[ROM]Optimus Z based on Stock Jelly Bean {Rooted+Debloat+Extras}[FLASHABLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Re: [ROM]StockJB with a taste of Xperia Z {Rooted+Debloat+Extras}[FLASHABLE]

What version of jb is this? 4.2?...4.2.2?

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium

4.1.2. Its customized stock jb.

Can't wait for the new update. I just know its gonna be awesome.....oh boy oh boy oh boy

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: teflon252

icytrey

Mar 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

ROM is awesome..thank you. Only problem I'm having is MMS. Force closes and can't add a new APN. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net

ROM is awesome..thank you. Only problem I'm having is MMS. Force closes and can't add a new APN. Any ideas?

Can we get the stock LG launcher and extended power menu?

Finally found a modded Mms.apk with inverted timestamps :D

I notice that when I charge my Optimus G with the phone off, the screen stays on. This is with stock ROM and all the custom LG based ROMs... Any way to fix it?

Hey folks,

So sorry I've been away for a few days as we have just moved into our new house and had a lot of work to do. Just to let people know that an update will be out with aroma and options like multiple launchers, multiple MMS apps(I am aware that sending mms messages that it force closes the app), various gapps, and more... I will be including houstonn's new and incredibly fast kernel and our new boot animation! More to come folks!

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto

See above to fix Mms.apk :)

Hey folks,

So sorry I've been away for a few days as we have just moved into our new house and had a lot of work to do. Just to let people know that an update will be out with aroma and options like multiple launchers, multiple MMS apps(I am aware that sending mms messages that it force closes the app), various gapps, and more... I will be including houstonn's new and incredibly fast kernel and our new boot animation! More to come folks!

It's not a wipe update I hope!

tuananh1589

Sep 18, 2009
ROM

Any E970 user having problem with external SD card??

I have followed all steps in post 1 and flash AT&T APN/BUILD.PROP/KERNEL also
The ROM works fine but it does not recognize my SD card :crying::crying:

icytrey

Mar 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Any E970 user having problem with external SD card??

I have followed all steps in post 1 and flash AT&T APN/BUILD.PROP/KERNEL also
The ROM works fine but it does not recognize my SD card :crying::crying:

+1...ROM still kicks ass though...I'm sure it will be fixed ...no worries :p

BrockFerens

Jun 17, 2010
Kelowna
This is just a question, is it possible from flashing a rom and modem for it to change your service? I flashed the Rogers modem but it seems like I get worse service than I did on the stock rom. Or am I just imagining things?

royoshukrun

May 30, 2012
This is just a question, is it possible from flashing a rom and modem for it to change your service? I flashed the Rogers modem but it seems like I get worse service than I did on the stock rom. Or am I just imagining things?

I'm not sure about the service changing, but I didn't flash a new modem when installing the ROM and my network is great, or at least the same as it was before.

BrockFerens

Jun 17, 2010
Kelowna
Hmmm I believe the Rogers modem is different because it gives you the 2600 band for LTE which is specific to Rogers optimus Get. I could be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR
Compare real signal strength in settings about phone network. You're looking for the dbm value. It'll be structured as "-xx dbm yy asu", where the variables are whole numbers. If your reception is poor the dbm value will be three digits. The higher the dbm, the better the signal. But remember it's a negative number, so - 51 is better than - 61. It's probably just the signal bars measuring reception different.

Sent via LG E970 SlickROM v6

Reactions: BrockFerens

royoshukrun

May 30, 2012
Hmmm I believe the Rogers modem is different because it gives you the 2600 band for LTE which is specific to Rogers optimus Get. I could be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

See, is it the Roger's version that has the 2600mhz or is the network that allows it? Cuz I'm on rogers network with an unlocked bell model and most of the time my receptions fabulous. I never actually tested it though. Anyway, hopefully the new version of this ROM will maintain the standard I've been getting for now :D

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net
Waiting patiently............ NOT. : )

delivered by my customized LG E973

Uploading updates now - unfortunately I'm having issues with my aroma-config after adding modem upgrade options and a few other things and its giving me a syntax error so I'm going over line by line to try and find the issue. But for now I promised that I would have an update by weeks end. New builds and OP will be updated shortly!!! The good news is that the next updates won't require a full wipe unless you choose to do so in aroma. It'll have an update or full install options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey All,

Houstonn and I have been working on a stock release of JB that can be flashed through CWM or TWRP but we decided to throw a taste of the Sony Xperia Z into it. The ROM runs fast, smooth and looks fantastic. This build supports the Canadian variations of the Optimus G and the AT&T variation for the US with external SD support. As the title states, this ROM is clean of most carrier and OEM specific applications, however; there will be a few more to come out in subsequent updates! Please follow below for further details and updates! :)

Check it out...
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

What it has now!

