Blocking ads?

Search This thread

Apr 11, 2010
I can't seem to find any apps in the Market that black ads.
Does anyone know how to do it?

I am currently running CM10.1. I didn't have any ads running ViperROM 1.2. Is there any way to block them?

El Ha$on

Mar 9, 2009
NYC
I think the play store took away apps that could blocks apps. If I'm not mistaken you need sideload it

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

Nov 21, 2012
Download f-droid that is an alternative market for open source apps. It has ad-away which is the best one(dont get adblock its a stupid method and always needs to be running)

Reactions: CharliesTheMan

CharliesTheMan

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
HOST file is the way to go I use the same file on my computers...

CharliesTheMan

HOST file is the way to go I use the same file on my computers...

I was actually wondering about that Zone. The host files I've modified on the PC have always been related to using software features.

For ad blocking are the host files the same regardless of if its on a desktop PC or mobile phone, or is the one we use identical to desktop browsers?

Since mobile sites have a different m.example.com URL often I didn't know if the host files were different.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I was actually wondering about that Zone. The host files I've modified on the PC have always been related to using software features.

For ad blocking are the host files the same regardless of if its on a desktop PC or mobile phone, or is the one we use identical to desktop browsers?

Since mobile sites have a different m.example.com URL often I didn't know if the host files were different.

HOST file to my knowledge is the same across all platforms including Windows, OSX, iPhone, Android and probably Linux. The same file can be used for all of them. My HOST only blocks like ads.example.com so yes if you wanted to block a m.example.com you would have to add that but wouldn't hurt say Windows.

Reactions: CharliesTheMan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download f-droid that is an alternative market for open source apps. It has ad-away which is the best one(dont get adblock its a stupid method and always needs to be running)

HOST file to my knowledge is the same across all platforms including Windows, OSX, iPhone, Android and probably Linux. The same file can be used for all of them. My HOST only blocks like ads.example.com so yes if you wanted to block a m.example.com you would have to add that but wouldn't hurt say Windows.