User experience

Search This thread

subh98

Dec 21, 2012
Mumbai
Guys I hope all of you had fun with your xperia z1c. I am going to purchase this beauty and want to know about it from your mouths. I know a similar thread is there but all people have done is report bugs. By the way does the plastic back feels cheap. If it feels cheap then may be I am better off with the regular z1. Both z1c and z1 are retailing at around the same price
Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

AnDroiD178

Dec 31, 2012
Lion City
Guys I hope all of you had fun with your xperia z1c. I am going to purchase this beauty and want to know about it from your mouths. I know a similar thread is there but all people have done is report bugs. By the way does the plastic back feels cheap. If it feels cheap then may be I am better off with the regular z1. Both z1c and z1 are retailing at around the same price

Hello,

I'm not sure of your standard or definition for 'cheap plastic backs', but to me for my Z1 compact, it doesn't feel cheap. I have handled Z1 and Z1 compact and frankly can't tell the difference between the plastic back of compact vs the glass on the Z1. If you decide to go without any form of protection, then I guess you may want a glass back as the plastic back is reported to be scratched easily, if you can accept the larger size of the Z1.

subh98

Dec 21, 2012
Mumbai
Hello,

I'm not sure of your standard or definition for 'cheap plastic backs', but to me for my Z1 compact, it doesn't feel cheap. I have handled Z1 and Z1 compact and frankly can't tell the difference between the plastic back of compact vs the glass on the Z1. If you decide to go without any form of protection, then I guess you may want a glass back as the plastic back is reported to be scratched easily, if you can accept the larger size of the Z1.

I am not a fanatic for aluminium back or glass back but I cannot deny I don't like them, at least a unibody construction is something I prefer. But in hand at store I too didn't notice any difference. Just wondered may be long term use showed. But build quality is not much concern. Rather it is the usability I am concerned. I am thinking to buy this or HTC one mini(don't care about processor as long everything is lag free).

P.S Though I can manage Xperia Z1 its screen is definitely inferior to Z1c even if we forgive dreadful viewing angles. But just a bit of news has jolted me that Xperia Z2c is going to be released.

Last edited:

trewelu

Aug 14, 2010
I am not a fanatic for aluminium back or glass back but I cannot deny I don't like them, at least a unibody construction is something I prefer. But in hand at store I too didn't notice any difference. Just wondered may be long term use showed. But build quality is not much concern. Rather it is the usability I am concerned. I am thinking to buy this or HTC one mini(don't care about processor as long everything is lag free).

P.S Though I can manage Xperia Z1 its screen is definitely inferior to Z1c even if we forgive dreadful viewing angles. But just a bit of news has jolted me that Xperia Z2c is going to be released.

Being developed Yes. I don't think it is going to be released anytime soon. That probably is the japanese model, which I believe usually release around End of the year in sep-november, just like the z1f (japanese z1 compact). It will probably be released worldwide around jan-march, similar to z1f -> z1 compact release date difference.

AFAIK, the tempting difference between z1->z2 is Ram, speaker and display. Display z1c has IPS already. RAM probably would be a bit overkill at the moment but it could be useful in future.

Reactions: subh98

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Being developed Yes. I don't think it is going to be released anytime soon. That probably is the japanese model, which I believe usually release around End of the year in sep-november, just like the z1f (japanese z1 compact). It will probably be released worldwide around jan-march, similar to z1f -> z1 compact release date difference.

AFAIK, the tempting difference between z1->z2 is Ram, speaker and display. Display z1c has IPS already. RAM probably would be a bit overkill at the moment but it could be useful in future.