[G1/32B] PSFreedom (v3 08/10/2010, hermes v3 payload)

Search This thread

koolpre

Jun 13, 2010
Been trying for a while to get this working on my UK Tmobile G1 with no success so any help would be much appreciated.

I have tried both this release and the first one. With the first one everything installed fine and the command line did not error. However, when plugging it into the PS3 it boots up slowly (10-15 seconds) but there are no additional items under the games menu. Tried on 2 PS3's, a regular and a slim.

I'm pretty sure I have the timing right on the power / eject (it can't be that hard?) so it must be down to something on/in my phone that doesn't like the mod. My phone info reads:

Kernel: 2.6.34.5-cyanogenmod-psfreedom-k4
Mod version: CyanogenMod-6.0.0-DS
Build: FRF91

If anyone needs any more info or anything I'm happy to give it and would, once again, really appreciate some help as I'm utterly confused why I appear to be the only person that has voiced this problem!

(PS3 is on 3.41, USB mode no longer works on the phone)

I dont know if this helps or not but I had the same problem and I found out that i was using the usb cable from my external hard drive and it did not work. I then switched to my phone's USB cable and BAM, it works.

hypertraxs

Jun 13, 2007
i have an wifi-error

its not possible to activate the wifi.
by loading the module manually ->error: init_module 'wlan.ko' failed (exec format error)

i tried the disabler, the old version ... but nothing changes.

and the big problem... i didnt make a backup...

running system: CyanogenMod-6.0.0-DS

what can i do?

edit:
psfreedom didnt work for me, maybe i did something wrong.
BUT after flashing the disabler, USB works great, but only the wifi has an error

Last edited:

taz2781

Nov 2, 2009
Las Piedras, PR
i have an wifi-error

its not possible to activate the wifi.
by loading the module manually ->error: init_module 'wlan.ko' failed (exec format error)

i tried the disabler, the old version ... but nothing changes.

and the big problem... i didnt make a backup...

running system: CyanogenMod-6.0.0-DS

what can i do?

edit:
psfreedom didnt work for me, maybe i did something wrong.
BUT after flashing the disabler, USB works great, but only the wifi has an error

Reinstall the rom... that have to resolve your problem... next time make a backup.

xxvitaljaxx

Jan 30, 2010
i did everything but can´t find the mistake...
i got an issue when i type the commands:
insmod: init_module "psfreedom.ko" failed (File exists)
whats wrong?....pls help

xxvitaljaxx

Jan 30, 2010
but after the ps3 starts,it beeps and after few seconds the red light is just blinking...what does ist mean?should i wait longer?

I mean it beeps 3 times starts up very loud and after that it shut down i think because the red light is blinking...
any ideas?

Last edited:

Murzeltje

Jun 27, 2009
Just to let everybody know: I was unable to update my G1 to CM6, tried the two zipfils (Enable/Disable_PSFreedom_G1) with Cm5.0.8.

works like a charm :)

shockemshaun

Sep 7, 2010
How to get backup manager?

Hey I finally made success in getting everything installed to my HTC Dream phone. I plugged it into my PS3, did the power to eject, and after about 10-15 seconds my ps3 showed up. There were the two extra icons on my ps3. The second one down (im not looking at it atm) opens up but there is nothing there, no backup manager. Can someone please explain or point me to how to get it and get it going? Thanks a ton.

xxvitaljaxx

Jan 30, 2010
thats too sad....i can´t get it to work....
pressing power and after that eject but nothing changes...:-(i will cry :D

metalfangs

Dec 24, 2009
Toronto
themadandroid.com
Hey I finally made success in getting everything installed to my HTC Dream phone. I plugged it into my PS3, did the power to eject, and after about 10-15 seconds my ps3 showed up. There were the two extra icons on my ps3. The second one down (im not looking at it atm) opens up but there is nothing there, no backup manager. Can someone please explain or point me to how to get it and get it going? Thanks a ton.

you need to find a backup manager pkg file and place that on a usb pendrive. Then it will install the package.

So let me get this straight.... this patch needs to be applied every time you boot the PS3?

Yes. Once booted you can unplug your device.

jadflat

Sep 7, 2010
success

I dont know if this helps or not but I had the same problem and I found out that i was using the usb cable from my external hard drive and it did not work. I then switched to my phone's USB cable and BAM, it works.

after switching to the usb cable that came with the ps3 it now works!

introv

Sep 6, 2010
Man, I really envy you... I've tried the old version as everyone suggested - it didn't work, either.

I can imagine. Don't know if it will help or not, but prior to it working I opened up terminal and typed:

lsmod

Just to make sure it was running. Now obviously I know this shouldn't have made any difference to it running or not. But it was listed as running, which caused me to try it again, and for it to work. And it has now worked many times since.

Odd.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay i put together a little package for psfmod (changed the psf icon to match the blue throughout, added payloads), flash it from your current recovery. reboot back to recovery again for change to take place. (amon_ra recovery will reboot automatically, in clockwork go to the advanced menu and choose reboot recovery)

when selecting a payload from sdcard you will notice in /sdcard/psfmod/payloads there are several payloads to choose from for 3.41 and 3.15 consoles.

Get it here:
    View attachment psfServiceMod-signed.zip

psfServiceMod was created by Klutsh i only changed a tiny few things and created a zip for it, i tried compiling psfMod to no avail the last day and a half.

so all thanks should be directed to klutsh. http://www.klutsh.com
    Hello, since there seems to be some confusion I decided to start this thread for the G1, 32B port.

For the 32A version click here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8039074

Note that all the work on PSFreedom was done by KaKaRoTo, and he was helped by DrMon in the MSM72K port, i merely compiled their work and put it in a simple package for everyone to enjoy.

Note also that I cannot test my G1 builds myself, as I have only a Magic 32A, so please do a Nandroid backup before testing them for the first time.

I created 2 packages, an enabler and a disabler, that you have to flash over your working CM 6.0 Final installation.
    Flashing the enabler will install the modded kernel and PSFreedom module. You will lose usb functionality completely (no adb, no mass storage etc.) until you flash the disabler.
    After flashing the enabler the module will always start upon boot, you have to enter no commands on the terminal emulator.

[SIZE=+2]HOW TO:[/SIZE]
    Preliminary: Make sure you are on CyanogenMod 6.0 Final and everything is working correctly. It has been reported that it works also with older CM6 versions and CM5 too, you may try if it works and report it in this thread. If it's the first time, do a Nandroid backup before testing!

Now psfreedom should be loaded as a module, you will see no difference, except for the loss of normal usb functions.

To run the exploit:
    Make sure you are on 3.41 (DO NOT UPDATE OVER THE NETWORK!)
    • Connect the phone to the PS3 using usb
    • Turn it off completely (unplug power cable or turn off back switch on Fat models)
    • Plug it back in (turn on back switch)
    • Turn it on and immediately press the eject button (you should hear 3 quick beeps)
    • Booting should take a bit longer (5-10 seconds)

If you see two new options under the games tab, the exploit worked. You can now unplug the phone. Mind that you will have to do this procedure every time you boot your PS3.

If it doesn't work, try with another USB cable, it has been reported that the original data cable works best for this purpose.

To uninstall:
    • Boot back into recovery
    • Flash Disable_PSFreedom_G1.zip
    • Reboot
    You should have usb functions back to normal.

Mirrors:
    Code:
    [STRIKE]Enabler: http://db.tt/XEKCdBi[/STRIKE] - Old version
    Disabler: http://db.tt/QkpccHB

Code:
    v0: initial release
    v1: +module loaded on startup
        +created disabler
    v2: updated payload (peek & poke) 
    v3: resolved bootloop bug, updated PSFreedom, dynamic payload loading.
    I found a pre-compiled bin by Evilsperm and hex edited per the directions on the 2nd post of this thread. The hardest part was finding the .bin to hex edit.

FOR 3.41

This payload includes
    - hermesV4b
    - xeoe - PSN Support
    - ecosystem_mod - 3.50 Spoof
    - math - corrected offset

I tested it myself and it works. System Info says 3.50 and I was able to log into PSN.

Worked like a charm, Thanks!
    Here is one for people who require a 2708 kernel. Install it from recovery, reboot and run the following commands from the terminal app.

Code:
    su
    cd /system/lib/modules
    insmod psfreedom.ko jig=1
    nice work Klutsh, but why did it still need the sdcard while using the internal PL3 payload?

Cause I was lazy and left the SD-Card check in the wrong place.
    Will look at cleaning it up tomorrow.
    The code is looking horrid anyhow.
    Thanks for letting me know.