[Q] CF-Root confusion, which one to get?

Search This thread

abdelgni

Nov 30, 2007
Hello, I just got a Galaxy S i9000t, I needed to flash it with a rom from XDA(The current miui if that matters), and so I looked for a way to put a cwm on it, the way I found was using CF-Root, but when I got there I found so many versions and numbers that I didn't understand.
I noticed that in my device I had software version JVB(This is PDA I guess), and in baseband I had JV7, so I downloaded this and flashed it in Odin:

CF-Root-XW_XEE_JVB-v3.1-CWM3RFS.zip

The device boots okay, but when I reach the homescreen, it reboots quickly to the logo of the communication network(Hot reboot I think this was called?), and then back into home screen, which then triggers the reboot again, so I guess I did something wrong.

Can someone direct me to the right version for me? I found nothing about JV7 in the CF-Root thread, and if I need another version, can I just flash it in odin after I flashed the wrong one?

Thank you.

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Hello, I just got a Galaxy S i9000t,

i9000T is same as i9000, but meant for specific regions, so your base-band is important for communicating with your home network. , you should note it down and use that when changing ROM's

if you only want Root, you can use Framaroot , if you want CWM you can use semaphore kernel. make sure your version is (froyo/ gingerbread) correct

follow
pinned.png
[Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat