[Rom] MIUIandroid v4 ics 2.5.25 androidinsomnia 05-28-12

Search This thread

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
So using your rom all is good had 2 reboots both using browser.....giving you an update since I last posted no camera flash or anything. ...apparently I blew the bulb cause I am getting no light what so ever not even from the flashlight app :confused:.....but all in all good rom. Left stock everything (kernel and all) and running like a champ.

Sent from my Glacier using Tapatalk 2

poexone

Oct 20, 2010
Sacramento
So using your rom all is good had 2 reboots both using browser.....giving you an update since I last posted no camera flash or anything. ...apparently I blew the bulb cause I am getting no light what so ever not even from the flashlight app :confused:.....but all in all good rom. Left stock everything (kernel and all) and running like a champ.

Sent from my Glacier using Tapatalk 2

My flashlight works but getting reboots when using browser.

Sent from my Glacier using xda premium

blessup

Nov 26, 2010
Get random reboots and screen sometimes won't unlock so far lordmod kernel has fewest reboots but still there. Usually happens when toggling Bluetooth and or wifi. If I have Bluetooth on and then disable it I have to reboot phone in order to re-enable it. When pairing with Kenwood headunit I check the box don't ask again but it still asks every time. Also will be typing on keyboard and a key will stop responding happens on stock smart keyboard and thumb keyboard with vibration turned off on all of them. Other then those bugs its awesome so far my fav.

poexone

Oct 20, 2010
Sacramento
Any eta on Fridays update?

Probably not kosher to ask for an update, but I am super lookin forward to one. This has been my favorite ics mod for the past 2 months. Only thing so far that bugs is ffc.. Especially with g+ hangouts. The ffc works sometimes but then bugs out after the first fc.

poexone

Oct 20, 2010
Sacramento
Cnote i gotta say with all the fuss about paranoidandroid i had to give it go... I still prefer this mod and just miui in general.

Keep up the good work. I will donate soon to keep this mod and all your hard work going.

Thanks again!

shadowjin

Nov 23, 2010
Irvine, CA
Use this kernel instead of the default one.. its on the bottom under his 1rst post..

Tiamat_msm7230-v2.0.0-.zip

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538813

On the 28th I had one reboot than flashed the Tiamat kernel, since than its worked like normal.. been using its since with no issues. Not over clocking just using the stock settings.

Last edited:

lncoln

Feb 22, 2011
Citrus Heights
Use this kernel instead of the default one.. its on the bottom under his 1rst post..

Tiamat_msm7230-v2.0.0-.zip

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538813

On the 28th I had one reboot than flashed the Tiamat kernel, since than its worked like normal.. been using its since with no issues. Not over clocking just using the stock settings.

I'm running miui.us...tryed that kernel....and I cld barely use my phone.

ringnutz

I'm running miui.us...tryed that kernel....and I cld barely use my phone.

Literally the only kernel that makes my phone usable with ics is lordmods. I have tried all of them, and I get very few reboots, maybe 1 a week with that one, everything works, even overclocking

Sent from my myTouch 4g via Tapatalk

lncoln

Feb 22, 2011
Citrus Heights
Literally the only kernel that makes my phone usable with ics is lordmods. I have tried all of them, and I get very few reboots, maybe 1 a week with that one, everything works, even overclocking

Sent from my myTouch 4g via Tapatalk

Where would I find it? Did a search, and found the one for the dhd...is that compatible with the mt4g?

robross0606

Feb 22, 2011
Would love to use this as my daily driver but the phone call mute function is still broken. :-(

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
Dont know how to delete this sorry all

Just say, "I don't know how to delete this so here is an awesome pic instead."

82006851.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    d03656ee-9cf3-0ad2.jpg

Androidimnsomnia presents miui ics v4. A highly customized rom with enhanced ics functionality. The rom is still early in development so expect some bugs here and there.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: our awesome team dekkyy for helping me out miui for an awesome rom ans Google for making Android os and blind

What works
    Camera
    Data
    Wifi
    Phone
    Key lights
    USB. Maybe needs testing
    Face unlock needs testing
    Basically everything should work
    Except wifi calling to buggy and glitchy

Change log 2.5.25

[System]

Added when manually installing an application the system will automaticall scan the app for viruses and security issues New text editor function, press and hold on text to get magnifying glass Optimisation to expand the m-key response range Optimisation of the switch controls to replace the ideographic check controls Fix panel (lower right corner) of current task list in "Task Manager" icon to click on a smaller area Fix problem during call, cannot recognise some headphones when they are pulled out Fix Exchange FC issues

[Phone]

Added support to make two short numbers Optimisation of T9 to improve the search, synchronisation, update and import efficiency of contacts and reduce space and memory usage Optimisation of number attribution input logic Fix issues with SIP accounts causing FC Fix in some cases the underlying state error leads to FC error in Phone Fix in some cases sorting errors Fix the number of contacts update error Fix names which contain special characters (figures) cannot be directly searched for Fix part of the multi-tone word problem of low-frequency sound Fix in some cases the search will display repeated results Fix cannot display SIP/Internet phone numbers Fix in some cases strange numbers will be identified as contact problem Fix problems where two SIP phone accounts causes FC if one is not set to main number Fix FC error when invalid SIM is detected and attempting to set PIN lock code Fix in some cases ringtone errors

[Contacts]

Optimise the location and style of the contact details / avatar popup panel Fix problem when setting large contact photo avatars leads to FC Added new support (including Gregorian and Lunar calendars) to add birthday reminders

[Alarm Clock]

Optimise the alarm interface resources package is deleted will cause the alarm to FC

[Messaging]

Fix problem with messages, forwarding and copying details will not automatically exit the edit mode Fix issues being usable to set SMS notification tones

[Lock screen, Status bar and notifications]

Added support for facial unlock (FaceLock) Added support to hide screenshot notifications (See Settings for details on disabling screenshot notifications on the status bar area) Optimisation of clicking on the notification bar switch toggles Fix lockscreen password protection, when screen automatically switches off and you wake the phone the lockscreen does not return to the initial state it was left in previously Fix notification bar download progress bar background error

[Desktop]

Optimisation of folder opening speed

[Themes]

Migration of V4 themes to new server New support for themes to hide status bar lock screen icons Optimise preview display effects for different devices

[Camera]

Add picture captured effects Added two-finger pinch gesture zoom Fix during focusing process, cannot exit the camera to view thumbnail previews

[Gallery]

Fix FC issue for list of albums when pulling down list Fix problems setting desktop and lock screen wallpapers when using third-party tools (unable to crop) Viewing album picture optimised, significantly enhance the loading speed (up to 5 times more. First time app loads the cache will be rebuilt) Fix part of the image size is displayed as a problem Fix slideshow function causes FC error

[Music]

Fix when pausing music via the status bar controller, the controller in some cases disappears

[Settings]

Optimisation of pattern lock UI (increase pattern drawing accuracy) Optimise hardware keys light for 5 seconds then automatically turn off

[Download Manager]

Fix problem where files cannot be downloaded over 3GWAP/ CN WAP

[Browser]

Optimisation of new night mode interface, 50% reduction in power consumption

[Access Control]

Fix problem when access restriction is enabled the password can be bypassed in some cases

[LED lights]

Fix problem for led lights

Change log 2.5.18

[System]

New text editor function for magnifying glass by long-pressing text will show highlighted words in preview pane Optimisation to further improve interactive gestures in the text editor mode (will not display when the input box is empty when you press the cursor and optimise double-click selection criteria) Fix volume key wake causes abnormal operations Optimise text editor copy operations

[Phone]

Fix FC for three-way party calling in some cases (CDMA) Fix in some cases leaving the call interface and attempting to return to call will not work and also lead to abnormal sensor feedback Fix in some cases automatic IP prefix number is not displayed in the call interface Fix service center number with area code, call list cannot be identified Fix some models to make an emergency call in the emergency dialing interface Fix clicking the call button to dial, ending call returns to desktop Repair (CDMA) the green return to call bar shows the incorrect call time duration Optimisation of displaying the back part of the name on the call interface when the name is too long Optimisation of numbers before the cursor are deleted by long pressing on the delete key in the dial-up interface Optimisation of the green return to call bar does not display call time until the call starts

