[ROM] Stock, Rooted, Deodexed 4-18 Leak

Search This thread

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
This is for those of you who are looking for a quick, easy way to revert to stock, or prefer to update from an older rom without losing your data.

Thanks to Jcase we have a new Rom with some significant fixes for this already awesome phone. I used his RUU to update my phone, did a system dump, deodexed it, and zipped it up for easy install. I take no credit for these files, just the simple task of compiling it in this format.

I have tested this on my phone and it works fine for me, I was able to upgrade from the stock rooted rom straight after following the permaroot instructions, and I didn't lose any data. I make no promises this this will work, or that it won't brick your phone.

First, if you're upgrading from a previous rom, you need to flash the Radio using the RUU from Adrynalyn's post:
http://www.multiupload.com/2VDSQ6SBAZ
Just copy the file to the root of your sdcard, reboot into the bootloader and flash like any other RUU. This will not wipe /data, but may cause you to lose stored text messages.

Next download the Rom from here:
http://www.androiddoes.net/~sonofskywalker3/Thunderbolt/Rom/Stock_Deodexed_4-18_Leak.zip

This is a Clockwork update.zip, so just use Rom Manager or reboot to recovery to flash it. This will not wipe /data, but will remove any /system modifications (removed/frozen bloat, stock apps)

And if you'd prefer a faster download, hop over to Androiddoes.net and use the direct download links.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this.

Last edited:

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
No problem, just be aware that this will reinstall your /system partition, so if you've removed or frozen any system apps (preinstalled bloat, demos, etc.) they will come back.

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
I am safe to assume this has root pre installed, correct?

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
No problem with that, I will just unistall them. It wont delete anything there already, correct?

And it will leave my root with s-off correct?

Anything you have added to the /system partition will be deleted, but anything on /data (market downloads and most update.zip) will be fine. Any themes will be overwritten. This will leave s-off.

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
WiFi no longer working after flashing this ROM, any ideas?

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
Yeah, some people are reporting wifi issues until reflashing a kernel, there is not one built into this rom so it won't overwrite whatever you already have.

kriskmk

Jun 7, 2010
Utopia
this one still says the version is 1.12.605.6... was this built off of one of the earliest RUU releases where the OP had removed the version info?

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
yes this is the newest update but it will still show the original release version numbers as this was to protect the leakers. Its the newest leak as of 4-18

toomie05

Dec 9, 2008
California
the links seem to lead to the radio? where can i find the rom .zip? i would love to try this! thank you!

nvrm i was thinking it was radio buts it a rom file just same name*!

***yeah tried it and didnt work..

Last edited:

cmo220

Aug 26, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The Rom link in the thread definitely isn't the Rom. It's only 25mb. If you use the androiddoes site it has the right link.

oneders65

Feb 12, 2008
Plainview, TX
Has anyone had any success with these instructions. I wanna take the plunge but there are no checksums and the ROM looks small.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

cmo220

Aug 26, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone had any success with these instructions. I wanna take the plunge but there are no checksums and the ROM looks small.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

The radio checksum is on adrynalyne's site. The link to the rom in this post is not the rom, but if you click on where I think it says high speed download or something like that it takes you to another site. The ROM on that one is right and works fine.

Edit: (And if you'd prefer a faster download, hop over to Androiddoes.net and use the direct download links.) Androiddoes.net has the right file.

ukyfan

Jan 7, 2010
This is for those of you who are looking for a quick, easy way to revert to stock, or prefer to update from an older rom without losing your data.

Thanks to Jcase we have a new Rom with some significant fixes for this already awesome phone. I used his RUU to update my phone, did a system dump, deodexed it, and zipped it up for easy install. I take no credit for these files, just the simple task of compiling it in this format.

I have tested this on my phone and it works fine for me, I was able to upgrade from the stock rooted rom straight after following the permaroot instructions, and I didn't lose any data. I make no promises this this will work, or that it won't brick your phone.

First, if you're upgrading from a previous rom, you need to flash the Radio using the RUU from Adrynalyn's post:
http://www.multiupload.com/CAE5282HOM
Just copy the file to the root of your sdcard, reboot into the bootloader and flash like any other RUU. This will not wipe /data, but may cause you to lose stored text messages.

This is a Clockwork update.zip, so just use Rom Manager or reboot to recovery to flash it. This will not wipe /data, but will remove any /system modifications (removed/frozen bloat, stock apps)

And if you'd prefer a faster download, hop over to Androiddoes.net and use the direct download links.

OK I downloaded the first file, and installed though the bootloader. I downloaded the second file, but when I try installing it aborts. Am I the only one that this is happening to?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.androiddoes.net/~sonofskywalker3/Thunderbolt/Rom/Stock_Deodexed_4-18_Leak.zip