HTC One with keyboard?

Search This thread

alr11389

Mar 2, 2010
Madrid
Hi guys. This post is only to talk about our expectation to see an HTC One with keyboard.
I looked for a phone with keyboard that has a good hardware specifications but seems there is no phone. Sincerely, I would like to see an HTC One X with keyboard and with all the 4 cores :)

It's a shame that manufacturers forget the phones with keyboards.

HTC said that One is their new models. I want to believe it like Desire series and there will be an HTC One with keyboard with great hardware specs. What do you think?

Pr.TOSHIBA

Feb 3, 2011
I would really love that. I wasn't surprised when HTC didn't announce a hardware keyboard device in the One series, but I was still a little bit disappointed. I think that companies should be focusing on hardware keyboards alot more than they are. Really, the last awesome device with a hardware keyboard was the Desire Z/G2. The only other decent phones besides the Desire Z/G2 with hardware keyboards are Droids, in my opinion. It would be great if HTC released a keyboard as part of the One series AND as a "G3." Like they did with our device, as a part of the Desire series and a successor to the G1.

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
I'm waiting for this fall, really hoping they release a G3 or w/e. If it will happen we'll hear about it during the summer.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm waiting for this fall, really hoping they release a G3 or w/e. If it will happen we'll hear about it during the summer.

yup, it should be when they will... that is... IF they do at all. It seems like qwertys are extinct now. HTC has been changing their direction a bit lately and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make one this year. I hope I'm wrong...

silverton

Jun 7, 2007
Seattle, WA
I really like the keyboard on the Mytouch 4G Slide I bought for my girlfriend. But it's a big phone, so she has a hard time using the keyboard.

PaganAng3l

Jan 10, 2011
Tarpon Springs, Fl
Supposedly the One X will be coming to tmo with the Tegra 3 and all 4+1 glorious cores continuing the G series as the G3X. I really REALLY want a phone with a keyboard, but for the specs of the One X, I'll just bluetooth a wiimote in for all my emulator needs.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Supposedly the One X will be coming to tmo with the Tegra 3 and all 4+1 glorious cores continuing the G series as the G3X. I really REALLY want a phone with a keyboard, but for the specs of the One X, I'll just bluetooth a wiimote in for all my emulator needs.

I thought I one x was gonna be called g4x? I really hope this isn't the next g-series phone even though it has awesome specs. Still holding out hope for a g3 qwerty phone
Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

yeah, I heard it too ;) It's gonna be REALLY hard to wait on a possibly fictional G3 in the distant summer/fall when we'll have the One X and SGIII to chose from MUCH sooner! I do want me keyboard though. :(

I thought I one x was gonna be called g4x? I really hope this isn't the next g-series phone even though it has awesome specs. Still holding out hope for a g3 qwerty phone
Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Its possible (unconfirmed) whether that name will grace the tmobile usa brand name version of the htc one x or the lg optimus 4x. they do also say the one x tmousa version (whatever the name is) will ship with android 4.0 and NOT Sense 4.0.... weird huh? I like Sense but rather have pure stock and add Sense later myself if I felt like it.

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
I think it's safe to assume that qwerty phones aren't big sellers, or they'd be making loads of them. I would love a One X too though, here's hoping !

Sent from my Desire Z running CM7.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I think it's safe to assume that qwerty phones aren't big sellers, or they'd be making loads of them. I would love a One X too though, here's hoping !

Sent from my Desire Z running CM7.

yeah, in the end... it's all about money :( I really think if marketed correctly they could be just as big as they were back in the beginning of the smartphone era. oh well... HTC might pull one out this year, I hope.

MaxWiz

Sep 3, 2011
Sheffield
Yet another vote for a high spec HTC with qwerty. I cannot do without the keyboard. I bought a dhd to see if I could break the habit but it didn't work. I've even tried a wireless keyboard to go with the dhd. After a couple of frustrating weeks I through the dhd in a draw and dusted off my trusted dz.

I spend a couple of hours per day on the train answering work email and at least another hour of email at home in the evening. Often I am editing word/excel docs in QuickOffice as I respond to those emails. Trying to do this without a keyboard just isn't feasible. Surly there must be many users like me who would happily pay up to £500 for a decent qwerty HTC?!

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
Yet another vote for a high spec HTC with qwerty. I cannot do without the keyboard. I bought a dhd to see if I could break the habit but it didn't work. I've even tried a wireless keyboard to go with the dhd. After a couple of frustrating weeks I through the dhd in a draw and dusted off my trusted dz.

I spend a couple of hours per day on the train answering work email and at least another hour of email at home in the evening. Often I am editing word/excel docs in QuickOffice as I respond to those emails. Trying to do this without a keyboard just isn't feasible. Surly there must be many users like me who would happily pay up to £500 for a decent qwerty HTC?!

Same here.

Also I pay a lot of nintendo emulator, try playing a fast action game with a touch screen that was meant to be played with a screen only.

Sent from my overclocked desire z (tmobile g2) via tapatalk app

Debely

Apr 9, 2006
Kamnik
I must say I love a keyboard on my Touch pro 2. Also I must say that an onscreen keyboard on a Titan is pretty good too, only problem is that it takes visual space. It's hard to imagine a Titan with a keyboard though. Also what would that do to the weight and size of such a huge phone. Can't imagine if I could even treat it as a phone anymore. :D

ericino

Apr 7, 2007
I would love a One X with a hardware keyboard..... but realistically I don't think it's going to happen :(

If there were a case available with a keyboard like the TP2 had, or even my G2, I would definitely go for that..... I don't care if it's a bit fat, as long as it feels solid.