Htc one

Search This thread

B RAD G 296

Aug 5, 2011
I agree, htc's keyboard has been my staple since my hero. I originally got the shift to use the keyboard for gaming, but i usef it for all of five minutes for that. Dont get me wrong i dont regret my shift at all. The great roms, the freinds ive made on here, all because of my shift. I have learned ALOT with it and i cant wait to take it to the next level with the evo lte. It looks like a bad ass phone that wont be outdated in five minutes.

"Edit" changed my mind im getting a gnex:)

"Edit" SIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Can't agree more.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

drob311

Can't agree more.

Couldn't agree less... Try having carpeltunnel syndrome and using a touch screen... Some of us shift users NEED a physical keyboard... Virtual keyboards suck, they block too much of the screen... SamSUCK is just crap and moto locks their phones down tighter than a convent. I'm hoping htc can get us a slider because the new evo is just too damn big. If I wanted a mini tablet I would go buy that piece of **** samSUCK note...

Sent from my PG06100

Reactions: tt c6

vampir4997

Jul 18, 2010
Samsuck, lol. Sorry man i didnt mean to offend, carple tunnel does suck, my wife has it.

tt c6

Nov 21, 2009
Couldn't agree less... Try having carpeltunnel syndrome and using a touch screen... Some of us shift users NEED a physical keyboard... Virtual keyboards suck, they block too much of the screen... SamSUCK is just crap and moto locks their phones down tighter than a convent. I'm hoping htc can get us a slider because the new evo is just too damn big. If I wanted a mini tablet I would go buy that piece of **** samSUCK note...

Sent from my PG06100
Agreed. HTC and Sprint needs to continue to give us slider phones or I am headed to VZW and a Motorola Droid 4

vampir4997

Jul 18, 2010
No worries... I wasn't offended, just giving everyone a different perspective. :)

Sent from my PG06100

Kool:) totally agree on the samsuck thing though. All the other devices in the house i dont even let my phone go near, i dont want the suck to rub off. :)

tt c6

Nov 21, 2009
I'll keep rebuilding phones before I ever go to Hellrizon :rolleyes:

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Why do you say that?

I am not able to rebuild phones. But, even if I was, I would be UNwilling to do so.
I pay for monthly service and I'm willing to buy a phone every time there is a major advance in technology. Other than that, I'm not committing any more money or time.
Yes, VZW costs a little more every month. But, at least they LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS WHO WANT KEYBOARD PHONES.
Sprint and HTC abandoning their QWERTY customers is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Last edited:

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Actually Hellrizon doesn't listen to their customers. I was with them for nearly 8yrs personal phones, 4yrs for business lines. Had nothing bit issues with them after the first year. Was told I was a problem customer. One that paid his bills business, and personal off in full every month. About $500 monthly between both accounts. Switched to Sprint and cut it almost in half. With unlimited everything, except minutes. As for the devices Sprint offers I'll just take a wait and see attitude. The reason I'll said co.tinue to repair devices is because I love my Shift :D

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

YoungCorruptionV2.0

Sep 27, 2011
LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS WHO WANT KEYBOARD PHONES.
Lol that first part is a joke right? You honestly think they listen to their customer? Please move carriers to them and then you will see that your comment is a flat out lie. Also who said HTC and Sprint are doing away with keyboards? I haven't read anything about that so i'm guess your just bullshitting and I can't take you serious anymore. How many Morotola phones in the past 2 years have a keyboard? maybe 1 or 2. Now look at HTC and Sprint.. Its about the same. I'm tired of everyone just pulling **** out of their ass like its facts

drob311

Lol that first part is a joke right? You honestly think they listen to their customer? Please move carriers to them and then you will see that your comment is a flat out lie. Also who said HTC and Sprint are doing away with keyboards? I haven't read anything about that so i'm guess your just bullshitting and I can't take you serious anymore. How many Morotola phones in the past 2 years have a keyboard? maybe 1 or 2. Now look at HTC and Sprint.. Its about the same. I'm tired of everyone just pulling **** out of their ass like its facts

Corruption, although a little aggressive, lol :), is right. Htc sliders come out appx. every 1.5 to 2 years. Moto sliders maybe released a little more frequently but they also started their android phones with the o.g. droid so it kinda makes sense for moto to keep updating and releasing the droid... Very similar to what sprint/htc does with the evo line...

