[Q] Upgraded Glide to ICS - now pretty much everything won't work

Search This thread

swingwise

Nov 7, 2010
My Captivate Glide has to last me 6 more months, but hardly any apps work in ICS. To be fair, it would hardly make phone calls on Gingerbread. In fact, I'd press call, and from 5 to 60 seconds later, it would make the call. Occasionally longer! Well, I was sick of that so I decided to try ICS. Got it to work through Odin3 (Samsung's software is not useful) and here it sits, not doing much of anything. Kindle, Maple Audio, MyFiles, Astro File Manager, Flixster, Task Manager, and a bunch of other apps just won't work. I've searched the forums, and the only bug I've found discussed is the keyboard backlight (which works perfectly). I do not want to downgrade. If anyone has any solutions, I'd greatly appreciate the help? (The only apps that seem to work are Fruit Ninja, email apps, Flashlight LED, and a few others. Battery gets hot, too.

lasuazo

Aug 10, 2013
My Captivate Glide has to last me 6 more months, but hardly any apps work in ICS. To be fair, it would hardly make phone calls on Gingerbread. In fact, I'd press call, and from 5 to 60 seconds later, it would make the call. Occasionally longer! Well, I was sick of that so I decided to try ICS. Got it to work through Odin3 (Samsung's software is not useful) and here it sits, not doing much of anything. Kindle, Maple Audio, MyFiles, Astro File Manager, Flixster, Task Manager, and a bunch of other apps just won't work. I've searched the forums, and the only bug I've found discussed is the keyboard backlight (which works perfectly). I do not want to downgrade. If anyone has any solutions, I'd greatly appreciate the help? (The only apps that seem to work are Fruit Ninja, email apps, Flashlight LED, and a few others. Battery gets hot, too.

Wow, sounds like a bad flash, or something really messed up going on... Have you tried flashing dman´s stock ICS? Or maybe one of the KK Roms? A really handy guide is located in general with step by step instructions :good: