Galaxy Nexus unable to boot to recovery.

Search This thread

silentz0r_

Feb 20, 2011
Edinburgh
Hello,

I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM. I rooted it and unlocked the bootloader using Galaxy Nexus toolkit a while ago, and flashed the 4.1.1 stock ROM (Build number JRO03C). Yesterday i received a notification for a system update to 4.1.2. I hit download, phone rebooted into recovery, i chose to flash the rom and everything seemed fine, however i'm still on the older version 4.1.1. Now, when i try to boot my phone into recovery (VOL_DOWN & Power Button) it shows me the boot screen and says "Downloading, please do not turn off" and i can't do anything. If I hit the power button again the phone reboots normally. Any ideas what I can do?

Sorry if I am at the wrong section.

silentz0r

Cilraaz

Sep 17, 2010
Volume down and power is the key combo for Odin download mode. You want volume up, volume down, and power. This will take you into the bootloader. From there, you can use volume up/down to scroll to recovery and press power to load into recovery.

stordy007

Oct 10, 2012
Kampala
That used to happen to me.....I later realised that it's Coz of the update....well simply return to the previous version of the app and re-flash without the upgrade. Hope it helps u out too.

Sent from my U8150 using xda app-developers app

3rdstring

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Hello,

I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM. I rooted it and unlocked the bootloader using Galaxy Nexus toolkit a while ago, and flashed the 4.1.1 stock ROM (Build number JRO03C). Yesterday i received a notification for a system update to 4.1.2. I hit download, phone rebooted into recovery, i chose to flash the rom and everything seemed fine, however i'm still on the older version 4.1.1. Now, when i try to boot my phone into recovery (VOL_DOWN & Power Button) it shows me the boot screen and says "Downloading, please do not turn off" and i can't do anything. If I hit the power button again the phone reboots normally. Any ideas what I can do?

silentz0r

Volume down and power is the key combo for Odin download mode. You want volume up, volume down, and power. This will take you into the bootloader. From there, you can use volume up/down to scroll to recovery and press power to load into recovery.

^^This^^

The OTA won't flash if you have changed any system files or you're not running stock recovery & radio & kernel ...

Last edited:
Reactions: beekay201

silentz0r_

Feb 20, 2011
Edinburgh
^^This^^

The OTA won't flash if you have changed any system files or you're not running stock recovery & radio & kernel ...

Thanks a lot! So how can I restore the Odin mode from applying the update? Reflash the ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

silentz0r

^^This^^