[Q] Restore IMEI xt912(nobody answers on the original thread)

Search This thread
Dec 8, 2013
Please dont delete this thread. There are no replies on the original thread posted on the right forum so I had no choice but posting it here.

I have a motorola Razr xt-912 that was working fine a couple of months back and suddenly one day (battery got 0) when I recharged to wake it up, it started rebooting again and again. It later occurred to me that bad IMEI or ESN make devices reboot. I checked the IMEI and it was empty, same for ESN. I went to all the famous android workshops in the city and after trying different things on it for a couple of days each of them returned saying that no one in the city can make it work. Now I googled a bit and found cdmatools but I am not able to get it started.

Now, I have the phone which no one in the city can fix. It just has to have its IMEI restored and this seems like impossible task till now. I need your help guys. I had this phone from the start and dont want to throw this beauty. Its not about its value in money any more.

zlebors

Jan 2, 2012
Jakarta
Please dont delete this thread. There are no replies on the original thread posted on the right forum so I had no choice but posting it here.

I have a motorola Razr xt-912 that was working fine a couple of months back and suddenly one day (battery got 0) when I recharged to wake it up, it started rebooting again and again. It later occurred to me that bad IMEI or ESN make devices reboot. I checked the IMEI and it was empty, same for ESN. I went to all the famous android workshops in the city and after trying different things on it for a couple of days each of them returned saying that no one in the city can make it work. Now I googled a bit and found cdmatools but I am not able to get it started.

Now, I have the phone which no one in the city can fix. It just has to have its IMEI restored and this seems like impossible task till now. I need your help guys. I had this phone from the start and dont want to throw this beauty. Its not about its value in money any more.

same here
when i dial *#06# it didnt show the IMEI number

Dec 8, 2013
Dont waste time

same here
when i dial *#06# it didnt show the IMEI number

Dont waste time in fixing this. I wasted a lot of time on this as well. I now use it as a tablet with Aviator Gummy ROM ( KitKat 4.4 ) installed on it. I have heard that telecom companies block your sim if you try to run it with a phone with bad/no imei. Havent tried it though. If you actually want to fix it, buy a broken xt912's board and replace it with yours. It will hardly cost around 20$-30$

zlebors

Jan 2, 2012
Jakarta
thx for replying..
I'm using other gsm &cdma simcards instead of Verizon's sim card

if I replace the board with xt912 (not maxx version), would the board fit on the housing?
is there any differences between razr & razr maxx? other than battery.

Last edited: