[TOOLKIT][GUI][MULTI-PLATFORM] Ultimate Backup Tool v2.0 - Full backup without root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

foggiaale

Nov 12, 2012
2. What would be a very good improvement?
Am I stupid or have you forgot a part oft the sentence?
But I unterstood the second part.
I'll do my best for it.

Sorry but surely I wrote wrong...your job is Great!
I try to explain better: to use option 7 I have to know the name of app but it's not so simple!
If exist a way to extract the list of loaded apps it would be better to use the option 7.

Thanks a lot for your job and your answers!

Regards,
Antonio

Last edited:

SaldoT

Nov 14, 2012
Stockholm
Backup on Android 4.2

Hi.

Was unable to use this excellent application to backup my Nexus 7 before sending it to Asus for repairs.

Downloaded latest Android SDK, extracted adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll and fastboot.exe from the zip to where i had UBTv1.3.1 After that it worked like a charm so you might want to update UBT with the new ADB files.

Thanks for a great application!

a1choi

Nov 15, 2012
Hi.

Was unable to use this excellent application to backup my Nexus 7 before sending it to Asus for repairs.

Downloaded latest Android SDK, extracted adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll and fastboot.exe from the zip to where i had UBTv1.3.1 After that it worked like a charm so you might want to update UBT with the new ADB files.

Thanks for a great application!

I did all this and I wasn't able to back up my Nexus (GSM european model). I got a Backup Failed! message after I tried to any of the backup options. am i missing anything?

UBT is detecting my device correctly after putting my device into USB debug mode.

CBers

Mar 19, 2012
Kent
I did all this and I wasn't able to back up my Nexus (GSM european model). I got a Backup Failed! message after I tried to any of the backup options. am i missing anything?

UBT is detecting my device correctly after putting my device into USB debug mode.

I can't back up my (rooted) Nexus 7 - it says no device connected although it seems to know what device I have !!

WUGFRESH's Nexus Root Toolkit sees the device OK, as does a straight adb devices.

Any ideas please ??

TIA.

Last edited:

SaldoT

Nov 14, 2012
Stockholm
Does it show up as a detected device in UBT?
If not, make sure you've enabled USB debugging and have the ADB drivers installed.
Not sure which ones works best, for me it was the ones that came with Google Nexus 7 ToolKit v3.2.0. (There's an option in that app to install ADB drivers)
Also, as i pointed out in my post, if you've got the 4.2 update it might be a good idea to install the new ADB.exe et.c. from Android SDK or get UBT v 1.3.2 which has an updated ADB (for 4.2 i assume).

I can't back up my (rooted) Nexus 7 - it says no device connected although it seems to know what device I have !!

WUGFRESH's Nexus Root Toolkit sees the device OK, as does a straight adb devices.

Any ideas please ??

TIA.

Reactions: CBers

Ferrari353

Mar 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I backed up my app data with option 4 which seemed to work fine, and then I tried option 13 to unlock the bootloader and root my AT&T Galaxy S3 but I'm not sure if it's stuck or it just takes a long time. My SGS3 is on the Downloading screen and in command prompt, it says "Flashing...< Waiting for device >"
I don't want to interrupt it because I don't know what that may do, but I have to leave in like 20 minutes...
EDIT: I just unplugged it, pulled the battery out, and restarted, and it's fine. Now the question is, when I have time again, do I try to root it again through this? Can anyone offer any guides of rooting through this or should I just do it the regular way?

Last edited:

Arties

Nov 20, 2012
UBTv1.3.2 compile error

Hi,

after download UBTv1.3.2 on Windows 7 (32bit), i can start ubt, install samsung driver for my galaxy nexus and start backup (one or six).
After nearly an hour i get the following message window:

script: C:\Users\...\UBTv1.3.2\msg.vbs
line: 3
char: 3
error: ')' expected
code: 800A03EE
source: compilation error in microsoft vbscript

Any idea?

Regards,
Arties

CBers

Mar 19, 2012
Kent

Any ideas please ??

TIA.

Same error with Nexus 10 as well:

Capture312.JPG

Probably a JB 4.2 issue.

Wolgi

Nov 20, 2012
vbs error

got the same error with my locked and unrooted htc incredible s. tried on backup option 2 (no sys-apps)

Hi,

after download UBTv1.3.2 on Windows 7 (32bit), i can start ubt, install samsung driver for my galaxy nexus and start backup (one or six).
After nearly an hour i get the following message window:

script: C:\Users\...\UBTv1.3.2\msg.vbs
line: 3
char: 3
error: ')' expected
code: 800A03EE
source: compilation error in microsoft vbscript

Any idea?

Regards,
Arties

Proelio

Mar 4, 2011
Can you unlock your bootloader without losing data on no rooted Galaxy Nexus?

Last edited:

androidbotz

Nov 14, 2012
Hi Gigadroid,

I am going to attempt using version 1.3.2 of UBT. I have a query though, what sort of backup is done with option "6" ? Or rather, what is backed-up using option 6 (Backup device shared storage / sd card contents) ?

I wish to back-up my pics, videos, call logs, contacts and device settings will option number "6" do just that?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

aruim

May 18, 2012
Problems with v1.3.x and Xperia S

I've followed the YouTube guide, but using v1.3.2 I've not been able to perform a backup. When opening UBT.bat my phone gets recognised but shows up with some strange model number and no manufacturer/android version details. At the bottom of the window it also says some files are missing.
1S061gsTILxBZuPjTs4Gt9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0

Trying to run option 4 or any other backup options ends up with an error message saying that an "msg.vbs" script file is missing.
M87Jfxv5Blyqy1v0idbMINMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0

My Xperia S is running ICS 4.0.4 build .45

Has anyone else had a similar problem or successfully backed up their Xperia S?

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 356
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 360

NewRoot1

Nov 12, 2012
Tried successfully running option 2 with the brand new Huawei G330!!! How about using the Bootloader unlock option? Is this only
for HTC or fits it well on other devices?

Regards
Dieter

electrox73

Mar 11, 2010
Will this void my warranty? I am going to return my HTC One S because the notification LED is broked, but if they'll give me a new one instead of repleacing the LED, I need to backup. I have a lot of progress in a few games that I don't want to lose. I am aware of that Google does backup app data but I don't think it'll save game progress.
And I read somewhere that this tool while backing-up also unlocks the bootloader and that also voids my warranty, so is this true?

electrox73

Mar 11, 2010
OK, decided to try it anyway but it says "Backup Failed" when I want to choose any option of backup. I tried setting some kind of password in the Developer Options for backup on my HTC One S, but it still didn't work. With or without a password. What should I do?

-HTC One S 4.0.4

CBers

Mar 19, 2012
Kent
And I read somewhere that this tool while backing-up also unlocks the bootloader and that also voids my warranty, so is this true?

The first line in the OP says:

"With this tool, you can completely backup your device without root or unlocked bootloader."

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

CBers

Mar 19, 2012
Kent
Just used the tool to backup my N7, N10 and S3.

Kept failing to start with on the 2nd device, until I realised that it you have to include the "backup.ab" as part of the path.

I thought the idea of PATH was to be the folder name, NOT include the backup file name.

Can you look into changing this please.

It would be a nice addition if the backup file was default named to "DEVICENAME.ab" (such as Nexus_10.ab) so that it's even more easier.

TIA.

Nitin985

Jun 30, 2010
Anyone got this to work on a one series phone yet? The original method never works

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    30siupz.jpg

With this tool, you can completely backup your device without root or unlocked bootloader.
    I have tested it so far only with my Galaxy Nexus, but it should also work with other devices running Android 4.0+.
    So you can unlock your bootloader without losing your data.
    With version 1.1, not all parts of the program will be downloaded, only the necessary.
    The most tools in the "Tools" section are for the Galaxy Nexus, but more devices will follow soon.
    Now the final release of v2 is out!
    The UI is complete, it's much easier to use.

