Help! Phone dead!

Search This thread

Petrit Ziu

Apr 26, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hello, in the last couple of hours i've been struggling to get my phone to boot.
It started when i tried to update my recovery from the terminal emulator using this command: "dd if=/storage/sdcard0/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096" after extracting the recovery.img from the .zip file. Then it gave me an error message saying, I think " there is not enough memory", so I closet the emulator and pressed reboot recovery from the power menu to flash it from recovery.
The phone shut down and stood like that, it didn't turn on. So I tried turning it on, enter recovery mode, download mode, but nothing, It gives no sign of life. Only when I plug in the charger and press and hold the power button for like 10 sec the red notification light starts blinking until I release the power button. Any ideas? Help very much appreciated?

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
I think your in forced hibernate. Just hold power and volume down for 20 plus seconds. Then while holding the buttons plug into the charger. Try this multiple times multiple buttons ..eventuually you should get it out. Some devices just holding power for long long time. The light should flash green after red. Not sure but each device is different. I buy phones broken. And this usually fixes these issues.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Petrit Ziu

Apr 26, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I think your in forced hibernate. Just hold power and volume down for 20 plus seconds. Then while holding the buttons plug into the charger. Try this multiple times multiple buttons ..eventuually you should get it out. Some devices just holding power for long long time. The light should flash green after red. Not sure but each device is different. I buy phones broken. And this usually fixes these issues.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for the answer, but I tried all possible button combinations with and without charger but nothing, only red blinking light.