Sent from my PG06100

YoungCorruptionV2.0

Sep 27, 2011
I can only take so much before i explode :p i guess that was the breaking point after a year and a couple of months. I'm cooled off now :)

fiddy619

Nov 2, 2010
San Diego
Why do you say that?

Yes, VZW costs a little more every month. But, at least they LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS WHO WANT KEYBOARD PHONES.

Vzw really isn't the answer... Capped data and very very very high prices... Along with equally piss poor customer service...

Sent from my PG06100

Sooo, I just have a really simple question here, who actually goes out and gets a cell phone based on the carriers customer service??? Honestly, i could really care less how they talk to me on the phone, as for the most part i get better service coming here to XDA and fixing it myself, and besides the total care protection package can't really be beat, 100 bucks, and next day I've got a new phone at my door... No hassles, and the upgrade option, again can't really be beat, so if you are referring to those aspects of customer service, then i would have to say Sprint is where its at. If you are talking about how well the level 1 tech support helps you on the other end of the phone, then I'm really kind of surprised you are even posting here on XDA.

BTW not a shift user, so i'm not really going to touch that, but I will be getting the HTC One X (HTC Evo 4g LTE), as it is the direct upgrade to my Supersonic (which I will be actually hard to let go), and according to the speed tests, the Snapdragon S4 (Krait) is currently out performing the Tegra 3 chips even being a dual core.

I'm not trying to insult here, but realistically I base service on my signal strength, and where and where not i get data/phone service, could really care less how the representative "talks" his talk, as i already know what i want when i go to buy a device, as i've already researched/compared it to death, and I know with Sprint, i will have the cheapest bill, and never get throttled, or capped on service.

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
I know with Sprint, i will have the cheapest bill, and never get throttled, or capped on service.

Not really...sprint's 4G coverage is crap NO ONE can deny that. It is the worst out of any carrier period... Unless you live around a major city most likely your not going to get 4G until LTE comes out. At least that's been my experience with Sprint. I will agree with you about the CS. CS is over-rated. CS won't improve your data network coverage, or most of the issues you would most likely encounter with a rooted android smartphone ;)

vampir4997

Jul 18, 2010
I live outside of philly and no 4g. Im hoping with lte i get it

YoungCorruptionV2.0

Sep 27, 2011
I'm one of the lucky ones to have Wimax coverage and LTE when it rolls out since I live in San Antonio

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
That's also why I'm waiting for LTE by the time my upgrade is ready. With LTE I'll be able to stick with sprint and have 4G where I live.

tt c6

Nov 21, 2009
Your post is one of the most foolish I have ever read. Complete failure.
Fact: Sprint has not offered a new QWERTY since the Shift.
Sprint has not offered a QWERTY phone with upgraded hardware over the Epic in almost 21 months.
Fact: VZW is frequently releasing upgraded QWERTY phones.
Motorola frequently upgrades their QWERTY offerings with the Droid 1,2,3 and 4.

You need to watch your mouth with calling people liars and bullshitters in public and the mods should slap your little wrist.

YoungCorruptionV2.0

Sep 27, 2011
Does that mean they are done with keyboard phones? No. So you can't call that a fact. It will be a FACT when Sprint and HTC come out and say they are done with them which they haven't. So yes I CAN call you a liar for what your saying is a "fact" and why should a mod slap me on my wrist? I haven't broke any of the rules have I? Lol don't act all high and mighty. I've never had a problem with anyone on xda besides evil_dull but everyone did too

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While this debate is a little heated, I see no rule breaking here.

220px-Scan-of-original-poster-1939-300px.jpg
    If this phone is real. It will probably be my next phone
    From what ive read quad and dual core are supposed to be better on battery life, they dont use all the cores at the same time

Well we all know all now Sprint's next phone is the Evo 4G LTE.
    Can't agree more.

Sent from my PG06100