-Xperia Launcher and icon set
    - Xperia clock widget
    - File Manager
    - New Boot Animation -Thank you Jank4AU
    - Sidebar Lite
    - MIUI Music Player -(Updated)
    - AOSP Browser and MMS applications -(MMS is fixed)
    - Gesture keyboard from Android 4.2
    - Xperia and Nexus 4 Notification and Ringtone sounds
    - Xperia Wallpapers
    - Rooted
    - Debloated and Deodexed
    - External SD support for AT&T

What's in the works!

- New lockscreen
    - Aroma Installer integration with many custom options (including themes)
    - Advanced restart menu
    - More to come...

Installation:

**It must be said for the sake of being said - We are not responsible if your phone bricks, blows up or eats someone during or after this procedure and you're now going at your own risk**

1. Make sure your phone is rooted
    2. Unlock it using Shelnutt's beta FreeGee found here: FreeGee-beta
    3. Boot into recovery
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Wipe dalvik cache
    7. Format system in "Storage and Mounts"
    8. Flash ROM
    9. Flash carrier specific modem from second post - Thank you Houstonn
    10. Wipe data/factory reset for shiggles
    11. Reboot and Voila!!!

*AT&T Users should flash the apn/build.prop in the second post before Step 9 above!!

*Boot Animation is quick and repeats IT'S NOT BOOT LOOPING on initial boot after flashing v1.5 - Just give it time and it will boot!!

*After you run through setup wizard we recommend you restart your phone to ensure the kernel settles. It's incredibly fast and stable thanks to Houstonn!!

*This has been tested with CWM Touch Recovery

Thank you!

- Houstonn for his dedication to the LGOG and abundance of help he has given me - As well as his remake of the stock kernel for this ROM!!!
    - sk8 for his touch recovery
    - Chadouming
    - Shelnutt
    - Mohammad Adib for Sidebar Lite
    - gentledroid17
    - Chrissyq333
    - The entire LGOG community
    - Whomever I may have forgotten, Im sorry!!

Download:

v1.6

Canadian Version - http://db.tt/G1M9s0uT
    AT&T -

Changelog

v1.6
    - Kernel recompiled with GCC version 4.6.4 for snappier response
    - New boot animation
    - UpdateMe incorporated for OTA updates from me and partners
    - Some app updates
    - Universal Canadian build.prop

v1.5.1
    - New Kernel for Canadian to fix green LED
    - CM10 MMS application with quick text
    - Code clean-up

v1.5
    - New Boot Animation
    - New Kernel (Much quicker, More stable)
    - Xperia Wallpapers
    - Xperia/Nexus 4 Notifications, Alarms and Ringtones
    - Revert back to ICS AOSP MMS.apk to fix MMS sending issues and F/C
    - Sidebar Lite

v1.0
    - Initial Release
    Members, that will be enough of the useless posting, please. Thread Cleaned & Thank You.

Can we get the stock LG launcher and extended power menu?

Finally found a modded Mms.apk with inverted timestamps :D

I notice that when I charge my Optimus G with the phone off, the screen stays on. This is with stock ROM and all the custom LG based ROMs... Any way to fix it?

Hey folks,

Hello folks,

Sorry about my extended delay. Found out my wife was pregnant and have been dealing with family and personal issues all around. My Optimus G is still sitting on the shelf with a shattered screen until I can get the 80.00 dollars for a replacement. Just to let you know I have still been working time to time on the Optimus Z ROM and with the help of my wife's Xperia ZL, I've been able to make quite a authentic ROM. Just wondering who is still out there in the G world and who wants another release for all carriers? Let me know what you guys think.

Its good to be back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Sorry for the delay but updates are up!