[Lock screen, Status bar & Notifications]

Added quick entry to Calendar functions by opening status bar area and pressing on the date (left of screen) will directly open Calendar Optimisation of screenshot notification, will no longer display more icons to the right of the status bar Fix lock screen display delay issues Added quick access to System Settings in status bar

[Desktop]

Added new app switching animation transitions

[Themes]

Optimisation, MIUI v4 no longer supports the old theme packages Optimisation - updated default theme preview Optimisation - Support wallpaper scroll type, e.g. By Theme, Centre, Left or Right Fix in some cases the list of available local themes shows duplicated items Fix ringtone preview process, switching to another item / page does not stop the previous ringtone preview audio Fix being unable to apply default theme status bar customisation Fix problem changing theme, long press the power button the pop-up dialogue will not allow you to restart phone for theme changes to take effect

[Contacts]

Fix cannot find partial match when searching for contact using Chinese input Add support to set the Caller ID Optimised contact details page to view contact details, such as name is too long and scrolls

[Messaging]

Unable to repair new message search for contact number Fix memory leaks result in some cases of the application slowing down or FC errors

[Camera]

Optimize UI details of photo when being used by other applications Fix FC caused by flashlight setting error in shutter zero delay mode Fix wrong status of flashlight button caused by switching application after selecting a specific scene Fix description error of the image size (should be 800 000 pixels) caused by shutter zero delay Fix description error of the image size (should be 800 000 pixels) caused by shutter zero delay

[Music]

Fix playing song does not save bug Fix problem with 4x4 widget does not sometimes refresh

[Gallery]

Added support to directly set lock screen wallpaper from application Optimisation to avoid constant decoding of 0byte files

[Settings]

Optimise the mute volume control panel volume intensity to indicate new setting

[Backup Manager]

Add support to setup automatic local backups (See Settings menu for more info) Fix in some cases restoring desktop items cannot correctly display third-party widget / icons

[File Explorer]

Added search function (See menu) Optimise load speed of file classification summary menu Fix after all files are selected in the list, the menu still shows incorrect select all option

[Download Manager]

Optimise download waiting information - show if waiting for Wi-Fi connection or if the file is to be downloaded automatically Fix data connection cannot resume correctly Fix problems pushing file from PC to download, download complete status shows incorrectly Fix problem downloading multiple files (batch)in some cases causes FC error

[Browser]

Optimise the address bar search functionality by splitting it away from the address menu Optimise tab switching in order to not block the bottom of the toolbar Optimise video playback in the browser control panel Fix night reading mode, open a new page will show display flashing

[Alarm Clock]

Fix edit mode cross-slip still shows problems Fix in some cases new alarm clock does not automatically enable Fix S

Change log 2.5.4

System]
    Optimisation to increase efficiency of loading list of installed applications
    Fix in some cases when connecting to Wi-Fi, data connections do not become disconnected successfully

[Lockscreen, Status bar and notifications]
    Fix problem setting Custom status bar notifications leads to FC error
    [Themes]
    Fix problems with themes being unable to modify the system font colour
    [Camera]
    Optimisation of image sharpness and overall quality / saturation (MI-ONE Only)

[Backup]
    Fix in some cases when recovering data operation is completed successfully, the result will be displayed as 0Bytes restored

[Browser]
    Optimisation of the rendering engine model algorithm
    [Alarm Clock]
    Optimise re-enable alarm stop and start time intervals

Linkv2.5.25 http://www.androidinsomnia.com/roms/miui-v4/

Links from ami2510
    https://rapidshare.com/#!download|6...137038|R~461E379984D34CC12384647D28FAB9EE|0|0

Face unlock zip https://rapidshare.com/#!download|7...|18569|R~88BF5A2B1BA755AE82260EE2522A6459|0|0

