Asus P552/P552W ROM Kitchen

Search This thread

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009
i'm stuck with the same problem.
it show "Xloader CheckSum Err!
Please Reboot device"
and when i reboot, it show the Failed to load os! message???
can you give any explanation why ????
Try to change your microSDCard with a fresh formated one or try to format again your existing card, copy the .abi file (be sure that is the only 1 file on microSDCard root that starts with GM2_) and start the process again.

That error start right at the beginning of the flashing process or during flashing, after a while?
Can you see the folowing screen?

Write down here all rows which you are seeing when flashing proces starts to try to diagnose more deeply your problem.

Last edited:

cyro3

May 24, 2009
TO
Hello,
I have cracked my housing on my p552w.
I searched replacement on ebay etc... but I found nothing for p552/o2 xda zest.

Do you know, where could be spare housing?

Thanks for all of answears.

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009

cyro3

May 24, 2009
TO
Yes you are right, it is very hard.

But link from you is "Out of stock" It will be good, if new phone costs for 50 USD...

catveryfat

Dec 8, 2005

cx5

Apr 4, 2009
Cut HTC ELF's original usb headphone+mic --> direct solder to 3.5mm TRRS stereo+mic j

Hi ABM30, thanks for all the ROMs, !!!!!!!!

I request your permission to borrow your thread for below TIPS & TRICK, because your thread is the MOST_AUTHORITATIVE for p552w. If you don't want this to be here, please let me know and I will respect your decision and move this somewhere else. Thanks again so many ROMs !!!!

Hi everyone,

Sub-title = Cut original usb headphone+mic --> direct solder to 3.5mm TRRS stereo+mic jack

>>>>>>>Do at your own risk, I take no responsibility for problems, shorting, exploding phones !!!!!!! <<<<<<

After cutting the usb away, you'll find below colors and associated functions

blue = left speaker (+) --> goes to TIP of 3.5mm jack
red = right speaker (+) --> goes to RING_1 of 3.5mm jack (the RING closest to the TIP)
big copper = GROUND (-) --> goes to RING_2 of 3.5mm jack (the RING furthest away from TIP)
WHITE = mic --> goes to SLEEVE 3.5mm jack

goldish smaller wire= unknown --> didn't use it, everything works without it, strange for me thought, am willing to listen to others who have more information about this.

After MODIFICATION (receive call button works, as well as pause/play, double click to next song, triple click to previous song, specifically work on Samsung GT-P1000, may varies models to models ???, varies software to software ???)

Good luck.

Not that the sound is particular good, just wanted to be environmentally friendly, not throwing usable stuff. The earpiece rubber ring can also be removed to install others like NO-horn / NO-focusing thingy, to play / change the sound / taste / preferences. Just for fun. When without the focusing rubber, sound is louder, high frequencies more prominent, not yet till super bright killing the ears, but less BASS.

Edit *************
Cover the 50% exposing earpiece to force all the sound through the tube / focusing thingy increases over SPL does not kill the high frequencies as much as I thought, not too bad.

Last edited:

medi123

Feb 5, 2014
asus P552/P552W ROM Kitchen

Is there any another upgrade for asus p552w after 2013?
If there is upgrade pls send me link

Top Liked Posts