[Q] Help GPE --> Sense! Touchscreen non responsive

Search This thread

abdoulwane

Feb 28, 2011
Hello Everyone. I need help!!

I had an 801n HTC one M7UL.. I swapped back and forth to the point that I do not recall.. what version I had to begin with.

NON RESPONSIVE TOUCHSCREEN - Only top third
1) Only top third of my touch screen responds (this was after an attempt to flash SOME recovery img..).. and I am not able to fix this no matter what recovery img I tried!!! I went to accessibility etc.... nothigng helps!!! (unless this coincided with the dropping of my phone.. I have two boys... I AM NO NAMIMG ANY NAMES!!.... :)

Unsuccessful attempts to revert from GPE ---> Sense (xx.401.xx)
2) I tried to go from GPE (which I migrated to seamlessly) back to Sense 5.5.... but NO luck. ARHD 52 fails during install (set-metadata-recursive, changes failed etc....).. I tried EVERYTHING!... What am I missing? I tried odexed/deodex 4.19.401.9 along with the recovery.. and firmware.. NOTHING allows me to install proper ROM. Odex. also fails with Status 7.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I went back to GPE after I bricked my htc M7UL... What eXACTLY must I do?

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.62.1700.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA35VWXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei: 354XXXXXXXXXX5193
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3906mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e82187e
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.071s

abdoulwane

Feb 28, 2011
I have attempted Developer Edition as well.. xx.1540.x.. with SuperCID.. but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Hello Everyone. I need help!!

I had an 801n HTC one M7UL.. I swapped back and forth to the point that I do not recall.. what version I had to begin with.

NON RESPONSIVE TOUCHSCREEN - Only top third
1) Only top third of my touch screen responds (this was after an attempt to flash SOME recovery img..).. and I am not able to fix this no matter what recovery img I tried!!! I went to accessibility etc.... nothigng helps!!! (unless this coincided with the dropping of my phone.. I have two boys... I AM NO NAMIMG ANY NAMES!!.... :)

Unsuccessful attempts to revert from GPE ---> Sense (xx.401.xx)
2) I tried to go from GPE (which I migrated to seamlessly) back to Sense 5.5.... but NO luck. ARHD 52 fails during install (set-metadata-recursive, changes failed etc....).. I tried EVERYTHING!... What am I missing? I tried odexed/deodex 4.19.401.9 along with the recovery.. and firmware.. NOTHING allows me to install proper ROM. Odex. also fails with Status 7.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I went back to GPE after I bricked my htc M7UL... What eXACTLY must I do?

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.62.1700.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA35VWXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei: 354XXXXXXXXXX5193
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3906mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e82187e
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.071s

Prophet16

Feb 23, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think this could be caused by either a wrong recovery, kernel, or rom. Your bootloader appears to be just fine. You should never flash "SOME" recovery image as the wrong ones for a different system can really mess up your device. Have you tried using a stock full RUU? Find one for your carrier. I have AT&T so I use the their first ever RUU for Android 4.1.2 if my phone ever gets messed up to the point of no return. And since your fastboot is working, try to relock your bootloader before using a stock RUU or the update won't happen. If that doesn't work there are other options. Good thing is that you're S-Off so you have a lot more options. You could try a stock Google Play Edition RUU. I recommend that one as it is smaller than Sense and I've never encountered any issues with whatsoever when it comes to recovering my device.

abdoulwane

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks... and also...

Thank you for you message!!! I will attempt your suggestion. I hope I did not permanently "mess up" my device!! By the way... I did try Google Play Edition RUU which is what unbricked my phone.. but I have not recovered touchscreen response.

For what it's worth.. here is the LOG on the ARHD insall. 6.1 GPE works.. but not the ARHD52.......

I think this could be caused by either a wrong recovery, kernel, or rom. Your bootloader appears to be just fine. You should never flash "SOME" recovery image as the wrong ones for a different system can really mess up your device. Have you tried using a stock full RUU? Find one for your carrier. I have AT&T so I use the their first ever RUU for Android 4.1.2 if my phone ever gets messed up to the point of no return. And since your fastboot is working, try to relock your bootloader before using a stock RUU or the update won't happen. If that doesn't work there are other options. Good thing is that you're S-Off so you have a lot more options. You could try a stock Google Play Edition RUU. I recommend that one as it is smaller than Sense and I've never encountered any issues with whatsoever when it comes to recovering my device.

AROMA Installer version 2.70RC2
(c) 2013 by amarullz xda-developers

ROM Name : Android Revolution HD
ROM Version : 52.0
ROM Author : mike1986
Device : HTC One
Start at : Sat Mar 15 04:50:41 2014

I:emmc_scan_partitions:[partition_count:22] [allocat_num:50]
bad option "defaults"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p33 /boot emmc defaults defaults
bad option "defaults"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p34 /recovery emmc defaults defaults
bad option "ro"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p35 /system ext4 ro,noatime,barrier=0 wait
bad option "nosuid"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p36 /cache ext4 nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=0 wait,check
bad option "noatime"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p37 /data ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,barrier=0 wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27
bad option "ro"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p31 /firmware/mdm vfat ro,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,shortname=lower wait
bad option "ro"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p16 /firmware/q6 vfat ro,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,shortname=lower wait
bad option "defaults"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host/usb auto auto defaults voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto
recovery filesystem table in updater...
=========================
0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null) 0
=================================
Android Revolution HD by mike1986
>>> Formatting partitions
unmount of /system failed; no such volume
(system is unmounted already)
Creating filesystem with parameters:
Size: 1879048192
Block size: 4096
Blocks per group: 32768
Inodes per group: 8192
Inode size: 256
Journal blocks: 7168
Label:
Blocks: 458752
Block groups: 14
Reserved block group size: 111
Created filesystem with 11/114688 inodes and 15045/458752 blocks
unmount of /cache failed; no such volume
(cache is unmounted already)
Size: 671084544
Journal blocks: 2559
Label:
Blocks: 163839
Block groups: 5
Reserved block group size: 39
Created filesystem with 11/40960 inodes and 5255/163839 blocks
unknown volume for path [/data]
(data is mounted already)
>>> Mounting partitions
unknown volume for path [/system]
(system is mounted already)
>>> Cleaning process
about to run program [/tmp/clean.sh] with 1 args
rm: can't remove '/data/app/eu.chainfire.supersu*.apk': No such file or directory
rm: can't remove '/data/app/eu.chainfire.supersu.pro*.apk': No such file or directory
>>> Writing Data & System
about to run program [/sbin/busybox] with 5 args
about to run program [/tmp/sqlite3] with 3 args
Error: unable to open database "/data/data/com.htc.opensense.social/databases/stream.db": unable to open database file
run_program: child exited with status 1
about to run program [/sbin/sync] with 1 args
>>> Installing Google Chrome
>>> Installing Google Maps & Google Street
>>> Installing Google Music
>>> Installing Google Plus
>>> Installing Google Now
>>> Installing Google Keep
>>> Installing Google Hangouts
>>> Installing Google YouTube
>>> Installing Google Drive
>>> Installing Dropbox
>>> Installing ES File Explorer
>>> Installing Facebook
>>> Installing Adobe Flash Player
>>> Installing Adobe Reader
>>> Installing Twitter
>>> Installing Sense 5 Toolbox & Xposed
>>> Creating toolbox symlinks
>>> Creating additional symlinks
>>> Installing busybox
about to run program [/system/xbin/busybox] with 4 args
>>> Setting permissions
ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/xbin/su to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

Installer Error (Status 7)

End at : Sat Mar 15 04:51:50 2014

Last edited:

abdoulwane

Feb 28, 2011
I Initially had PN071000/HTC__0001 mid/cid..... and now SuperCID. Which one should I use?

RUU M7 UL JB 50 HTC Europe 1.20.401.1 Radio 4A.13.3227.06 10.27.1127.01 Release 308001 Signed 2 4

RUU M7 UL JB 50 HTC Europe 1.28.401.7 Radio 4A.13.3231.27 10.31.1131.05 Release 310878 Signed

Thank you for you message!!! I will attempt your suggestion. I hope I did not permanently "mess up" my device!!

For what it's worth.. here is the LOG on the ARHD insall. 6.1 GPE works.. but not the ARHD52.......

AROMA Installer version 2.70RC2
(c) 2013 by amarullz xda-developers

ROM Name : Android Revolution HD
ROM Version : 52.0
ROM Author : mike1986
Device : HTC One
Start at : Sat Mar 15 04:50:41 2014

bad option "defaults"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p33 /boot emmc defaults defaults
bad option "defaults"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p34 /recovery emmc defaults defaults
bad option "ro"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p35 /system ext4 ro,noatime,barrier=0 wait
bad option "nosuid"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p36 /cache ext4 nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=0 wait,check
bad option "noatime"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p37 /data ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,barrier=0 wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27
bad option "ro"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p31 /firmware/mdm vfat ro,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,shortname=lower wait
bad option "ro"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /dev/block/mmcblk0p16 /firmware/q6 vfat ro,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,shortname=lower wait
bad option "defaults"
skipping malformed recovery.fstab line: /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host/usb auto auto defaults voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto
recovery filesystem table in updater...
=========================
0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null) 0
Android Revolution HD by mike1986
>>> Formatting partitions
unmount of /system failed; no such volume
(system is unmounted already)
Size: 1879048192
Journal blocks: 7168
Label:
Blocks: 458752
Block groups: 14
Reserved block group size: 111
Created filesystem with 11/114688 inodes and 15045/458752 blocks
unmount of /cache failed; no such volume
(cache is unmounted already)
Size: 671084544
Journal blocks: 2559
Label:
Blocks: 163839
Block groups: 5
Reserved block group size: 39
Created filesystem with 11/40960 inodes and 5255/163839 blocks
>>> Mounting partitions
unknown volume for path [/system]
(system is mounted already)
>>> Cleaning process
about to run program [/tmp/clean.sh] with 1 args
rm: can't remove '/data/app/eu.chainfire.supersu*.apk': No such file or directory
rm: can't remove '/data/app/eu.chainfire.supersu.pro*.apk': No such file or directory
>>> Writing Data & System
about to run program [/sbin/busybox] with 5 args
about to run program [/tmp/sqlite3] with 3 args
Error: unable to open database "/data/data/com.htc.opensense.social/databases/stream.db": unable to open database file
run_program: child exited with status 1
about to run program [/sbin/sync] with 1 args
>>> Installing Google Chrome
>>> Installing Google Maps & Google Street
>>> Installing Google Music
>>> Installing Google Plus
>>> Installing Google Now
>>> Installing Google Keep
>>> Installing Google Hangouts
>>> Installing Google YouTube
>>> Installing Google Drive
>>> Installing Dropbox
>>> Installing ES File Explorer
>>> Installing Facebook
>>> Installing Adobe Flash Player
>>> Installing Adobe Reader
>>> Installing Twitter
>>> Installing Sense 5 Toolbox & Xposed
>>> Creating toolbox symlinks
>>> Creating additional symlinks
>>> Installing busybox
about to run program [/system/xbin/busybox] with 4 args
>>> Setting permissions
ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/xbin/su to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint

Installer Error (Status 7)

End at : Sat Mar 15 04:51:50 2014

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Didnt read, but:

>>> Setting permissions
You need TWRP 2.6.3.3 or later for (most) 4.4 ROMs.

The second! 1.28.401.7

abdoulwane

Feb 28, 2011
:cyclops: I ran the RUU.exe file.. (RUU M7 UL JB 50 HTC Europe 1.28.401.7 Radio 4A.13.3231.27 10.31.1131.05 Release 310878 Signed) and it went through confirmation screens then.... Error: UNKNOWN ERROR.

I proceeded with the RUU.ZIp (of RUU Zip M7_Google Edition_4.4_3.58.1700.5) . (506184 bytes in size)

It was successful as before.. performed the 4.4.2 update.... but STILL no luck with TouchScreen... Have I messed up my device permanently?

:(

or shall attempt to make x.401.xxx work first? and see if that would restore my device fonctionality??

ok, but what does "it" refer to?

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
:cyclops: I ran the RUU.exe file.. (RUU M7 UL JB 50 HTC Europe 1.28.401.7 Radio 4A.13.3231.27 10.31.1131.05 Release 310878 Signed) and it went through confirmation screens then.... Error: UNKNOWN ERROR.

I proceeded with the RUU.ZIp (of RUU Zip M7_Google Edition_4.4_3.58.1700.5) . (506184 bytes in size)

It was successful as before.. performed the 4.4.2 update.... but STILL no luck with TouchScreen... Have I messed up my device permanently?

or shall attempt to make x.401.xxx work first? and see if that would restore my device fonctionality??

1- are you on Win 8.1?

2- i thought you said the touchscreen being messed up, was due to an unnamed offspring :)

Reactions: abdoulwane

abdoulwane

Feb 28, 2011
I am on Windows 7 Ultimate with service Pack 1 actually.

I am suspecting one of my boys,... although I have no proof or sign of the htc being dropped. It coincided with my installation of TouchRecover (6 months ago).. and might have put the wrong version..... and have not been able to trace my steps back....

1- are you on Win 8.1?
2- i thought you said the touchscreen being messed up, was due to an unnamed offspring :)

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

I am suspecting one of my boys,... although I have no proof or sign of the htc being dropped. It coincided with my installation of TouchRecover (6 months ago).. and might have put the wrong version..... and have not been able to trace my steps back....

Win7 is good, go for ruu.zip method using the one mentioned in my guide,

no need to go through all of it, just post #1 (in particular the FAQs) then post #3 (the RUU.ZIP flashing).... no need for locking/s-on etc, just flash the ruu.zip for your MID.

Reactions: abdoulwane

abdoulwane

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks a lot. I presume this one?

RUU Zip M7 UL JB 50 HTC Europe 1.28.401.7 Radio 4A.13.3231.27 10.31.1131.05 Release 310878 Signed

no need to go through all of it, just post #1 (in particular the FAQs) then post #3 (the RUU.ZIP flashing).... no need for locking/s-on etc, just flash the ruu.zip for your MID.

abdoulwane

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks Guys, The Zip method worked.. however. I STILL do not have touchscreen functionality on the bottom two thirds of my screen. In xx.401.x for now.. I may go back to Google.. and send my phone for repair... or buy a used HTC One M7. Repair costs the same!!!!

I had trouble flashing a RUU.exe the other day, tried several versions and after I managed to downgrade my hboot to 1.44 it worked 1st time

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1- are you on Win 8.1?