[TUT]How to set the Ervius Visual Kitchen for Newbies HTC devices

Search This thread

whoelsec

Jan 12, 2010
Singapore
I add that part sorry for skip it

Hey thanks. Your tutorial is wonderful for newbies like me. But I still have problems...

The native kernel file I downloaded is Topaz_OEM_WM65_v2.02 and it only consists of two folders, OEMDrivers and OEMXIPKernel. I have placed the OEMXIPKernel to the folder stated in your instructions, but what about "XIP.bin" "romhdr.bin" and the "payload"? I already have these files in that folder before I downloaded the native kernel file. Should I just leave the original files there?

Another thing is the EXT folder. I really have no clue about it. My EXT folder is still empty (only with the device name and build number folder that I created myself). How do I get the content for the EXT folder?

I ran the erviuskitchen.exe file, the first thing that I noticed is I was unable to check the "Real WM 6.5 AKU" and that section is all greyed out... What is wrong?

Sorry for the long post, can you help me?

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 21

monx®

Jan 3, 2006
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Red Magic 6S Pro
@whoelsec
The best thing to do before building ur 1st kitchen is to dump ur device stock (shipped) rom to let EVK create a complete structures of ur kitchen (EXT,OEM,SYS, etc.).

xip.bin normally reside in this structure :

ROM\%Devicename%\xip.bin;romhdr.bin;os.nb.payload

then u can continue to sort it & start ur modification.

For the greyed out menus, u need to load a saved *.erv file or start new one by selecting device name, language, build, etc. the menu will available after that.

Last edited:

whoelsec

Jan 12, 2010
Singapore
Thanks! Anyway, I have given up on using EVK, and I'm now moving over to use OSKitchen instead, seems to be much more straightforward to me. Hopefully I will be able to cook a working ROM soon.

Thanks again!

tidus18

Nov 23, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks! Anyway, I have given up on using EVK, and I'm now moving over to use OSKitchen instead, seems to be much more straightforward to me. Hopefully I will be able to cook a working ROM soon.

Thanks again!

Me too... I mush have tried more than 20 times, downloaded other chefs sample kitchen, etc. Dont know where i went wrong. I kept having 2 same problem:
1. after initial progressbar (after hard reset), it gets stuck (tried playing around with wincenls and few othe advices in threads, no avail :confused::confused:).
2. If i get past that, i cant execute exe in rom as it says file missing/unsigned. I have modified mxipupdate_oemoperators_100.provxml
and also made sure the -nocert is present in bat file.

I've been wondering is it normal if the folders icons are lost even after rebuilding nbh? It happens even if no changes are made.

But no doubt EVK is kinda advanced and good, but maybe too advanced for beginners like me....

Thanks for all the great tools and knowledge shared here!!!:)

saurabh88

Dec 5, 2008
kapadwanj
Me too... I mush have tried more than 20 times, downloaded other chefs sample kitchen, etc. Dont know where i went wrong. I kept having 2 same problem:
1. after initial progressbar (after hard reset), it gets stuck (tried playing around with wincenls and few othe advices in threads, no avail :confused::confused:).
2. If i get past that, i cant execute exe in rom as it says file missing/unsigned. I have modified mxipupdate_oemoperators_100.provxml
and also made sure the -nocert is present in bat file.

I've been wondering is it normal if the folders icons are lost even after rebuilding nbh? It happens even if no changes are made.

But no doubt EVK is kinda advanced and good, but maybe too advanced for beginners like me....

Thanks for all the great tools and knowledge shared here!!!:)

and if both of u succeed in making rom with that oskitchen then just give me hint:cool::D

Laurentius26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2005
Try this tool made by Ondraster to dump a rom and get the EXT packages outside your kitchen in a separate folder:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=629190

About your first question.

What device are you cooking for?

* Oemxipkernel is device depended.
* MSXipkernel is Microsoft build you are using.

Hi. Thanks for the tutorial. I'm a noob in cooking.

I have been following your step by step instructions, but I faced two issues:

1. On post#3, I have downloaded the 6.5 native kernel for Topaz, where should place the files? It's not indicated in your post. Do I replace the OEMXIPKERNEL the the stock ROM dump?