Link www.androidinsomnia.com/host/roms/MIUIv4/MIUIandroid_v4_2.4.27_fixed.zip

Link: fixed https://hotfile.com/dl/154274711/2e7a287/MIUIandroid_v4_2.4.27_fixed.zip.html

Md5 fixed zip: 3572de697a244df35823fb7cb95531fd

FACE UNLOCK ZIP flash in recovery

https://hotfile.com/dl/153733706/ac907ee/new_camearfix_plus_faceunlock_mode.zip.html

Devs

TrueBlue_Drew JHutson456 Cnote74 iblaststatic2020 Firesnatch Blackwing182 Option94

Testers:

boardopboy - Testing Lead

tw39515 minus21 altroy Flynn2 nicgraner Elloco305

Donations
    Damian.montano, ami2510

Link up enjoy

New rom is up full wipe recommended enjoy the rom.

Found in dhd ics thread
    Place holder for FAQ construction (ignore all this stuff, it's 'under development' until it appears in the OP)

FAQ - THE BIG PICTURE

What is ICS?

ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich - Google's latest version of Android.
    - Some of the very latest phones on the market already have it installed. e.g HTC One series
    - Some slightly older phones will eventually be 'upgraded' to ICS e.g Desire HD, but this may be a number of months away, and promised 'upgrades' have sometimes never been delivered at all.
    - If / when it does arrive for Desire HD it may not happen for everybody at the same time, sometimes it's carrier by carrier, and finally 'retail' (non carrier branded) handsets that get the upgrade last!
    - If / when it does arrive, it will be overlayed with HTC's Sense (some like it, some don't)
    - In the meantime, folks are working on getting ICS on your Desire HD BEFORE it's officially released for the phone, with and without Sense (giving you a choice)

So why don't some features work?

Well, the ICS being used on Desire HD is 'taken' from officially released ICS phones like the HTC One range, or 'leaked' ROMS from similar phones.
    However, those phones have slightly different hardware and features than the Desire HD - so they aren't exactly the same. This means that parts of the software have to be 'ported' to work on the Desire HD.

OK, so why is porting so difficult?

The Android O/S is 'open source' meaning that anybody can see the actual source code for themselves, and see how it all works. They can modify it and adapt it to suit their needs (good).
    Phone manufacturers USE Android in their phones, but they don't have to make all their own 'extra' software open source too. They like to protect their software by keeping it secret (not so good). There are many reasons why they do this, both good and bad, but it makes porting difficult.

When developers don't have access to the source code for parts of a phone, they have to write their own!... this means they have to have highly detailed knowledge of the phone, its hardware and other software components. Sometimes they can try things by trial and error, sometimes they have knowledge from a similar phone, and sometimes they just don't know.

This is the most common issue for 'ported' ROMS. Things like Power Management, Camera, WiFi, GPS etc are the things that make one manufacturer's phone stand out from another, and therefore end up 'secret'.

This does not mean that they will never work, it only means that they take longer to get working.

Who does the porting?

The actual porting is done by surprisingly few people:
    - Some guys who know 'inside secrets'
    - Some guys who are just great developers but who don't have the secrets
    - Some guys who can develop but need a little guidance
    - Some of them are 'great guys' helping the community (and keeping their own skills up to date)
    - Some of them have other motives (good and bad)
    - Some of them form teams to work on different ports

Why don't all the developers work together?

Developers are people - they have all the same issues as everybody else:
    - Some like working alone
    - Some feel that other developers standards aren't high enough
    - Some are trying to fix a specific problem that THEY want fixed
    - Some teams have different goals (one team might be aiming for a port that can work on 5 different phones, whilst another team are focused on a single phone. One team may want a totally 'clean' ROM and another want a ROM with lots of customisation options built in)
    - Sometimes, people just don't get along with each other

I thought the ROM makers did all this work?

You'd be wrong.

The ROM developers use the ported code to make their ROMs. Sometimes they can choose different components from the various development teams to build a ROM.
    Imagine a motor car:
    1) The 'developers' make the engine, wheels, steering, chassis etc
    2) The ROM Makers build their car choosing the components they need for their ROM
    3) The 'Modders' add custom paint colours, fancy headlights, custom interior etc

The 'developers' are not smarter than the ROM makers, and the ROM makers are not smarter than the modders. They just have different roles (and some people do all three roles!)

