets that costumised for sensation? I like to have my mobile data, GPS, BT, Wireless and AutoSync and if can be roaming in one widget bar bit like Power Control or Data Dashboard or Power Dashboard.

Leigouken

Jun 20, 2011
Valencia
trkaaa, just a suggestion. While your replies are extremely informative, they can be very confusing for the noobs just because they are so informative. I suggest to cut it down a bit to the current problem. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

I don´t mean to be rude or over step (or stand on peoples feet) But I found trkaaa very helpful. If I see a long anwser complete with a lot of info. being a Noob in all, I trust the info given more than a short answer but thats just me. Thx again to trkaaa and also all of XDA for all the mega content roms etc... Great Stuff Guys :)

Reactions: trkaaa

healy2k

Nov 27, 2011
southampton
Hi,

For returning under warranty,please check the 2 threads:
HERE and HERE

Look for the s-on section.

The choice is always yours to make.
How bad is the dust deposit.
Remember,if it got in now,it can only get worse..

:)

Thanks, i did a backup in clockwork when i first started messing with roms etc, so can i use this? then do s-on then back to shop?
i wrote this down which was my stock ruu i think - 1.50.161.1, cant find that one in the list though.

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
I don´t mean to be rude or over step (or stand on peoples feet) But I found trkaaa very helpful. If I see a long anwser complete with a lot of info. being a Noob in all, I trust the info given more than a short answer but thats just me. Thx again to trkaaa and also all of XDA for all the mega content roms etc... Great Stuff Guys :)

I will not go into detail for the reasoning behind my advice, as trkaaa seems to understand it perfectly.
In no way I undermine amount of help he provides here or on any other thread. He is a very valued member, and this is the reason why he appeared in the Hall of Fame among the very first people.

Reactions: trkaaa

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
Guys sorry for this "crossposting" but I cannot get an answer, and the guides are not enough detailed about cases like mine...
This is my situation: it says locked, hboot 1.27.0000, S-on, cid VODAP102 and not rooted, last official stock ics.

My goal is to flash last ARHD, so would you please be so kind to tell me IF and how I can flash it?
Second, can I CWM and root my device since it's soo "armored"? If yes how??

And mainly why the bloody hell htc chainlocks so deeply its device? What's its problem with custom rom?????

Last edited:

rstonex

Sep 21, 2010
Wow, great thread.

My Sensation has screen dust, and when I went into a Tmo shop, the guy said they'd just send me a replacement, and I'd send mine back. I'm running an ICS ROM, S-OFF, SuperCID, and I was going to just flash a RUU, but I'm on ICS firmware. Do I need to flash back to a 2.3 firmware before flashing the RUU, or is it just as simple as putting the renamed RUU on the SD and flashing? The debranding thread didn't mention whether firmware would be an issue or not.

I really wasn't going to bother putting it back S-ON. If the screen is dusty, I doubt they'd even bother checking that, but they'd sure as hell notice if I had a ICS stock ROM on it.

-Asskicker-

Jun 1, 2010
Hey everyone,

I just bought a HTC Sensation and it's running ICS (from HTC) as an upgrade to my HTC Hero. I've been reading these forums and there is so much going on, I can't keep up! :D As I come from hero I'm really eager to try out ICS!

Now my question is, what are the things I really need to do? I see a few guides stickied here for rooting and installing custom recoveries but I'm unsure which one to follow.

I also noticed that the CPU can be overclocked to 1.6 (from Sensation XE?) and you can also install the beats software? How would I do that? :)

And finally, which roms would you guys suggest, I know this question is asked a lot but I'm looking for a rom that as as close to the default rom but with better performance etc...

Thanks a lot, I'm happy to join this community! :D

kendragon2

Apr 4, 2012
Limerick
My noobie question is this. Does the radio file control your phone's internet access when you are not on wi-fi? The reason I ask is this. My first HTC phone was the HTC Legend which had excellent 4g internet speed. After a year or so I upgraded to the HTC Sensation on Vodafone Ireland's Billpay network. My internet speed was greatly reduced and problematic. Later on I got an OTA software upgrade to GB and this seemed to fix my internet problems and the speed shot back up to what I remember from my old phone.

