Bought your E4GT recently? Check your battery!

Search This thread

Dchibro

Jul 28, 2011
San Diego, CA
A thread popped up over at AC that is curious for sure. It seems some E4GTs are shipping with a 1500mAH battery. Obviously this is a mistake somewhere in the manufacturing and/or boxing process. I don't know how widespread it is, but it's worth checking, especially if you're having inexplicable battery issues. So if you bought your phone within the past couple of months, or really anytime, I'd suggest you pull your battery and check it.

Source thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...g-battery-problems-read-post.html#post1628685

Reactions: patrao_n

bryyyan

Oct 16, 2009
Ive never heard of this. Just checked my battery and I got the 1800

Sent from my Epic ass phone using xda premium

cidica

Aug 9, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Just had my friend check as he is on his way to Sprint to get a new phone he did have the 1500 so he is going to be talking to them about getting the other one.

edit,

1800 with mine as well and have had the phone since September as well.

Last edited:

z31k

Nov 15, 2010
Houston Tx
Just purchased my replacement from sprint Friday.. Its the white epic, battery 1800..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A thread popped up over at AC that is curious for sure. It seems some E4GTs are shipping with a 1500mAH battery. Obviously this is a mistake somewhere in the manufacturing and/or boxing process. I don't know how widespread it is, but it's worth checking, especially if you're having inexplicable battery issues. So if you bought your phone within the past couple of months, or really anytime, I'd suggest you pull your battery and check it.

Source thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...g-battery-problems-read-post.html#post1628685
    I bought mine Feb 3 and I have the 1800 battery thankfully. Thanks for the post!
    Yep! The other one will say 1500 which means it has less power holding capacity.
    I inspected my phone at the store on launch day and even asked to check the battery.. lol. When I got my OG Epic it was supposed to come with a 16gig SD card and the guy pulled a fast one on me and swapped it out for a smaller one. I didn't find out until 2 days later and I was S.O.L. That's why I checked everything possible on my Epic Touch

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Yeah intentional or not, there does seem to be some tomfoolery going on here, and maybe even little ballyhoo.