did something dumb...

Search This thread

jrobinsky

Oct 28, 2010
I have the mk2 version of the galaxy s4. I had a rom installed using safe strap. I am planning on selling the phone to someone so i wanted to put it back to stock before I give it to them. When i loaded the default partition and ran the stock rom when I tried to do the newest update it kept failing. So I unrooted my phone and went into safestrap and deleted the 2nd partition I would not be using. I also did a factory reset and wiped everything else. Now when I tried to reboot the phone it is stock on the screen that says Samsung and says samsung with a lock. It will not go past there. PLEASE HElp!!

jrobinsky

Oct 28, 2010
also when I do hold volume up, power and the home screen I see a flash of blue at the top left of the screen like it would go to recovery but it just resets and gets stuck.

Chouonsoku

Jun 6, 2009
If I'm not mistaken, you should just be able to flash "MK2VZW-downgrade4rooting-AIOdin-gogolie.rar" from the "4.x to 4.4.2 SAFEUp&Downgrade w Root n SafeStrap feat. 1File/Flash&Done!MK2-NC2/NC5" thread in ODIN and you'll be back to stock MK2 without root. From there you can do whatever, root it, leave it as is, upgrade to NC5, etc.

(anti-spam system won't let me use URL links, sorry!)

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I have the mk2 version of the galaxy s4. I had a rom installed using safe strap. I am planning on selling the phone to someone so i wanted to put it back to stock before I give it to them. When i loaded the default partition and ran the stock rom when I tried to do the newest update it kept failing. So I unrooted my phone and went into safestrap and deleted the 2nd partition I would not be using. I also did a factory reset and wiped everything else. Now when I tried to reboot the phone it is stock on the screen that says Samsung and says samsung with a lock. It will not go past there. PLEASE HElp!!

need to post this in Q&A forum thread