Screenshots
    aut4lx.jpg

Tutorial (thanks to AndyCr15)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa0vnq_ce-M
    If you use v1.2.2 you don't need to copy the UBT to platform-tools.
    It would be nice if someone would do a tutorial for v2 :)

German Tutorial:*click*

Download

Windows

Ultimate Backup Tool v1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2.2

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3.2

mod edit: Using pay per click links is against XDA rule 13

3. Advertising and Income Generation

Commercial advertising, advertising referral links, pay-per-click links and other income generating methods are forbidden. Do not use XDA-Developers as a means to make money.

Mirror link (not always up to date; thanks to chip.de)

ROM Backup Digital Cryptor

Mac OS / Linux

Ultimate Backup Tool v1 (thanks to eyrienne)

mod edit" more pay per click links

Source
    UBT

ROM Backup Digital Cryptor(Alpha, post bugs below; big thanks to Marijuana Legal/Marijsoft :D)

Changelog

v1
    • Initial release

v1.1
    • Added download feature
    • Changeable path for backup
    • Added "Tools" section
    • ADB preloads
    • Added pauses
    • Added ADB and fastboot check
    • changed Window size
    • returning to .bat because some virus scanners have indentified it as malware

v1.2
    • Path will now be saved
    • fixed problem with preloading ADB
    • added version number
    • added Option to backup a single app
    • added CWM for GS2 and GS3
    • fixed Option 2 to install CWM to Verizon

v1.2.1
    • hopefully fixed the bug with backup functions

v1.2.2
    • changed window size
    • spelling mistake corrected
    • advanced ADB and fastboot check (thanks to 2uk3y)
    • some UI adjustments (thanks to 2uk3y)
    • recognizes if it runs on x64 or x86

v1.3
    • full S2 and S3 support
    • german translation (thanks to TheMaurice)
    • added device and version check
    • added notification if backup has been finished
    • added device informations
    • added "Incorrect input" notification to all menus
    • added pop-ups

v1.3.1
    • fixed a bug with pop-ups
    • added pop-ups for backups of a single app
    • fixed a bug with path of backup of a single app

v1.3.2
    • option to capture a problem
    • added package list
    • added Galaxy Note support
    • ADB updated
    • Fastboot updated

v2.0
    • Added rootmethod for Samsung Galaxy S4
    • Added option to flash zip
    • Added rootmethod for many devices (Doom4lord4Root)
    • Updated option to block ads
    • Added cloudservice box
    • Added form to report bug in programm
    • Updated gpubli (google ads)
    • Add image to cloud (experimental) (save your photo sdcard cloudservice picasa or flikr - only donation***ImageToCloud) in this version zip file folder image and uploading to google drive
    • Added CloudManager to add upload to your cloud with a application you get if you donate
    • Added donationbutton (Marijuana Legal don't have a job, he's so sorry)
    • Fixed language(English language is default)
    • Fixed update search and download
    • Fixed Backup/restore list single app

Known problems
    • Problems with the HTC One series
    • Problems with Sony devices from 2011

When you have a problem make sure you have correctly installed drivers.

Donations
    Nobody has donated so far, be the first :D

Our little team
    • Gigadroid (Scripting)
    • Marijuana Legal (GUI for Windows and Mac)
    I have fixed the problem.
    The compiler has built crap.
    And yes, it requires a ADB connection
    Sorry can't give simple instructions because my pc got ****ed up again -.-
    Use the youtube tutorial with v1.3.2 if you really don't know how to use it.
    I stopped development on this and Marijsoft clearly failed the campaign for v3 so I think there will be no v3 :(
    This tool started a wave of programms (e.g. Helium etc.) that were so much easier to use than this, yeah awesome but not for us because nobody is interested in this because we were to slow to develop a good looking and easy UI :(
    I think it's dead now, it was my first project here, it looks like the next one will be an android app..

As that this project seems to be dead and there income generation links in the op I think it is best we just close this thread down

Thread closed
    @vitors and flomtidreio: It SHOULD be no problem as long as you haven't made a Backup from system apps.
    Malware?

The "Ultimate Backup Tool" referenced above comes bundled with a program called "Conduit" which has been reported as malware. Conduit installs itself in your browsers as the default search and blocks you from re-setting your previous default. Then it apparently shares your information all over the place. As a result, I declined to install the Ultimate Backup Tool even though I had the option of un-bundling Conduit. My trust was shot . . . . -Anonymous