What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

msi233

Apr 11, 2010
I used Energy for a while and it is the most powerful rom with bundle of features that HTC should include in the next release.

In your ROM, I found the CHT Lockscreen is really helpful. Is it possible if can invoke Lockscreen manually, like press the PTT button? Or can we create a shortcut in Start Menu for that purpose?

Regards,

XITruthiX

Mar 18, 2010
yup. reverted back to stock and it seems to work, reflashed to dinik.jun11 which was once stable and does NOT load Sense at all... seems dinik.jun19 did something funkay... help plz

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
i installed the latest version and notice a few problems.

1-the lock screen as mentioned (hopefuly it will get fixed soon).
2-notification issue. when the calender put a notification, the whole unit just freeze and I have to reset it to get it to work.

Psychobaby69

Apr 30, 2009
Tempe, AZ.
Before i get into the probs I am having I first wanted to thank Energy for his awesome work and also the members here who I see contribute their time and knowledge to help others out..y'all rock! Thank you!

I had flashed the June 11th 23569 Dinik/Cookie 2.5 Sense ROM to my phone a couple of days after it came out.(Yes ran Task 29 first) I loved the look of it and honestly I don't care too much about speed so if it ran a bit slow no biggie. but what I did notice was this:

1) my location didn't work unless I used wifi
2) I couldn't tether to use Firefoxor even IE but could to Safari (ya ya I
know weird huh?)
3) SIM manager not working at all brings up My Number and quits
program by itself and goes back to home screen.
4) Internet wouldn't work consistently and for some reason I couldn't go to
Facebooks full site from Opera 10 anymore and had to use Skyfire instead.

Figured I would give it a few days and see what happened. Tried doing a hard reset after SR did nothing still had the same issues so decided to try a diff ROM Did task 29 once again and went this time to 23569 MaxSense 2.5 sense June 12th. Same issues but now my email won't DL . I keep getting an error stating that it "can not connect to the server at this time and to check my internet connections". Grrr! Decided to give it a couple of days too and see if it would settle or whatever. Same problems so yesterday I decided to go back to the ROM in my sig...23569 sense 2.5 Cookie May 28th....(task 29 once again and HR after rom)problems are all still there with the exception of not being able to tether using firefox as my browser...FTW??!!
I called tmob to see if there was maybe an issue on their end but they say all looks fine...and no of course I didn't tell them I had unlocked my phone and was using a custom ROM :rolleyes:
I am thinking that maybe I have to go back to the stock rom and start over again...ugh! But wanted to ask if anyone has had these issues? i know some people have had tether issues and my location as well but thought these were on the later Roms (the June ones)
I don't get it! could any of this be due to my sim card? Do they I dunno go bad? I am at a loss here and any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

dancnpete

Feb 3, 2007
for those who have problems with the latest roms

It seems a lot of people are having a problem with this latest rom. It also seems like this latest rom is doing something to the SD card as well because it is effecting older roms as well. I experienced a lot of the problems people are experiencing and I finally got everything working except for some strange reason twitter through sense. What finally worked was someone suggested I remove XDA_UC from my sd card. I did one better and removed everything from my card. Backed it all up on my pc, formatted the card, flashed from the card and slowly started adding things. Like I said before didn't experience any issues till I tried to connect to twitter. When I did i disabled sense, deleted the twitter info from windows\htc\ folder and restarted sense. once it loaded I quickly jumped over to the settings tab and disabled twitter. hope this helps some of you guys experiencing problems.

Firethorn

Feb 12, 2010
I used Energy for a while and it is the most powerful rom with bundle of features that HTC should include in the next release.

In your ROM, I found the CHT Lockscreen is really helpful. Is it possible if can invoke Lockscreen manually, like press the PTT button? Or can we create a shortcut in Start Menu for that purpose?

Regards,
This is what I use..works great for mapping soft and hard buttons (even PTT).

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=554240

dazkeirle

Jun 20, 2009
I had lots of freezes with the June 11th, to the extent where I'm getting sick of all the customisation at the expense of usability so I'm gonna give reference a try, old school style.

Hopefully stability will be better, and it still has cookie!

Psychobaby69

Apr 30, 2009
Tempe, AZ.
It seems a lot of people are having a problem with this latest rom. It also seems like this latest rom is doing something to the SD card as well because it is effecting older roms as well. I experienced a lot of the problems people are experiencing and I finally got everything working except for some strange reason twitter through sense. What finally worked was someone suggested I remove XDA_UC from my sd card. I did one better and removed everything from my card. Backed it all up on my pc, formatted the card, flashed from the card and slowly started adding things. Like I said before didn't experience any issues till I tried to connect to twitter. When I did i disabled sense, deleted the twitter info from windows\htc\ folder and restarted sense. once it loaded I quickly jumped over to the settings tab and disabled twitter. hope this helps some of you guys experiencing problems.

I think I will try reformatting my SD card as well...and if that doesn't work then I might try what Dazkeirle is saying below

I had lots of freezes with the June 11th, to the extent where I'm getting sick of all the customisation at the expense of usability so I'm gonna give reference a try, old school style.

Hopefully stability will be better, and it still has cookie!

Can you report back and let us know your opinion on the reference rom?

dazkeirle

Jun 20, 2009
sure so far so good, no freezes yet at all.

Takes a bit of used to going back to oldschool but it's actually not as bad as i remember, cookie on top is working fine.

Most of the issues i had before werre related to when i was using messaging so we'll see.

One thing that is worth mentioning is that on the images it shows weather working in reference, that's wrong, i find nowhere i can select weather details.

Something i think i may miss, owning an Axolotl i need to know the temp outside :)

Also going back to the larger icons on menus takes a bit of getting used to, but I can always mod that back.

TBH how many of the bundles software packages do i actually use anyway? I'm more interested in getting the core updates in these ROMs which i think reference has.

Also will need to put the upper icons back as by default no percentage, how lame.

Last edited:

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
For those of you seeing a lot of these wierd issues reported recently you might just try a May 16th (My preference) or may 28th ROM (Others use those) if you want the full ROM with apps. There are mirrors with older roms just search the thread.

They have been stable and lack the freezing and other odd issues.

mobb315

Mar 18, 2009
i have a question for u guys with sd card problems...are u running task29 with your sd card in your phone? i ask because i had a very similar problem a few weeks ago.

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009
I had exactly the same, drove me crazy yesterday...
My solution: Copy important files from SD to PC; format SD and try again...
It worked for me!

Formatting sd card is a good idea every once in a while as I also did couple mths back but if problem still persists and smone too lazy like me to format then try deleting Application Data folder from the sd card via card reader. It worked for me and shld work for everbody else.

groggrog

Oct 13, 2003
CHT Lockscreen Replacement?

I'm having the same problem with the latest round of ROM's and it still seems related to the CHT lockscreen. Does anyone know how to replace just lockscreen with a different (working) one and still use the Cookie ROM?

hey if anyone's interested, im testing a cab that i put together of a combination of tweaks designed to try to get an increase of speed out of the tp2, it has at0ms d3d driver, gfxboost, and various reg tweaks, it should have no negative side effects(that i can see) and can be uninstalled if you so choose too. i set it up around the energy rom, so thats why im posting it here.
View attachment 346900 btw, soft reset after.
(oh and by using the tweaks in this cab, cht is nice and smooth for me)

I need to know how to manually uninstall/revert it as it's causing a massive battery drain and it will not uninstall itself. Tried re-installing, but it still cannot be removed. What exactly does this cab do, and what do I need to do to change it back? Thanks.

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009
hey if anyone's interested, im testing a cab that i put together of a combination of tweaks designed to try to get an increase of speed out of the tp2, it has at0ms d3d driver, gfxboost, and various reg tweaks, it should have no negative side effects(that i can see) and can be uninstalled if you so choose too. i set it up around the energy rom, so thats why im posting it here.
View attachment 346900 btw, soft reset after.
(oh and by using the tweaks in this cab, cht is nice and smooth for me)
I need to know how to manually uninstall/revert it as it's causing a massive battery drain and it will not uninstall itself. Tried re-installing, but it still cannot be removed. What exactly does this cab do, and what do I need to do to change it back? Thanks.

Its been 24hrs since I have installed the pyrorob cab my roms maxsense ui dtld. in sig. my device working fine n feels faster and responsive than before... since this cab copies gfx boost applcation to device I felt Opera10 which I use is now faster in rendering graphics in web pages and also refreshing pages are less time taken.

Besides I have also noticed it keeps the free memory at 25/30mb figure as compared to 15mb before. I have not noticed any extra battery drain as such and not tried to uninstall it as it is working fine. Thanks Pyro!

Last edited:

Attachments

• ScreenShot3.jpg
    ScreenShot3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 72

cpenticuff

Oct 26, 2009
USA
Its been 24hrs since I have installed the pyrorob cab my roms maxsense ui dtld. in sig. my device working fine n feels faster and responsive than before... since this cab copies gfx boost applcation to device I felt Opera10 which I use is now faster in rendering graphics in web pages and also refreshing pages are less time taken.