Recently I rooted my phone and installed ICS roms, one of which was the Android revolution rom and as part of that install I installed the radio file Radio_11.69.3504.00U_11.22.3504.07_M. I've since changed rom to the Elegencia but my internet speed on vodafone has gone back to being quite poor and i'm not sure if its to do with being on ICS or if that radio file has something to do with it. I dont know enough about these files to know if i'm on the right track or way off. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010

I will not go into detail for the reasoning behind my advice, as trkaaa seems to understand it perfectly.
In no way I undermine amount of help he provides here or on any other thread. He is a very valued member, and this is the reason why he appeared in the Hall of Fame among the very first people.

• thank you very much both for advises , i appreciate that
  • Actually when i give a test brief answer yesterday , i felt like cheated the guy who asked for help , and i didn't liked what i've done cause i know i could help him more , Specially it involved S-OFF that needs Downgrade or tacoroot
  • we are here by our own well to offer help with no benefit , So either i give full proper help or not at all , this is my understanding
  • Some member ask 5or 6 questions in one post , if you answer them all it will be a long answer
  • my answers will be according to how critical is the Question and how noob is the member and how dangerous what he describes that he did in the Post
  • a long answer is not necessary confusing , i usually read the post more than once , highlight all Questions and required clarifications and answer them all to satisfy and clear the thoughts of the member
  • i type with one finger , very painful to write a long post , and i don't like it a bit , thanks again for your advise

Guys sorry for this "crossposting" but I cannot get an answer, and the guides are not enough detailed about cases like mine...
This is my situation: it says locked, hboot 1.27.0000, S-on, cid VODAP102 and not rooted, last official stock ics.

My goal is to flash last ARHD, so would you please be so kind to tell me IF and how I can flash it?
Second, can I CWM and root my device since it's soo "armored"? If yes how??

And mainly why the bloody hell htc chainlocks so deeply its device? What's its problem with custom rom?????

• no you can't S-OFF yet , But you can Root and flash ICS Custom roms
  • Go here to know your available Alternative if solution doesn't Come or work , and to know how to flash ICS Custom roms while you are S-ON go here 4191

Wow, great thread.

My Sensation has screen dust, and when I went into a Tmo shop, the guy said they'd just send me a replacement, and I'd send mine back. I'm running an ICS ROM, S-OFF, SuperCID, and I was going to just flash a RUU, but I'm on ICS firmware. Do I need to flash back to a 2.3 firmware before flashing the RUU, or is it just as simple as putting the renamed RUU on the SD and flashing? The debranding thread didn't mention whether firmware would be an issue or not.

I really wasn't going to bother putting it back S-ON. If the screen is dusty, I doubt they'd even bother checking that, but they'd sure as hell notice if I had a ICS stock ROM on it.

• RUU.exe is flashed from PC and device in fastboot , htc sync should be installed and connected to device in sync mode
  • you can flash your Original GB RUU on top of ICS ( proved by more than a member done that on fimware 3.24 )
  • if you are cautious , you can do it also on two step Downgrade firmware to GB then flash an RUU
  • tinky1 advised a member before that if the same device is coming back to you again after repair , they may flash it with ICS , so he advised him to flash RUU and leave it S-OFF , so it up to you to decide what to do
Hey everyone,

I just bought a HTC Sensation and it's running ICS (from HTC) as an upgrade to my HTC Hero. I've been reading these forums and there is so much going on, I can't keep up! :D As I come from hero I'm really eager to try out ICS!

Now my question is, what are the things I really need to do? I see a few guides stickied here for rooting and installing custom recoveries but I'm unsure which one to follow.

I also noticed that the CPU can be overclocked to 1.6 (from Sensation XE?) and you can also install the beats software? How would I do that? :)

And finally, which roms would you guys suggest, I know this question is asked a lot but I'm looking for a rom that as as close to the default rom but with better performance etc...

Thanks a lot, I'm happy to join this community! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: rstonex and Kohr-Ah

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
  • to know your alternatives and to flash ICS Custom roms go here
  • no you can't S-OFF yet , But you can Root and flash ICS Custom roms
  • Go here to know your available Alternative if solution doesn't Come or work , and to know how to flash ICS Custom roms while you are S-ON 4191

Here... where?
Anyway
1) in order to flash ARHD do I have to mandatory unlock the bootloader with htc official method?
2) I tried to install CWM, in the bootloader it checked the pyr58img but without installing it, I also added into android-info my Vodafone CID posted above, but with no success.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts