ADB device not found for HTC One M8

Search This thread

BubooBear

Dec 17, 2012
Hello folks, i am having trouble trying to get adb to recognize my device. Every time i try to do adb reboot, daemon starting etc... And then after it says device not found. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for thehtc one m8 and yet it still doesnt work. Please help me as i want to gain s-off

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
Are you using a pc running Windows 8. That was my problem. Worked fine on an old laptop running Windows 7

KarimSalloum

Apr 24, 2012
Beirut
Hello folks, i am having trouble trying to get adb to recognize my device. Every time i try to do adb reboot, daemon starting etc... And then after it says device not found. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for thehtc one m8 and yet it still doesnt work. Please help me as i want to gain s-off

same happened with me. It turned out there was a prompt on my M8's screen asking for permission for my computer to use USB debugging. I gave it access and adb was working fine.

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
Make sure USB debugging is enabled.

When you connect your phone and use the 'adb devices' command for the 1st time your phone will give an USB debugging RSA prompt. Click ok and you will be good to go in windows 7. Just run the 'adb devices' command again (or click on the UP arrow on the KB, this will replicate the last typed command) to check it sees it.

Windows 8 - No idea :(

BubooBear

Dec 17, 2012
Make sure USB debugging is enabled.

When you connect your phone and use the 'adb devices' command for the 1st time your phone will give an USB debugging RSA prompt. Click ok and you will be good to go in windows 7. Just run the 'adb devices' command again (or click on the UP arrow on the KB, this will replicate the last typed command) to check it sees it.

Windows 8 - No idea :(

I must have missed that prompt, is there a way for me to do anything that will have that prompt show up one more time? I am running windows 7.

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
I must have missed that prompt, is there a way for me to do anything that will have that prompt show up one more time? I am running windows 7.

Turn off usb debugging. Give the phone a reboot.

Turn USB debugging on again and connect it to your PC again

Look at the phone ;) It should come up again. Make sure it is set to 'always authorise'

Type adb devices = profit

darlll

Nov 1, 2010
Turn off usb debugging. Give the phone a reboot.

Turn USB debugging on again and connect it to your PC again

Look at the phone ;) It should come up again. Make sure it is set to 'always authorise'

Type adb devices = profit

I had the same issue on my Windows 8 pc.. I was able to rectify the adv device not found issue by going into device manager , clicking on the HTC one icon and manually installing the drivers by browsing through my computer and using my Nexus adb drivers and everything worked fine after that

baumgarb

Aug 14, 2015
I had the same problem using Windows 8.1. adb and fastboot were definitely installed correctly as I already used them for flashing other ROMs on my Nexus 7. The solution in my case was to download and install the HTC Sync Manager. After installing the hsm the adb and fastboot commands worked perfectly.

Best regards,
B.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download htc sync, you'll need those drivers. Then follow grentuu's instructions.