[ROM][HYBRID] BoltOfPhotons v1.2 (1.13.605.7 RUU Base) 4/20/2011

Search This thread

jadsru1

Mar 13, 2007
Tampa, FL
I just downloaded this ROM and it looks great and runs smoothly... but there isn't much discussion about it on the forum. What's the problem. what's the battery life like? and how is this rom different from tesla and de-sensed bamf ROM? thanks

azbryan3

I kinda want to try a desensed ROM but I'm nervous. :/

I have already flashed the newest rooted RUU that JCase put up, so I'm a little curious as to why I would need to flash the modified version of the RUU in the OP...

I know as long as I do my backup's I'll be able to revert should I eff this up haha!

psychomaniac189

Feb 27, 2009
Wisconsin
people usually flash a desensed rom because the sense apps suck and hog memory and kill battery faster. I really like this one cuz the clock/alarm works with the default aosp lockscreen also i got all the mods i found work with this rom. havent tried 1.2 yet. anybody get the random reboots? its not the devs fault i heard it happens in stock RUU

I kinda want to try a desensed ROM but I'm nervous. :/

I have already flashed the newest rooted RUU that JCase put up, so I'm a little curious as to why I would need to flash the modified version of the RUU in the OP...

I know as long as I do my backup's I'll be able to revert should I eff this up haha!

If you have already flashed RUU (which updated modem firmware/radio) then you should NOT need to flash the version in my OP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I present BoltOfPhotons Hybrid ROM (de-Sense'd with some Vanilla apps)
    Current Version 1.2

Stock 1.13.605.7 RUU Base
    Rooted (Patched version)

Removed Apps:
    HTC Widgets
    Rosie
    Blockbuster
    CityID
    HtcCarPanel
    HtcFootprints
    HtcMIM
    HtcMusic
    WorldClock
    Metal
    Slate
    Wood
    SkinPicker
    VZMarket
    VCast
    VzNav
    VVM
    VZW_BitBop
    VZW_Golf
    VZW_Rhapsody
    VZW_Rockband
    Slacker

Added:
    Google DeskClock
    Google CarHome
    Google Music v3.0.336
    GB Keyboard (Thanks incubus26jc/Myn)
    GB Launcher (Thanks Paul @ MoDaCo)
    Google Email**
    Motorola Connected Music
    SU/Busybox (working version)
    sysrw/sysro Scripts for easy remounting /system
    DroidDream protected! (via /system/bin/profile method)
    (why not?)

** Both HTC and Google email apps are included if you want to use this Google app for Exchange, user the "Corporate" option rather than the "Exchange Activesync" option during initial Setup Wizard

ROM is fully Deodexed and Zipaligned.

During Flash, three folders will be copied to your SDCARD.
    1) Media (contains a few of my fav sounds)
    2) lp_icons (contains my custom LP icons)
    3) Wallpapers (contains my "Brushed Aluminium" set)

Many thanks to the Devs listed above for the bits I've used. And also many thanks to all you Devs out there working hard to make this phone better than ever!

known issues:
    Menu -> Settings -> Personalize does nothing (Rosie is removed)

Let me know if you find any others!

Without further adieu:
    First I recommend flashing some bits of the RUU. I have repackaged the RUU to remove recovery, hboot, and system. Download Here and place PG05IMG.zip on your root of your SD. Boot into hboot and flash. This will wipe your data and update your radio.

Now...

Download BoltOfPhotons_Hybrid_v1.2
    Flash via CWR like any other ROM (DON'T FORGET to BACKUP and WIPE FIRST!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MOD-Pack is not yet updated for use with this build....coming soon...