[FRAMEWORK] Xposed Installer | MOD your stock ROM like custom one
This is NOT made by me
Most of the guyz may have came across this.
What is xposed installer?
It is a framework!
It allows you to install little apps by which you can mod your XL.
Read Advantages for more info.
Only you will be responsible if anything happens to your phone!
- No need to modify any APKs. This means:
No need to decompile, change things in smali, compile, sign, ...
It will work for odexed and deodexed ROMs.
Your mod is not bound to a specific version of the ROM. Unless there is a major change in the methods called for a certain functionality, your mod will continue to work even when you upgrade your ROM. Hell, it will probably even work with different ROMs.
Multiple mods can be installed at the same time, even if they change the same package. So you can use these battery icons and those quick toggles. Even hooking the same method twice is possible. Of course, this only works properly if the mods are not trying to do incompatible things.
- It does its magic at runtime. That means you can implement options to let the user decide if they prefer the bikeshed to be painted in red or blue. Or you can have some extra logic for certain ROMs without building different mod versions.
- It can be disabled easily without having to reflash.
- It's open source.
You can download the installer from the attachment or from thread mentioned above
How to install:
First step for everything you do: Create a nandroid backup and make sure you know how to restore it!
There is also the risk to soft-brick your device. In such a case, restoring a backup is the easiest way to get rid of it
- Download XposedInstaller.apk and install it
- Launch the Xposed Installer and click on "Install/Update"
In case you get into a boot loop:
You can flash the attached Xposed-Disabler-CWM.zip by Tungstwenty. It will be copied to your (external) SD card when you install Xposed as well. The only thing it does is copying /system/bin/app_process.orig back to /system/bin/app_process, which you can also do yourself (e.g. with adb shell in recovery mode).
You could also create a file /data/xposed/disabled, which causes Xposed to be bypassed as well.
You can find modules collection here-
- Download .apk and install it
- Launch the Xposed Installer and go to the "Modules" tab (you will also get there if you click on the notification warning you that the module is not enabled yet)
- Enable the module by checking the check-box
Please let me know which Modules are working perfectly on Canvas 2 and I will add in my post
Please let me know which Modules are working perfectly on Canvas HD and I will add in my post
Don't forget to hit the thanks button for sharing this and rate 5star..!