KDZ ERROR "File Extract Error." "Finished"

Search This thread

MR_Amazing

Jan 17, 2013
hey, i have an LG optimus G 97310H i have rooted my phone but now i must send it away as it is having hardware issues.
i used superSU to permanent unroot. but for some reason SUPERSU PRO is still in my applications list.
and it dose not give me an option to remove just Enable OR DISABLE. so what im trying to do is remove it. so i thought if used KDZ and installed the official ROM. i downloaded the ROM from 2 sources. and when ever i put my phone in download mode. KDZ gives me this error.
"File Extract Error."
"Finished"
any help on how to fix the KDZ error. or if i can remove the superSU another way?

**** its also not a custom ROM installed ***

Last edited:

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Reboot pc and try different usb port.

LG Optimus G E971

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
I see no any reference between "File Extract Error" and "different usb port"

.KDZ is an archive, which will be privately unpacked by update tool and if the checksum of .dz (or .tot) is ok, flashed to the device.

"File Extract Error" means .kdz unpacking went wrong.

MR_Amazing

Jan 17, 2013
I see no any reference between "File Extract Error" and "different usb port"

.KDZ is an archive, which will be privately unpacked by update tool and if the checksum of .dz (or .tot) is ok, flashed to the device.

"File Extract Error" means .kdz unpacking went wrong.

hmm mayve it is a bad kdz. do you know where i can find another one?
i tried one from the LG tool i found on here and one mirror

cellution.ca

Apr 17, 2013
Any updates for this issue? I got a LG Optimus G Pro F240L from south korea and it is stuck in download mode. Everytime I use KDZ updater I got the same error: Extract File Error

Since it's a model less common I managed to get the KDZ from only one place (lg servers).

Need help lol!

Reactions: carlospyco

carlospyco

Jun 3, 2013
Guatemala
KDZ unpack error

Have the same problem. Mine is Optimus G E977. I download 4, Official KDZ stock from LG Firmware list and very one gives the same error. I try to donwload again, and still the same error.

I also have a Optimus L7 and KDZ update function flawless. Maybe it's because the size (more than 1 gb).

Would appreciate any help

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
I think it's a corrupt download.try to download the kdz from browser,not with kdz updater.

Sent from LG E975 pwd by CM 10.1

carlospyco

Jun 3, 2013
Guatemala
KDZ unpack error

I already did. I download several KDZ files from different sites an for different countries. Nothing works when size is more than 1.0 gb. Smaller size files works well. The problem is that almost all KDZ files for Optimus G are more than 1.0 GB in size.

carlospyco

Jun 3, 2013
Guatemala
KDZ Unpack error

Could unpack several files (all of them less than 1.0 gb).

But large KDZ files (more than 1.0 gb) couldn't

Anyone knows where to get the latest version of KDZ_FW_UPD

bihslk

Dec 29, 2011
You wish to know :P
Try european open kdZ 10B

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Sorry you have not E975

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

darknight123

Sep 1, 2008
thats all i did... free 2gb and up.. run all in admin mode.. and install proper driver.. go to download mode and good to go...

No decompress, error in file!!! I dont know if it's file or the app, about the hang!!... i'd searched all the internet finding a solution for this, without success :(

If you know something else or explain an alternative, i will aprecciate it!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any updates for this issue? I got a LG Optimus G Pro F240L from south korea and it is stuck in download mode. Everytime I use KDZ updater I got the same error: Extract File Error

Since it's a model less common I managed to get the KDZ from only one place (lg servers).

Need help lol!