[MOD][BETA][DEPRECATED] - HC 3.0 DEODEXED ROMS ONLY | Power Options

Search This thread

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
I'm looking for Beta testers running a deodexed 3.0 ROM to try out my latest mod, this is NOT for 3.1 users!

What is it? It's an experiment to see if I could add an option to reboot into recovery in the power off screen that appears when you long press the power button.
I don't like having to do the Power & Vol -, Vol + thing so I created this instead.

It comprises of nothing more than a modified framework-res.apk from PRIME! 1.3r2

I have successfully tested on both PRIME! v1.3r2 and MoDaCo's Hr5 but have a ROM ready on your sdcard just in case you experience any issues.

I'm looking for feedback as to whether this works ok and whether it is a useful feature. Currently it is only available for 3.0 ROMS but may be ported to 3.1 at a later date.

Once it's ready I'll be doing a guide detailing how the mod was achieved.

MD5: b89c45854acca54caad197d508a71670

Alt Link - http://db.tt/E7cDGfi

Update - 3.1 versions now available from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1052380

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,313
  • beta_menu.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:

The-Kevster

Nov 2, 2007
London, UK
This needs to be ported to 3.1 :)

I guess its because Prime 3.1 is only partially deodexed?

Wish I could help with your testing but I won't be going back to 3.0.x

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
Between Roach, Netarchy, Clemsyn and Blade (and all the other developers), I think we're in very good hands here. I almost feel back at home on the EVO threads :)

I would love to get this on HC 3.1 as well, I'm running your Primeordial 3.1 rom and like you think that that single option in the shutdown menu Asus "offered" is a PITA. Crap, it doesn't even offer a reboot option...

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Nice work on this. Will try it out and leave feedback as soon as I can download it. The first time I tried, the file was corrupt. Now been trying to d/l for last hour, but the file just won't download..

Ok, has anyone else managed to download this file yet? When I finally do manage to get it to download, the resulting file is only 1.2MB, not 7.65MB, and when I open it in WinRAR, I get the "Unexpected end of archive" message. Needless to say, attempted flashing of this file in CWM gives a "(bad)" error message

Last edited:

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Nice work on this. Will try it out and leave feedback as soon as I can download it. The first time I tried, the file was corrupt. Now been trying to d/l for last hour, but the file just won't download..

Ok, has anyone else managed to download this file yet? When I finally do manage to get it to download, the resulting file is only 1.2MB, not 7.65MB, and when I open it in WinRAR, I get the "Unexpected end of archive" message. Needless to say, attempted flashing of this file in CWM gives a "(bad)" error message

New link added to OP

Last edited:

cky2000

Aug 17, 2010
West Palm Beach
I just went back to 3.0.1 to try this and it works great. This is a very nice feature you are giving us. Thank you for your work :D

seeingwhite

Aug 30, 2010
Finally! This works great on prime. You should incorporate it into all of your ROMs.

Thanks.

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Hi, thanks for the feedback. Since Honeycomb 3.1 has now been fully deodexed, I have made these mods available for for PRIME! v1.4. THey are in the OP. I've also fixed the bootloop issue I was having with them.

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Check the OP on my Rom thread, these have been available on 3.1 for some time now.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1052380

I think he was just agreeing on what I was saying in regards about he was trying to flash something for HC 3.0 on a HC 3.1 ROM.

Raf051 should of read before he posted (or before he flashed) because Roach did say,

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Since Honeycomb 3.1 has now been fully deodexed, I have made these mods available for for PRIME! v1.4. THey are in the OP. I've also fixed the bootloop issue I was having with them.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm looking for Beta testers running a deodexed 3.0 ROM to try out my latest mod, this is NOT for 3.1 users!

What is it? It's an experiment to see if I could add an option to reboot into recovery in the power off screen that appears when you long press the power button.
    I don't like having to do the Power & Vol -, Vol + thing so I created this instead.

It comprises of nothing more than a modified framework-res.apk from PRIME! 1.3r2

I have successfully tested on both PRIME! v1.3r2 and MoDaCo's Hr5 but have a ROM ready on your sdcard just in case you experience any issues.

I'm looking for feedback as to whether this works ok and whether it is a useful feature. Currently it is only available for 3.0 ROMS but may be ported to 3.1 at a later date.

Once it's ready I'll be doing a guide detailing how the mod was achieved.

MD5: b89c45854acca54caad197d508a71670

Alt Link - http://db.tt/E7cDGfi

Update - 3.1 versions now available from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1052380
    I've said is no need to flash this mod cos 1.5 have this built in ;)
    :cool:

I think he was just agreeing on what I was saying in regards about he was trying to flash something for HC 3.0 on a HC 3.1 ROM.

Rikardo1979 should of read before he posted (or before he flashed) because Roach did say,
    just hold volume down+power button until u see the post message on screen and press volume up to boot into CWR ;)
    :cool:

what if stuck in boot looplogo
    haw can I reach recovery
    or only hope than is NvFlash
    was a guide ever made detailing how this mod was made?

https://github.com/Roach2010/prime_rom_tf101/commit/38e47916e42742623019e863aa1c9050a38b5236

Above is the commit for that particular menu. It's changed since then but my repo has commits for all my mods.