Best buy price match for note 2

Search This thread

midmofan

Feb 25, 2011
Its important to note the distinction between what a BB store manager might do for you and what the official policy is.

The official matching policy that starts tomorrow says BB does NOT match prices on on contract phones.

Now historically BB managers have had broad discretion on matching in their store, but I know there where week long meetings this week in our area where one of the topics was to have all stores behave the same since it has been causing a lot of customer dissatisfaction when store #1 does not match, but store #2 -10 minutes away - does match.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
As long as you have your receipt and can tell them who has it cheaper they will also look it up for you, verify it and give you the difference

not necissarly. i bought my phone and 3 weeks later i took in my receipt saying that i saw a cheaper price online(bbmobile) and if they could price match it. The manager on duty looked it up and saw the price. then he spoke to his boss and told me that he couldnt price match it for 149.99. i told them that they had priced matched the same website before but to now avail. i guess it depends on the manager on duty......o well

midmofan

Feb 25, 2011
Have them call on that. As stated a few pages ago, Best Buy has changed their policy to price match all online prices. There were no exceptions

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD

Unforunatly, there are exceptions including on-contract cell phones which are NOT matched and only the online sites set out in the policy are matched, not "all" online prices.

Here is the actual policy from BB's site:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global/...01/pcmcat290300050001.c?id=pcmcat290300050001

Last edited:
Reactions: crzycrkr

HTCRyan

Oct 27, 2009
Spring, TX
You know I would not mind BB's policy, whatever it is, if they were just consistent. But it varies from store to store and even employee to employee.

Exactly right. I was able to get the$199 Amazon price matched, but not without a fight. l called in the A.M. and was told yes, got there in the pm and was told no. Got manager involved and was able to get match but was told Best Buy does not match mobile devices... Complete B.S.

Gr8gorilla

Jan 29, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
Me and my wife were able to get Best Buy to price match Amazon during the 69.99 Galaxy Note 2 promotion. The funny thing about it is through a a major screw up on Sprint's part, we ended up getting Sprint to match that price themselves. The story is too long but a summary is that I ordered the phones through Sprint and tried to cancel them and instead the Rep completed the order. Because of the automated process the order couldn't be cancelled. I emailed every Sprint exec. whose number I could find and the next day got a call back from a Sprint Executive offering to give me the two phones for $69.99 each.

Top Liked Posts