FAQ - Specific Problems

This ROM sucks

OK, that's possible, but there are 1000's of others who disagree - so maybe you've made a small mistake in the setup of your ROM?
    - Firstly, ALWAYS fully wipe your system before flashing this ROM. If you think you're smart and don't need to do this, fine - but don't complain about a bug afterwards.
    - NEVER restore system settings or apps with Titanium Backup or similar. Again, if you think you're smart, go ahead - but don't complain about a bug afterwards.

In reality, sometimes it's very hard to avoid a 'restore' with Titanium Backup, and we understand this... it's just important to understand that restoring things to the ROM (even something minor) can really screw things up. So if you have problems, always try testing with a 100% clean system. This is really important!

How do I know what's working and what isn't?

Most of the working / not working status is detailed right below the download link.
    These will typically be the BIG items that the developers and ROM makers know about. If something is listed as not working, then please don't clog up the thread by reporting something we already know.

My camera doesn't work perfectly

Did you read the above?
    The camera is being worked on. Right now, you SHOULD be able to take great photos at any resolution using the stock camera provided with the ROM.
    If you use a 3rd party camera app, then you MAY experience some problems. For the moment, please only report issues with the stock camera.

My video cam doesn't work

The video cam is being worked on. Right now, don't expect much from it. You MIGHT have some luck with a 3rd party video camera app (but unlikely). There's no point in telling us it's not working - we know. If we need mass feedback on a 'test' version of a ROM, we'll make it very clear in the OP (opening post).

MMS isn't working

A few users are having issues with MMS, but before you report an issue, please check the following:
    - You MUST have a data connection (not WiFi) in order to download the MMS content. You may receive an MMS notification (telling you that you HAVE an MMS) without a data connection, but you need data to actually download it
    - Your APN configuration may be incorrect, please check it, and if possible include what your settings are when you report an MMS issue.

The battery sucks

This can be one of the harder issues to diagnose...
    - Try with a 'clean' system first and see how it performs after a full charge
    - Slowly introduce your apps being especially careful with widgets that use data connections, but widgets in general
    - Try to figure if one of those apps or widgets is running in the background and wasting battery, or preventing your phone from sleeping properly.

A general rule of thumb is 'you should get about 8 hours worth of battery' with 45 mins of surfing, 30 mins of gaming, 30 mins of music, 10 mins of phone calls and wifi / GPS / Screen switched off at all other times.
    This is a MASSIVE estimate, but it's a guideline.

How fast can I overclock my phone?

Every phone is slightly different - just like a car. You get some bad ones, some good ones, and the majority fall in the middle.
    Your Desire HD was manufactured to operate at 1Ghz. If you go over this good luck. It can work.
    If you don't really know what overclocking is - don't do it.
    If you do know what it is, then you should be aware of the risk and reduction in life expectancy of your phone.

Do I need to add anything to this ROM to make it work?

NO - you never need to add ANYTHING to the ROM to make it work. The ROM is supplied with everything required 'built in'.
    In the very rare event that a critical bug is discovered, there will be a 'hotfix' detailed right below the ROM download.

All 'Add ons' and 'Mods' are optional - and you should verify that they are still appropriate for the latest ROM release (because sometimes, a brand new ROM is released after the addon was released and a broken addon hasn't been removed from the list yet).

Can you change the launcher provided with your ROM?

Launchers are a matter of taste - everyone has their favourite launcher.
    If you're not happy with the default launcher, it's very easy to install your own favourite from the Google Play Store, or sideloaded via an APK.
    We're sorry you didn't like the defaults, but we do try to provide the best combination of 'free' launcher / functionality / popularity for the majority of users.

Bluetooth Issues

- TBC

THANK YOU

Thank you for bothering to read this far down the FAQ. We really wish more people would do the same.
    A lot of work goes into the making of a ROM, and all we ask is that you spend 10 minutes reading this stuff. Well done!

New rom is up enjoy it.