2. How do I get the contents of EXT folder? I have followed every step given carefully, but my EXT folder is still empty...

Please help. Thanks!

dvd-d2

Aug 31, 2009
Excuse me for English.
I wonder just how trduzir a rom, I think it would be easier.
I'm from Brazil and would like to translate some roms for my language, know any tutorial?

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
No theres not a tuto for translate igigi :p

In fact you cant.... translate a ROM you must to cook it from scratch... collect all the PKGS in your lang and set your kitchen for your lang i guess portuguese... and is not so easy to get the tools in other langs than WWE.

fsubartender

Mar 6, 2008
Lake Worth
I followed all the instructions in this thread.

I have a Touch Pro CMDA from sprint.
How do I get the DEVICE ID. and CHUNK box to be filled in?

accessing

May 5, 2009
LG V60 ThinQ
I followed all the instructions in this thread.

I have a Touch Pro CMDA from sprint.
How do I get the DEVICE ID. and CHUNK box to be filled in?

Are you creating a kitchen from scratch? If you did, after you dump a stock rom, ervius will ask you to name your device. Once the name is created, rom is dumped and the new folders are moved out of dump, you should be able to select the device from the drop down menu. For the chuck box to fill in, make sure your device name is in the nbh util.xml file in the Tools folder. You can replace "herman" with whatever you named your device.

fsubartender

Mar 6, 2008
Lake Worth
OK. Fixed that.

Thank you.

I ran the kitchen and go the following error...

Could not find a part of the path
"c:\XDA\ROM\TOUCHPRO\23569\OEMXIPKernel\cecompr.dll"

I did like I was instructed. How do I fix this?

scruffy_joe

Sep 6, 2008
Klerksdorp
Ok, I followed your instructions step by step. I didn't dump a stock ROM, but I got all the SYS's and stuff that I need/want. I want to build a ROM from scratch. When I build the ROM everything runs smooth up until running platformrebuilder.exe. Right after that it gives me an error reading " '..\TOOLS\implantxip.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
ERROR! (errorlevel: 9009)"

Then it gives me another error reading "ERROR executing: kitchen_build_rom.bat
".

I have edited the kitchen_build_rom.bat file for my device.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Here's the log...

Code:
Packages Saved Successfull and inserted into Rom!!!

589 Modules present!!!

Modifing Lang on bat file...
deleting old bat...
Writing new bat...
Done...
Wait some seconds...
Executing Processes..... wait.....

Executing: platformrebuilder.exe.....

platformrebuilder.exe Executed successfull!!!

done!!!
Wait some seconds...

Executing: kitchen_build_rom.bat.....
Copying OS.nb.payload...
        1 file(s) copied.
'..\TOOLS\implantxip.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
ERROR! (errorlevel: 9009)

ERROR executing: kitchen_build_rom.bat

ERROR!!!
Wait some seconds...

No ''SVN'' folders present...

Restored Original config.txt...
Temp config.txt Deleted!!!

Last edited:

dc4life

Apr 16, 2010
Barcelona
Diamond kitchen to Raphael!

Guys, pardon me i have a question about converting kitchen from diamond to raphael. I just download wrong kitchen for raphael and my 1st downloaded kitchen was OMJ Kitchen 2.1 that i got from ppcgeek which is for Diamond CDMA. but i found something interesting about those kitchen especially for noobs like me... the folder and the packages that has been included was very great organized and i dont have to search for any required packages anymore.

My question is how i can setup those kitchen OMJ Kitchen (Diamond CDMA) to Raphael Kitchen GSM...

I wanna make my own rom, this is my first time so a lil help very appreciated..

english is not my native, i'm sorry!

gracias

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
Ok, I followed your instructions step by step. I didn't dump a stock ROM, but I got all the SYS's and stuff that I need/want. I want to build a ROM from scratch. When I build the ROM everything runs smooth up until running platformrebuilder.exe. Right after that it gives me an error reading " '..\TOOLS\implantxip.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
ERROR! (errorlevel: 9009)"

Then it gives me another error reading "ERROR executing: kitchen_build_rom.bat
".

I have edited the kitchen_build_rom.bat file for my device.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Here's the log...

