[App]+[MOD]Android Tablet Native SMS + Google Voice

Search This thread

ZerosevEx

Jan 21, 2013
About:
This tutorial will show tablet owners how to install a phone messenger and get Google Voice to work with it. MMS isn't supported but SMS will work. Notifications will work. Everything just like the 'Messenger + Google Voice app' has without the price. ROOT ONLY!

Needed:
Tablet
GV Intergration v2.0.0.4(attached: gvi2.5.apk)
Google Voice(attached: gv54.apk)
Phone Messenger APK You want(attached: Mms.apk)

Steps:

1) Install Google Voice from the apk attached and setup the account.

2) Install GV Intergration and setup.

Settup Should Be:
GEmail: Real
GPass: Real
Enable Intergration: Yes(Check this after step 4)
Intergration Type: ROOT
Send Type: Google Account
ALL Contacts
Replys to Texts: Yes
Sig Sent: blank
Sig Recieve: blank
Recieve Notifications: Naitive
Notification Bar: Yes or No(doesn't mater unless you have a sending issue)
Screen On: Yes
Popup: No

3) Move Mms.apk into android/app/Mms.apk. Tablets won't have one here.

4) Now install the Mms.apk from the apps folder.

5) Go back and Enable Intergration. Tablet will Reboot!

6) After reboot, run Messenger and Voice at the same time. Send some texts through messenger to your number. If you dont recieve a reply your gvoice app needs to relogin. Continue sending some texts till it notifys you to relogin if it hasn't already. Took my tablet(Asus TF101) 15 seconds to notify my Google Voice to relogin. Once you relogin it will update itself and all will be fully functional. You don't need to do these steps again. Your done!

Note: Now that the app is considered a phone native app with its number you can link gosms, chomp and such messenger to it.

Credit:
ZerosevEx for tutorial & Discovery
App Creators for making it possible

Attachments

• gv54.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 1,269
  • gvi2.5.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,381
  • Mms.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,191
Last edited:

strra

Aug 28, 2008
Lake George, MI
thanks for the guide...
i am able to send and receive texts via google voice, however, i'm not getting any notification of a new text from the stock messaging app.
any ideas?

Last edited:

sixfearstheseven

Mar 24, 2011
Southgate
I think I'm missing something. Where is the GV Integration app? I can't find it in the play store

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Searching for the GV integration app in the play store on my nexus 7, I found a free app that appears to do everything this guide purports to accomplish without any extra steps. Just install the app, allow access to your gmail account (you don't have to type in your password) and you're ready to send text messages from the included stock MMS app

ZerosevEx

Jan 21, 2013
I think I'm missing something. Where is the GV Integration app? I can't find it in the play store

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Searching for the GV integration app in the play store on my nexus 7, I found a free app that appears to do everything this guide purports to accomplish without any extra steps. Just install the app, allow access to your gmail account (you don't have to type in your password) and you're ready to send text messages from the included stock MMS app

That is true, for $5. This tut is to save the $5 with a little work.

thanks for the guide...
i am able to send and receive texts via google voice, however, i'm not getting any notification of a new text from the stock messaging app.
any ideas?

Some Stock MMS apps arn't supported. I used the wuick reply ones and they dont seem to be tablet friendly. You have to trial and error with the mms's that are out and see your cup of tea. the cm10 stock white works best and always notifys.

KYT

Oct 15, 2009
Louisville, KY

I can't find it with my XOOM either. However, if I look at Play on my computer, I can find it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...tZHJ0b29scy5hcHBzLmd2aW50ZWdyYXRpb24uZnJlZSJd

Says this app is not compatible with my XOOM but is with my E4GT. I don't need it on my E4GT.
Is there a way to force the app to install anyway?
If I can figure a way to get this working with out needing root, I want to it setup on my father's tablet (TF101), where root isn't an option.
He hates smartphones; he's still using a Sanyo Katana lol

bleached45

Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I can't find it with my XOOM either. However, if I look at Play on my computer, I can find it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...tZHJ0b29scy5hcHBzLmd2aW50ZWdyYXRpb24uZnJlZSJd

Says this app is not compatible with my XOOM but is with my E4GT. I don't need it on my E4GT.
Is there a way to force the app to install anyway?
If I can figure a way to get this working with out needing root, I want to it setup on my father's tablet (TF101), where root isn't an option.
He hates smartphones; he's still using a Sanyo Katana lol

As A TF101 owner, it can be rooted. But I'm assuming you mean you don't want to root his.
And you could always install it to your E4GT and then pull the app, save it somewhere and then uninstall it.
Then sideload it on the Xoom.

Jun 30, 2012
Missouri
About:
This tutorial will show tablet owners how to install a phone messenger and get Google Voice to work with it. MMS isn't supported but SMS will work. Notifications will work. Everything just like the 'Messenger + Google Voice app' has without the price. ROOT ONLY!