Besides I have also noticed it keeps the free memory at 25/30mb figure as compared to 15mb before. I have not noticed any extra battery drain as such and not tried to uninstall it as it is working fine. Thanks Pyro!

I am using this cab and am seeing positive results as well. The phone is more responsive, and I have gone ~10 hours without a lockup, which is a record by about 8 hours using this version of the rom for me.

I also disabled arkswitch after having read a few posts saying it could be conflicting with certain things. I can't say for sure that disabling it has helped, but things are working fine without it.

Last edited:

Guitar100

Jun 16, 2009
Florida
For those of you seeing a lot of these wierd issues reported recently you might just try a May 16th (My preference) or may 28th ROM (Others use those) if you want the full ROM with apps. There are mirrors with older roms just search the thread.

They have been stable and lack the freezing and other odd issues.

I agree 100%.......I`m using May28 and it is silky smooth.Fast and no freezing.

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009
I am using this cab and am seeing positive results as well. The phone is more responsive, and I have gone ~10 hours without a lockup, which is a record by about 8 hours using this version of the rom for me.

I also disabled arkswitch after having read a few posts saying it could be conflicting with certain things. I can't say for sure that disabling it has helped, but things are working fine without it.

Yes, forgot about the arkswitch... mine is also disabled (I removed .lnk file frm startup.) after couple days rom flash. As maxsense has the information widgets for the memory n battery and for running applications I use task manager assinged to long press start button via Xbutton.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium) device.

This ROM only works on GSM devices, flashing to a CDMA device will make it non-bootable (flash a stock, or CDMA specific ROM, to recover from that).

I do make a CDMA version (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc) and that's found here!

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy
      smile.gif

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ?
      smile.gif
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
    I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

Rom Self Help Hotfix...

BTW, the rom is easily fixed with the addition of TWO missed dll's & one MUI.
    HTCSensorService.dll
    HTCSensorSDK.dll
    AccelerometerCalibrator.exe.0409.mui

Using the attached cab will fix all issues with the rom.

Those three added to my rebuild & perfecto....Well, there's still a pesky .net issue from time to time, but I think that is from these different net versions.
    Leaving...

After several years enjoying the evolution of Windows Mobile since version 6.0 with Sleuth ROM running on the first Tilt, later on moving to the Fuze and finally to the Tilt2, I am leaving the scene.

I've been playing with Android, and I liked the ability to change and customize it the same way we do with WM, plus the thousands of applications available.

Therefore, I sold my Tilt2 and got an Android phone. I feel a little bit awkward doing it, but the lack of significant developments on the WM 6.x front has been bothering me.

I hope someone will keep the FAQ updated (volunteers, please contact NRGZ so that he could grant you editing rights to that post).

It was a pleasure and an honor to interact with this great community. I appreciate everyone's efforts to solve problems, push the envelope, make our phones more useful and fun devices.

A special and big THANK YOU to NRGZ, for his outstanding ROM and for his flexibility in trying to satisfy our needs.

See you around on XDA.
    Good evening fellas,

I'm a dutch proud user of touch pro 2 :D
    But I am still running the stock rom >_> Starting to annoy me to be quite honest :p

So I was looking at the forum about wich rom is the best for me.
    And as I read trough this post I would really like to download and install this rom.
    But before I do ... I would like to ask a few question:

1) I type alot on in with my keyboard out. Does this word correctly and the most impoirtant ... does the 'fn' key work? (as in: can I type the symbols on my keyboard)

2) I have my calendar items on the homepage. 3 at a time. Do these show in this one aswell? because the pictures don't show any calender items. I sync trough office 2007 almost everything. Contacs, e-mails and the most important is the calendar.

So would I have any problems with these things? or are you guys hitting your head like: dude .... why didn't you upgrade earlyer :eek:
    Joe, I'll just say this....

I'm not the type to sit there and enumerate a list of "friends" like Laurentius does. It's corny. I'm also not the type to sit there and "credit" every single developer of every single app in my ROM. I credit major contributors, like Cookie and the guys that designed the themes I use in my ROM variations. In short, I credit who *I* feel I need to credit. But overall, I'm not the "crediting type" of guy.

I know you like to get in the nitty gritty of over explaining your point, but realize you're in the minority here. I ask you to stop please. Thanks.

No more arguing about crap that doesn't really matter... This isnt the Android world where everybody has to be credited. We ALL steal from MSFT and HTC when it comes to WM. I'm sure they don't get a rat's ass if I credit them here. Most of the devs that made the little apps in my ROMs aren't around anymore, which is why I DO credit the ones that matter.

Okay, enough rambling. Please consider this matter closed.