Code:
Executing: kitchen_build_rom.bat.....
Copying OS.nb.payload...
        1 file(s) copied.
[COLOR="Red"]'..\TOOLS\implantxip.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
ERROR! (errorlevel: 9009)[/COLOR]
ERROR executing: kitchen_build_rom.bat

ERROR!!!
Wait some seconds...

No ''SVN'' folders present...

Restored Original config.txt...
Temp config.txt Deleted!!!

Please attache your bat file please it seems that the implantxip line is wrong... or maybe the xip.bin payload or romhdr.bin has some attributes.. uncheck the attributes of that files in ROM folder ;)

Guys, pardon me i have a question about converting kitchen from diamond to raphael. I just download wrong kitchen for raphael and my 1st downloaded kitchen was OMJ Kitchen 2.1 that i got from ppcgeek which is for Diamond CDMA. but i found something interesting about those kitchen especially for noobs like me... the folder and the packages that has been included was very great organized and i dont have to search for any required packages anymore.

My question is how i can setup those kitchen OMJ Kitchen (Diamond CDMA) to Raphael Kitchen GSM...

I wanna make my own rom, this is my first time so a lil help very appreciated..

english is not my native, i'm sorry!

gracias

Well if you have all you need... set the kitchen as the tutorial says... if you have the CDMA native 6.5 kernel.. place it in rom folder, the oemxipkernel and romhdr bin files and payload...

then the SYS as shown in the tutorial and the OEM as said ... remmeber to change the initflashfiles ;)

dc4life

Apr 16, 2010
Barcelona
Thankyou sir for such a fast reply.. maybe i'm too stupid enough to understand english. Here some pic about my kitchen...
confused.jpg
Can i do that? ripped off OEM, SYS, and ROM content and put it on my kitchen set using your tutorial ofcourse.. if not what can i took from omj kitchen since he used diamond CDMA while me is TP GSM for safe... beside Ext pkg for hTc sense.. i dont wanna bricked my devices sir!

Thanks

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
Oh i see your pick and i said... hey!! Diamond is older than your Touch pro..! :eek: dont do that...

And of course! if you set the OEM cdma into your TP GSM you will have serious troubles.. you cant mix them ;)

i see that you want this drivers... why?

dc4life

Apr 16, 2010
Barcelona
Ah i think the last sentences should explain why i so noobs about cooking hahah.. thank..you thankyou.. i thought those OEM folder is not stand for drivers. Damn! So stupid... thank you sir for enlighten me..

last questions before preparing my meal.. :D

OEM > Drivers
SYS > Windows OS build right!
ROM > ??? what is this for

oo i have succesfully flashed rom using your tutorial but only the basic packages without any mods :D

Can i do the revert sir... for example i put oem drivers from TP to diamond kitchen so i can use omj ready kitchen .. and what i have to remove to prevent any bricked or locksup since his kitchen is cdma while me GSM (i dont want to losing omj customization template)

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
1.-Ah i think the last sentences should explain why i so noobs about cooking hahah.. thank..you thankyou.. i thought those OEM folder is not stand for drivers. Damn! So stupid... thank you sir for enlighten me..

last questions before preparing my meal.. :D

2.-OEM > Drivers
3.-SYS > Windows OS build right!
4.-ROM > ??? what is this for

5.-oo i have succesfully flashed rom using your tutorial but only the basic packages without any mods :D

6.-Can i do the revert sir... for example i put oem drivers from TP to diamond kitchen so i can use omj ready kitchen .. and what i have to remove to prevent any bricked or locksup since his kitchen is cdma while me GSM (i dont want to losing omj customization template)

1.-Ok bud is no prob thats why Chef Central exist ;)

2.-OEM is device related software... it contains Control panel apps and drivers, some of this drivers can be switched, i took some of them like clear storage power and about screens from HTC Leo WVGA to QVGA thanks to some oriental friends that has resized to QVGA, but not all can be changed!!!!

3.-Right windows OS pkgs

4.-ROM is the "Kernel" part of the WINDOWS and of your DEVICE thats why it is divided in two folders OEMXIPKERNEL and MSXIPKERNEL

5.- Congrats for your first EVK ROM ;)

6.- I dont know how OMJ kitchen works... but if you want to use your TP sys ROM and OEM you should use the same knowledge there... remember you cant mix CDM with GSM PKGS