Needed:
Tablet
GV Intergration v2.0.0.4
Google Voice(attached)
Phone Messenger APK You want(I used CM10)

Steps:

Settup Should Be:
ALL Contacts

6) After reboot, run Messenger and Voice at the same time. Send some texts through messenger to your number. If you dont recieve a reply your gvoice app needs to relogin. Continue sending some texts till it notifys you to relogin if it hasn't already. Took my tablet(Asus TF101) 15 seconds to notify my Google Voice to relogin. Once you relogin it will update itself and all will be fully functional. You don't need to do these steps again. Your done!

Note: Now that the app is considered a phone native app with its number you can link gosms, chomp and such messenger to it.

Credit:

Or, just use Mighty Text for free from the play store. SMS + MMS, plus you get to keep your phone number and integrates with Google Voice. It's free, you can utilize it via tablet and/or a Chrome extension.

Last edited:

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Tried the method as per instruction and can't get it to send.

By the way this isn't a nexus 10 its an HP Touchpad.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361293599876.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361293599876.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 639

KYT

Oct 15, 2009
Louisville, KY
As A TF101 owner, it can be rooted. But I'm assuming you mean you don't want to root his.
And you could always install it to your E4GT and then pull the app, save it somewhere and then uninstall it.
Then sideload it on the Xoom.

Yup close enough. All my stuff is rooted, but as far as some older folks are concerned, some believe roots are for plants. *shrugs*
They still wonder occasionally why they can't see their Gmail when they open the Email app. :confused:

It's all good, I might just put GV on there and see if that is good enough before I spend too much time looking into this.

ZerosevEx

Jan 21, 2013
Tried the method as per instruction and can't get it to send.

By the way this isn't a nexus 10 its an HP Touchpad.

Set the GV icon to YES for statues bar and make sure gvoice is intergrated with the check. Does it instantly fail? if so then you messed up a step but if it trys sending and fails after trying for 10+ seconds this should fix it.

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Set the GV icon to YES for statues bar and make sure gvoice is intergrated with the check. Does it instantly fail? if so then you messed up a step but if it trys sending and fails after trying for 10+ seconds this should fix it.

I tried over and over. Hmm :/ I'll attempt again from scratch.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Tried again after disabling integration and then I uninstalled gv and gv integration and MMS, followed the steps as is and attempted to send a text and it took like 10 seconds before failing. Also tried sending it multiple times.

When I enter my email should it be just the username or with the @gmail.com extension? I'm adding the extension.

fun4stuff

Jan 5, 2013
Where do you get phone messenger apk and mms.apk?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

ZerosevEx

Jan 21, 2013
I tried over and over. Hmm :/ I'll attempt again from scratch.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Tried again after disabling integration and then I uninstalled gv and gv integration and MMS, followed the steps as is and attempted to send a text and it took like 10 seconds before failing. Also tried sending it multiple times.

When I enter my email should it be just the username or with the @gmail.com extension? I'm adding the extension.

It should me:
example@yahoo.com
example123
Also sign out of Google Voice and reInstall the given apk or(downgrade[uninstal update]) to have it install and relogin once setup is complete.
Let me know if it fixed your issue.
Where do you get phone messenger apk and mms.apk?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app
Depends on what messenger you want. Just google CM10 MMS.apk.

ZerosevEx

Jan 21, 2013
I added both the gvintergration and mms apks I personaly used to do this. All should work. Remember to log out and login after setup if sending doesnt work. Mine autoforced me out then updated gvoice after I reloged in. Let it autoupdate.

savage24x

Jul 5, 2011
Anybody try updating Google voice or do I have to use that version?

Sent from my HP TouchPad using xda-developers app

nomecone

Jan 5, 2010
Thank you =d

Anybody try updating Google voice or do I have to use that version?

Sent from my HP TouchPad using xda-developers app

I found this and am using the GV integration APK from OP only and mating that with HTC Desire Z(tmobile g2) with not carrier(wifi only) running Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 ROM and it work just as well as M+GV but without the price.

I have latest market Google Voice APK from market and it makes this integration have a bug. Notification must be enabled in the Google Voice app to receive messages to stock messaging app. I believe this is do to a update in the Google Voice app. this same bug occurs with the $5 M+GV app from the market ATM. You get dual notification but I can live with that until its fixed.

THANKS!!!!!!! saved me the hassle of clicking cancel all the time in M+GV because $5 was too salty for a toy project.

Now to continue the search for getting MMS in stock messaging

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About:

Needed:
    Tablet
    GV Intergration v2.0.0.4(attached: gvi2.5.apk)
    Google Voice(attached: gv54.apk)
    Phone Messenger APK You want(attached: Mms.apk)

Steps:

Settup Should Be:
    ALL Contacts

Credit: