[Q] Rooted Note falling into bootloop after CWM Install

Search This thread

WeezyWombat

Mar 9, 2014
Alright. This was very confusing to identify why this was happening, but I managed to pin point the steps which caused it to happen.

I am running 4.4 Kit Kat firmware, I also just recently rooted the phone through CF Autoroot. The next move I wanted to make was to install the CynogenMod ROM, but I did not have a custom recovery installed yet. After downloading the ROM manager app, I installed/flashed CWM and the app read that I had it as my set recovery, so I could check that off the list.

However when I try to boot the phone into recovery mode CWM does not appear at all, but instead the android logo appears with three lines of words that read:

Recovery Booting
Recovery is not Seandroid enforcing
Set warranty bit: recovery

The screen remains like this for a couple of seconds, then shuts off, then repeats. The only way I have been able to fix it is by flashing the stock firmware again through Odin, then rooting the phone the same way I did previously. It seems that setting my recovery to CWM in ROM manager is the cause of this problem, but why? Should I install CWM through other means? Is it ROM manager?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Alright. This was very confusing to identify why this was happening, but I managed to pin point the steps which caused it to happen.

I am running 4.4 Kit Kat firmware, I also just recently rooted the phone through CF Autoroot. The next move I wanted to make was to install the CynogenMod ROM, but I did not have a custom recovery installed yet. After downloading the ROM manager app, I installed/flashed CWM and the app read that I had it as my set recovery, so I could check that off the list.

However when I try to boot the phone into recovery mode CWM does not appear at all, but instead the android logo appears with three lines of words that read:

Recovery Booting
Recovery is not Seandroid enforcing
Set warranty bit: recovery

The screen remains like this for a couple of seconds, then shuts off, then repeats. The only way I have been able to fix it is by flashing the stock firmware again through Odin, then rooting the phone the same way I did previously. It seems that setting my recovery to CWM in ROM manager is the cause of this problem, but why? Should I install CWM through other means? Is it ROM manager?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

What recovery version are u flashing

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Reactions: WeezyWombat

Top Liked Posts