[Q] please help!!

Search This thread

iamlovingprem

Apr 16, 2014
darbhanga
firstly it was only 35 mb Free .i was unable to install new app..then i deleted tombstone and log in data and got some space...further i found a folder that i do not understand....it is data/core....i Google it but couldn't found anything understandable.... i am using micromax a116 rooted...please do reply. thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20140416-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20140416-WA0001.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2014-04-16-09-17-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-16-09-17-31.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 13

Tory Gaurnier

Mar 28, 2014
firstly it was only 35 mb Free .i was unable to install new app..then i deleted tombstone and log in data and got some space...further i found a folder that i do not understand....it is data/core....i Google it but couldn't found anything understandable.... i am using micromax a116 rooted...please do reply. thanks

I can't quite understand what your asking, but it sounds like you are running out of space, is that right?

If you are having issues with strange files that you don't know what they are taking up lots of space, I would recommend using TitaniumBackup to backup all your applications with data, then do a data factory reset, then VERY SELECTIVELY restore applications with data, ONLY restore the application data that you are 100% sure about, like games you're playing, contacts storage, SMS storage, things like that. Don't be afraid to restore apps 1 at a time checking each time that you aren't getting a rediculous amount of space being taken up.

Sometimes when things get messy a factory reset is the best thing you can do.

Hope this helps.

iamlovingprem

Apr 16, 2014
darbhanga
I can't quite understand what your asking, but it sounds like you are running out of space, is that right?

If you are having issues with strange files that you don't know what they are taking up lots of space, I would recommend using TitaniumBackup to backup all your applications with data, then do a data factory reset, then VERY SELECTIVELY restore applications with data, ONLY restore the application data that you are 100% sure about, like games you're playing, contacts storage, SMS storage, things like that. Don't be afraid to restore apps 1 at a time checking each time that you aren't getting a rediculous amount of space being taken up.

Sometimes when things get messy a factory reset is the best thing you can do.

Hope this helps.

ok...but what exactly is this core folder??

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com

Only thing I could find anywhere about it was a random thread from the Baidu forum, which Chinese translated to English via Google makes for an interesting read: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2336554174 and someone else on XDA that asked the same question but no one answered. Seems like from the Baidu thread that they deleted the files and the phone didn't break. The files inside the /data/core folder were gone after factory reset, and no one was sure what app or part of the system created the files or what they were for.

Reactions: iamlovingprem

iamlovingprem

Apr 16, 2014
darbhanga
thank you very much for your reply...i moved those files in other location to see if anything is wrong.... after using some minutes i rebooted my device... the core files didn't respawn... i just freed 387 mb form phone storage..... once again... thank you sir!!!:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Only thing I could find anywhere about it was a random thread from the Baidu forum, which Chinese translated to English via Google makes for an interesting read: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2336554174 and someone else on XDA that asked the same question but no one answered. Seems like from the Baidu thread that they deleted the files and the phone didn't break. The files inside the /data/core folder were gone after factory reset, and no one was sure what app or part of the system created the files or what they were for.