Originally Posted by DJTJ
Hey devs, lets start cranking this baby out. Lets do some research, and find out what he need to get W8 on the G Tablet
Please details, or possible obstacles you find, or feel
Well, this has been answered before, but just to make you happy...the closest you will ever get to seeing Win 8 on a gTab is if you play a YouTube video of it.
Won't be possible for numerous reasons:
1. Doesn't meet the hardware specs (too little ram, too little storage, missing various pieces of hardware, screen res way too low, etc)
2. Unlike Android (which is open source), Windows is not...MS would be all over anyone butt if they tried to modify it for another device
3. MS has already stated Win8 (RT) will only come pre-installed on OEM devices meaning the OEM's build will be specific to their hardware
4. We can't even get drivers for our current hardware on Android...how do expect to get Windows ones for it??????
5. I could go one, but I hope you get the point